• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

New - From Boston area!

Status
Not open for further replies.
New - From Boston area!

uciski88

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello -

We love Disney and I am new to the "trading" of pins.
I have collected pins for a while now, but never seen a need to trade/sell any.

I am headed to Disney soon and want to
sell some of my really rare pins
AND I also want to trade some of my hard to find pins for pins that I can trade at the parks.

What is the best way to do this? I don't want to purchase a book and then hear from people saying it varies, but I know that some RARE pins must have a value range...

How do you know who to trust for trading pins? I would be sad if I traded a hard to find pin for scrappers.

Is there a set of rules for listing trades?
what are the descriptions that are used? I have some mint on card never removed, some limited that were from park trade this Feb. (so not mint) etc.

Thanks and Cheers!
I am excited to learn about trading!!

If I am in the wrong location/forum/group - sorry in advance! :sad:

Howdy, Boston-ski! Good questions! If you poke around in the forums, you'll see threads that address many of the issues you've raised. My only advice is to have patience (don't rush into any trade, especially if it involves one of your rare pins) but don't get so bound up in worrying about optimizing trades that you forget to have fun.

hi another new pin Person from the Boston area!!! I not a new person but I rarely post on here been here since the boards start ed up Like many of us here we started over on Dizpins.

Are you from Boston itself or the Burbs? I am from Quincy!!! feel free to ask me any questions never know maybe we can make a trade or two!!!
Welcome aboard!!!

im suez on pinpics feel free to look
When are you going to Disney?? IM going Sept 28 for a week

Is it ok to list pins that I have for trade?
(I am guessing Ebay for selling) - I only have 1 pin that I think would sell on Ebay.

Tinker Bell International Holland - can't find anything other then the issue price/photo...
I bought it direct - but see many people have it on a wish list so... figure it's worth selling probably.

I will look at the forums to find a trading one - for starts!!

Cheers and HI!

hi another new pin Person from the Boston area!!! I not a new person but I rarely post on here been here since the boards start ed up Like many of us here we started over on Dizpins.

Are you from Boston itself or the Burbs? I am from Quincy!!! feel free to ask me any questions never know maybe we can make a trade or two!!!
Welcome aboard!!!

im suez on pinpics feel free to look
When are you going to Disney?? IM going Sept 28 for a week

Going in October for 6 days~ looks like we will JUST miss you!! LOL!!
I can't wait - Halloween Party Starts in Sept!!! right?!
this will be our 1st Halloween vacation! wheeee!

Oooo MNSSHP is SO MUCH FUN! I have been several times. You will love it!

Hello and welcome to the pinsanity! :lgm:

Btw, are you going to Disney World or Land? We will be at WDW in October as well! We always go for Halloween (Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party at the Magic Kingdom is a MUST) and the Food & Wine Festival at Epcot. What dates are you going?

Also, you can sell your pins here on DPF. Under the section "Disney Pin Forum - Marketplace" there is a subsection called "Pins for Sale/Wanted". Check there for the posting rules, then put your pins up for sale!

Another handy tool is to register a free account at pinpics (www.pinpics.com). Then you can list all the pins you have for trade as well as your wants. Then come back here and enter your pinpics id under your profile. Then all your trades and wants will show up under your name, like most of the people here. Makes trading super easy! :)

Hope that helps. :D Great to have you aboard! :bigthumb:

Jesse

Last edited:
Aloha and Welcome! :wavey:

You are asking really good questions; I'll do my best to answer them ... .

I am headed to Disney soon and want to
sell some of my really rare pins
AND I also want to trade some of my hard to find pins for pins that I can trade at the parks.

What is the best way to do this? I don't want to purchase a book and then hear from people saying it varies, but I know that some RARE pins must have a value range...

How do you know who to trust for trading pins? I would be sad if I traded a hard to find pin for scrappers.

Is there a set of rules for listing trades?
what are the descriptions that are used? I have some mint on card never removed, some limited that were from park trade this Feb. (so not mint) etc.

There are two ways to sell your pins, on eBay and on private forums, like here. I am not an eBay seller, so I don't know too much about the former, except there are two types of auctions - the regular auction (a reserve - the minimum you are willing to accept for an item - can be set) and the buy it now (where you decide on what you want for the item ahead of time, no bidding required) and you can list an item with both regular bidding and buy it now at the same time. If you choose to sell your pins here, you need to know what you want for them in advance and quote your prices clearly (however, you can modify them as your sale goes on). You can consult closed auctions on eBay or Tomarts (although I would take the latter with a barrel of salt) for a guideline of what the pins could/should be worth - or you could just ask people here for their opinions.

Knowing who to trust for trading pins is a good question. If you are trading online, your best bet is to check references. If you are trading in person, that's a bit harder. Then, you'll just have to look at the pins you are getting, what you are giving up, and ask yourself if the trade makes sense. If something seems 'off,' if the trade seems too good to be true, if the other person is too pushy to get you to accept the trade, or if something (for any irrational or rational reason) makes you uncomfortable, you probably are right and should pass on the trade. Never make a trade unless you are 100% comfortable with it. Don't feel that you must accept every trade offer that comes your way and remember that a polite 'no thank you' is just as acceptable an answer as a 'yes, please, I'd love to trade.'

As far as I know, there is no set rule for listing your traders. Just start a thread, mention what you've got to trade ... and what you are looking for specifically (if you are looking for any particular pins) or your Pin Pics account ID so people know what to offer you and hope people will get in contact with you. Most people use the descriptions that are on the Pin Pics listings, but sometimes they write their own, particularly if the pin isn't on Pin Pics.

I hope this helps and, again, welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back