• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

New DS Classic Dolls Images Found: Oz The Great And Powerful + New Brave Merida Doll

Status
Not open for further replies.
New DS Classic Dolls Images Found: Oz The Great And Powerful + New Brave Merida Doll
I think it's really odd. I'm pretty pathetic when it comes to this collector addiction. I check the website daily and if I wake up in the middle of the night. I'M NOT GONNA MISS ANY SURPRISE RELEASE! ;) But it really is odd how the site seems to be "glitchy". Sgt Calhoon popped back up for a day. Now Oz stuff is gone...but the Designer Wicked Queen is back up. Thankfully, none of this really effects me and my collection right now. ;) I just want the witches and more 17" LE villains! :D
The store just needs to get it's stuff together!

As someone who accidentally found a spoiler about the Oz movie, I believe some of the witches merchandise will not be released until after the movie is out (much like the Elinor Bear doll did not come out with the first wave of Brave merchandise). But I don't really understand why the Oz doll was taken down.
Has anyone seen the Target dolls in stores yet? I really want their Oz doll, as he is cheaper and comes with a tiny China Doll.

As someone who accidentally found a spoiler about the Oz movie, I believe some of the witches merchandise will not be released until after the movie is out (much like the Elinor Bear doll did not come out with the first wave of Brave merchandise). But I don't really understand why the Oz doll was taken down.
Has anyone seen the Target dolls in stores yet? I really want their Oz doll, as he is cheaper and comes with a tiny China Doll.

See...I'm a bad person. I think I know what you are talking about (but don't want to spoil it for everyone by asking, "Hey, are you talking about ____") ;)
BUT!
I don't care about anyone else! I just want my dolls! :wat:

Random question/thought that popped in to my mind. Did anyone here order something from that short lived Oz collection? If so, did you actually get it or do you have to wait till it's released again?

The merchandise has not been officially released yet...

About two weeks ago, they posted an Oscar doll, 2 mugs, a water bottle, journal, and stationary on the website. Then they took it all down less than a week later. I was wondering if anyone tried to buy anything from the collection and, if so, what they were told. (I'm secretly hoping they were given a correct date.)
Or...was that comment their vague response?

Last edited:
It's odd that the Oscar Diggs doll did not make it into this release date, especially since he did mystically appear and disappear in the course of 24 hours a few weeks back... I'll hold off on making an order until he becomes available. These 12" dolls seem to be open edition, so I don't think they will sell out fast. Also, the movie has not been released yet, so there probably will not be a frenzy of purchasing until March 8th.

And the China Girl doll... what a price tag! Keep in mind that she is more of a movie replica that happens to be a doll. Note that she is made of resin (not vinyl), she has a totally different box (with a satin lining), and they gave her a doll stand with a wooden base, so I don't think that future LE dolls from the existing 17"-18" LE doll line will share this price. I hope!

Last edited:
do you think the u.k would get here? wanna purchase the china doll but its gonna cost loads in shipping and taxes

Honestly, with an LE size of 500, I fear that you guys will have flashbacks of the Alice and Queen of Hearts dolls. The high price makes me think that there's a weak possibility...but the low size makes me think a stronger no.

Personally for me, if I like the character, I'll buy the Target/Toysrus version because it looks like the same thing, only smaller and affordable.

Last edited:
Holyfudgemuffins! :shock: I want the China Girl sooo bad but the price...yikes. Even though it's a low LE size, I'm hoping that because of the price and the fact that the movie is not out yet will mean slower sales...so hopefully she'll still be around by the time I get paid again. :x:

It's odd that the Oscar Diggs doll did not make it into this release date, especially since he did mystically appear and disappear in the course of 24 hours a few weeks back... I'll hold off on making an order until he becomes available. These 12" dolls seem to be open edition, so I don't think they will sell out fast. Also, the movie has not been released yet, so there probably will not be a frenzy of purchasing until March 8th.

That was the fear when I bought these this morning. I saw them, clicked *Add to Cart* and then thought "Wait...what if this becomes the same flashback nonsense as the first time? Eh...oh well...I WANT THEM!" Anything Oz has just always held my heart and fascination, and I've always been a fan of the villains, so I had to. Hopefully if it is a fluke release...again...they will just be like "Well, cat's out of the bag, might as well." I mean, they probably have been sitting in a warehouse for months by now.

And the China Girl doll... what a price tag! Keep in mind that she is more of a movie replica that happens to be a doll. Note that she is made of resin (not vinyl), she has a totally different box (with a satin lining), and they gave her a doll stand with a wooden base, so I don't think that future LE dolls from the existing 17"-18" LE doll line will share this price. I hope!

It kind of doesn't surprise me that they made a China Girl "doll". Even though she is mostly going to be CGI, I'll bet that this is a slightly more polished make and model of the movie prop doll he carries around when she's not really needed in CGI. I think you hit it on the head when you said "movie replica that happens to be a doll". Disney is smart, they'll play in to our addictions like crazy!
My goodness though, she will stand out if you put her beside your current collection. She'll be taller than your Heirloom Collection dolls...AND their boxes! As for me...I'll be happy looking at her through flicker or tumblr. ;)
OH! And one more thing...could you imagine if they actually made her out of "china" or "porcelain", kind of like the LE Mrs. Potts and Chip? Oh good Lord I would be a nervous wreck waiting to see if the mailman was gentle.:shock:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back