• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

New Disney Store Doll Releases For 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Disney Store Doll Releases For 2012
I'm thinking there will be a few Limited Editions, but I would like a more accurate Ariel face first (and a revamp for Eric too!). I'd rather have a special 12" Ariel in the 'emerging from the water' gown. Good luck with Ursula & Triton, I've held off getting them too, lol.

I think the Eric doll looks rather good actually, but it would be nice if they didn't neglect the princes so much. I came back from the Disney Store with the Fairy godmother instead of Ursulla and Triton. I had a good look at their faces, and I'm not really sure I like the look of them, they both look very fake. Guess I'll be waiting and crossing my fingers for LE's. I'd die for the 12'' ARiel emerging from the water gown, all sparkly and stuff. Bring it on :)

These sets have been out in the UK for a fair few weeks now, I bought the Cinderella one a couple of weeks ago. As far as I know all the sets are new ones, as the previous Rapunzel and flynn set had rapunzel with short dark hair, but the new one she has long blonde locks. The Cinders set is also new as she is wearing a totally new wedding dress, although the prince looks the same as the standard one. I am hoping to get the Ariel and Eric set at some point too, dont think I will bother with rapunzel as I prefer the short haired version set that I already have, plus the Belle set I will pass on too as I dont really collect her as they never seem to get her dolls right in my opinion ;o)

Oh okay, I hadn't seen them in the stores I visited, hence why I assumed they were brand new. I'm kind of missing a 'new' section on the Disney store website though as it's not an easy website to navigate your way through, especially when it comes down to finding new sets. But hey you can't have it all.

:)

Seems DS has finally updated the mini Cinderella doll set and put up the new corrected one...

http://www.disneystore.com/new-cinderella-mini-disney-princess-doll-set/mp/1320939/1000995/

Browsing the DS UK noticed the mini Cinderella doll set still has wrong faces on the stepsisters. Notice anything else wrong? What are Aurora's fairy godmothers doing with Cinderella? Hmm...

Screen Shot of the item's page
2najx1g.jpg

14ubcqv.jpg

2j50sgm.jpg

Browsing the DS UK noticed the mini Cinderella doll set still has wrong faces on the stepsisters. Notice anything else wrong? What are Aurora's fairy godmothers doing with Cinderella? Hmm...

2najx1g.jpg

14ubcqv.jpg

2j50sgm.jpg

Disney I think it's time you get your webshop managers into that training studio and let them rewatch all the disney classics ;-)

2najx1g.jpg

14ubcqv.jpg

2j50sgm.jpg

This is too funny, in a bad way...! And I'll bet if someone calls them out on it, they'll get defensive like the way they initially did about Drizella and Anastasia's faces. :(

Last edited:
Oh my goodness. Thanks for posting that. I had a good laugh over that. I love how the title is just "mini dolls set," and there's no mention of the fairies in the description.

Hahaha that's hilarious! While this page was loading for me, I saw the photo of the set before I read anybody's posts, and I was like, "Wha-?!?!". Lol

Hello everyone! My name is Phil and I am new to this site. I have been reading the posts for the last three days about the Disney Limited Edition Dolls to gather more information and insight. Right now I have allot of time on my hands working in Afghanistan for the Army and I admit that I enjoy the challenge of finding these dolls to complete my daughters collection. Aleigha is her name and she is 7, hence the screen name. I have managed within the last few days to find the last 2 dolls to complete her 12 doll collection, again lots of time to kill. Alice was not cheap $800+ and Queen of Hearts $200+, I have Merida & Elinor preordered and will have them picked up on the 13th of November.
My wife has managed to tear away my rough exterior after retirement from the Army and get me involved with this new adventure. Its all about my kids now and what I can give them for standing by me for the last 23 years in the military. So, enough of the soft stuff, I do have some questions because like I said I am somewhat a novice at this. The SGT Calhoun doll that will be out on the 2nd of November is this doll considered part of the Disney Limited Collection I have Now? I am confused because her size is 1" shorter and comes with a different box. Does anyone know for sure if Tinker Bell will be considered part of the collection in February?
One last question does the value of the dolls go down if the box is opened? So we have managed to refrain from opening them, we don't even know the sequence numbers yet and my wife has been doing this since 2009, we are scared to even try to find out.

