• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

New HM Display

Status
Not open for further replies.
New HM Display

TammyH

Well-Known DPF Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Here's my latest pin-display. I have to say, I enjoy creating displays using picture frames, but I think I need to move on to something else.

I had hoped to do a IO display next, but then YAY3! had some WONDERFUL Haunted Mansion pins that I just NEEDED. :) 2 quick ebay purchases complete both sets and now I have a display for the holiday.

IMG_4557_zpsf9fl2wdu.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Overall I'm happy with it. Wish I could have done better with the colors ( the paper and the HM sign are just a bit off), but I'm still happy with it.

This looks great! I love it when you can find backing paper that "works" for your theme without overpowering the pins. Yours looks awesome but the pins still pop! As anyone who has ever attempted to create a display can attest that is a victory!

Thank you so much. :) I really enjoy doing these projects.

Just as a note: I actually had to create this background. I'm getting pretty good with google and an on-line editor. I was able to find the background paper/image and then the HM image and merge them together. The editor is a bit of a PIA to figure out, but I can usually create things I can't find. Now to work on the IO background... *sigh* I have NOT been able to find images that will work (I need the IO image to be able to be "transparent" when I put it on the background).

I had assumed you used a piece of scrapbook paper for the background. So impressive that you put the image all together yourself! And it perfectly sets off your pins without overpowering them. What did you use behind the paper to secure the pin posts?

I had assumed you used a piece of scrapbook paper for the background. So impressive that you put the image all together yourself! And it perfectly sets off your pins without overpowering them. What did you use behind the paper to secure the pin posts?

What I usually do is take the glass out and add a piece of cork (cut to fit) behind the printed paper. Usually the cork is not thick enough for the pin-post, so the pins may either be a bit raised from the paper (see my SOTMK frame) or in this case, the frame is a cheap Dollar Store purchase, so the back-board is thin, so I just push the pins completely through (they stick out a bit in the back -- but no one sees that).

Thanks again! I really like where I have it in the house because some of the pins are glow-in-the-dark and they just pop when the lights are turned off. :)

This is AMAZING! Holy cow, I wish I was 1/10th as creative as you are. The frame and background and pins look like you bought the entire thing as a Disney made set, so professional and well balanced. I'm just gonna stare at this masterpiece for awhile until I can pick my jaw up off of the floor. :bigthumb:

The frame/paper go beautiful with the pins. Inspiring me to maybe try collecting a specific theme in a frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back