For your icon you go to the very top of the screen where it says "Settings". After you click this, on the left hand side, you scroll down to the thing that says "My Profile". Underneath that is "Edit my Profile Picture". Then, you can upload an image from either your computer or the web! :)

Hello everyone! My name is Phil and I am new to this site. I have been reading the posts for the last three days about the Disney Limited Edition Dolls to gather more information and insight. Right now I have allot of time on my hands working in Afghanistan for the Army and I admit that I enjoy the challenge of finding these dolls to complete my daughters collection. Aleigha is her name and she is 7, hence the screen name. I have managed within the last few days to find the last 2 dolls to complete her 12 doll collection, again lots of time to kill. Alice was not cheap $800+ and Queen of Hearts $200+, I have Merida & Elinor preordered and will have them picked up on the 13th of November.
My wife has managed to tear away my rough exterior after retirement from the Army and get me involved with this new adventure. Its all about my kids now and what I can give them for standing by me for the last 23 years in the military. So, enough of the soft stuff, I do have some questions because like I said I am somewhat a novice at this. The SGT Calhoun doll that will be out on the 2nd of November is this doll considered part of the Disney Limited Collection I have Now? I am confused because her size is 1" shorter and comes with a different box. Does anyone know for sure if Tinker Bell will be considered part of the collection in February?
One last question does the value of the dolls go down if the box is opened? So we have managed to refrain from opening them, we don't even know the sequence numbers yet and my wife has been doing this since 2009, we are scared to even try to find out.

Hi Phil! Welcome to DPF! :) Let's see... to tackle your questions:

1) To my knowledge, there really is no "official" series for the large Limited Edition dolls (which in their product titles range from 17"-18"). It kind of depends on the actual collector's take on it. Some people group only the official 10 Disney Princesses (assuming Disney makes all 10 as the large LE dolls) as a group. Others include the Princesses' villains as companion pieces to that group. Others still will add Alice, the Queen of Hearts, Merida, and Elinor as part of their grouping (these four are not part of the official Disney Princess franchise). But in the grand scheme of things, there are still other large LE dolls: Jack Skellington, Sally, Woody, Jesse, and Buzz Lightyear... so it really depends on what your family wants to consider for your collection. I know that is not a definitive answer, but I am pretty sure that the original intent of the Disney Store for these large LE dolls was not so much about people collecting them all so much as people buying their favorites.

2) As of yet, there has been no official announcement of a larger LE Tinkerbell doll to coincide with the Diamond Edition blu-ray release of Peter Pan, nor are there any leaked pictures yet. It's all speculative for the moment. Again, there is no official grouping of the large LE dolls, apart from literally all of the large LE dolls created.

3) Technically, the value of the dolls only decreases if you take them out of the factory packaging and restraints or remove something from the doll. But keep in mind that a doll is worth only as much as any other person would pay for it (which in some rare cases can still be a considerable amount even for a deboxed doll). Luckily, Disney limited edition dolls (large and not) usually have boxes or cases that can be easily opened and re-closed as if they had never been opened, in case you wanted to check the CoA number or adjust the doll's hair, arm, accessory, outfit within the confines of the factory packaging. Basically, as long as the doll still looks complete like she just came from the factory, and the box/packaging is in clean/mint condition, she ought to be able to fetch more money rather than less. I have to refer you to DRJ1828, who has some great photos that show how the various boxes can be opened. Video reviews on youTube also may be helpful to you.

Good luck!

Oh no.... I am so embarrassed right now for them. THEY WORK FOR DISNEY!!!! HOW CAN THEY GET THAT WRONG?!?! The faces first, now bringing in the 3 fairires from a completely different movie??! So sad.
:facepalm:

New Disney Store Classic Film Collection for 2012. They switched up the order this year for the 10 pack. Instead of going from oldest to newest, they went from newest to oldest. They also took away the release date for each Princess. (Wish they would have kept that).

tumblr_mchyv4gwVn1qgsmfro1_500.jpg

Does anyone know about the corrected 12" Cinderella Doll Gift Set in the US? I bought one online today, and I'm crossing my fingers that I will get the right one!

So it's official! I received my Cinderella Doll Gift Set in the mail today! And they have the CORRECT faces! So for those of you iffy about ordering online, I'd go ahead and do it! They look great!

Corrected Cinderella Doll Gift Set - Photos

So it's official! I received my Cinderella Doll Gift Set in the mail today! And they have the CORRECT faces! So for those of you iffy about ordering online, I'd go ahead and do it! They look great!
A very late thank you for this notice that the Cinderella Doll Gift Set has the corrected stepsisters. I went ahead and bought a set online, after having bought the original set when it first came out. I also bought the Cinderalla Mini Doll set. Here are some photos of the new set, and comparisons to the old stepsisters.

Corrected Cinderella Deluxe and Mini Doll Sets - First Look - Boxed by drj1828, on Flickr

Corrected Cinderella Deluxe Doll Gift Set - First Look - Deboxed - Stepsisters - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Corrected Cinderella Deluxe Doll Gift Set - First Look - Deboxed - Stepsisters - Midrange Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Corrected vs Original Cinderella Deluxe Doll Gift Set - First Look - Deboxed - Stepsisters - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Anastasia and Drizella look so much more like themselves now! Drizella needs a bit of a hair adjustment in the front, as her hair should part in the center and frame her face, thus covering up more of her forehead, but I think that might be a relatively easy fix (I hope). I'll see when my set comes in this week. :p

Wish I would have waited to buy mine; but I thought it would be a LE set a few months ago...oh well, still love having them ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back