• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

New LE Merida and Queen Elinor Doll Set images found

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was also thinking that their outfits appear to be more simple than previous dolls, which could possibly mean that they are trying to keep the price at $99? I would also agree that $150 would be the max amount, as I don't know how many people would purchase the dolls at a much higher price point.

Do you think Merida is sitting on something in the box (like a stool or something), or is she just positioned/fastened down in the box to look like she is sitting?

The LE 17" doll boxes are clear on the sides, so I am just wondering how it will look (if viewed from the side) if she is just "squatting"...LOL.

And random thought...does anyone else find it somewhat strange that we now have two 17" Rapunzel dolls and two 17" Merida dolls, yet there are still quite a few official princesses that don't have a LE 17" doll? I know Disney Store is not done and will continue to release these dolls, but I just find it interesting how they are choosing to release these. The first LE 17" Merida doll is still for sale on the website, and we now already have a preview for a new one (don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining...just find it interesting :)).

Random thought #2...I wonder if they are contemplating any more (two-in-the-box) LE 17" dolls. I would *think* they wouldn't add male characters, because they have already done many Princesses without their respective Princes...but who knows. I would LOVE to see a blue dress Tiana/ Pink dress Charlotte set!

It would be interesting if they did include a prop like a chair or stool, but somehow I don't think there is one (just call it a hunch, given that the only accessories so far are either jewelry or hand-held items). A chair or stool enters the realm of doll houses/dioramas, which the Disney Store dolls don't seem to promote much (at least not since the 2009 Seven Dwarfs Cottage that doesn't even really work for 12" dolls). So, yeah, Merida's probably squatting... :eek2:

As for the 2 LE Rapunzels and 2 Meridas so far, I attribute that to the Disney Store getting in while they are still the new "hot" tickets. That said, Rapunzel will probably stay in the upper tiers of popularity forever. Who can resist the girl with the super long hair? The first 6 princesses are already established, and Disney knows that they will sell, but they seem to be linking these dolls with the Diamond Edition releases (well, Tiana and blonde Rapunzel just went along with the blu-ray & DVD releases), so Jasmine, Ariel, and Aurora will just have to wait until it's their time to go Diamond Edition. :( As for Pocahontas and Mulan, it doesn't look good so far, considering Pocahontas goes blu-ray next week, and there has been absolutely no indication that she will get a 17" LE doll. Disney may surprise us, though. Well see!

I haven't seen the journal listed at disneystore.com yet...there will be seven journals for the designer villains...the six ndividual villain journals we have already seen and another with the four classic villains on the cover similar to the design of the villains jumbo pin I posted in the disney store sneak peeks thread about a month ago and can be seen on the "Reusable Disney Villains Tote" currently listed on the disney store site.
The journal has been sold on the disney store site many times and has sold out every time. I watch the Brave section of that site like a hawk, I seriously need a life. The journal does tend to be sold in store though. I was able to get one while they had them in stock at my local disney store. The journal appears on the disney store site every few months or so. If they get more in stock, you'll see it online again.

Disney really needs to stop producing Brave stuff I don't need. I was going to buy just the Merida limited edition doll but I would rather wait for this...

Thank you so much TheOtherSeteve for sharing the links you found, you're truly amazing. HOW EXCITING. I was hoping they would release Queen Elinor as a 17" doll as they did with Mother Gothel, but releasing her along with the formal Merida is double exciting. I wonder what they'll be priced at, and I am guessing they'll cost the same as the LE 17" Woody & Buzz doll set that was released few years ago. But then again I think (if I remember right) they were talking doll? so maybe the Merida/Elinor set will cost less. I wish they had fancier outfits, but I agree with DRJ1828 they might have made them simple to keep the cost of manufacturing/selling then low. But I could be wrong we'll see when they come out. I also wonder if they will be available for pre-order or right away. I think pre-orders always give us real collectors a chance to get our doll before re-sellers.

Oh man I need to pre-order my copy of the Brave blu-ray soon, I really love the lithographs and plan on framing them! :)

I've made several comparison collages comparing the upcoming LE Merida and Queen Elinor dolls with other versions of the dolls released so far by the Disney Store.

Merida LE 17'' Dolls - Formal vs Celebration - Portrait Views by drj1828, on Flickr

Formal Merida Dolls - LE 17'' vs 12'' - Disney Store Images by drj1828, on Flickr

Queen Elinor Dolls - LE 17'' vs 12'' - Disney Store Images by drj1828, on Flickr

Thanks for posting this. I think it's amazing that a simple eyebrow position can make Merida's face expression look totally different. Also her mouth is less pouty and more smiley. I love Merida's hair!! Also love the Queen's outfit but wish they added beads and crystals to make it a little fancier, I think I might add them myself once I get this set hopefully. I like the face of the 12" Queen more, as the 17" Queen looks tired and for some reason, maybe because of the upper & lower lids. But I'm amazed of the details that DS pay attention too, especially their hair!! <3

Anyone knows when they'll be available for pre-order/order? DS came out with many releases lately and I have to start saving for this set. Or I guess the hubs can now know what I want for my birthday! hehe :tigger:

Thank you for posting these photos. The other Steve, drj1828 , Shivatopia and others are so generous with their knowledge and photos, it takes some of the stress out of collecting the dolls. It is all good though, we doll collectors are certainly getting more attention from Disney Marketing, although I don't even want to add up $ that will be spent this year and we haven't even seen the holiday goodies yet.
Thank you again

Pongo

This is the $200 set that I mentioned back in June. I know some people were upset with me, but I couldn't give many details then. Glad that the pics are out so people can't call me crazy!

$200!!?This set is going to have a retail price of $200?Now way,now that's cheating people out of there money,IMHO.These dolls dont look worth $99.50 a piece,It seems as though Disney manufactured them together to increase sales for favorite charecters,for example those who'd only want an Elinor doll would have to purchase Merida as well,and vice versa.Not very fair Disney,I already have the first LE Merida,I dont need two of her. :(

Btw Im new here!Im glad I managed to find another place and can share and discuss my love for Disney Princess merchandise. :D

Not to sound even remotely cynical about Disney.. But I really wouldn't expect less. I love Disney and their products, but at the end of the day they are a company that wants to make money. They'll charge $200 knowing the die hard fans will pay it (like I will be). I am relieved, however, to see that the edition is 2500. I had no idea what that would be, and I was super concerned that it would be less than a thousand. Glad to see we have a chance at this (though the price will likely scare the scalpers off, and clearly they've backed off the 17" dolls for the most part already).

On commentary of the dolls.. I am so, so happy with how they look. I, like others here, am very pleased to see the grey streak in Elinor's hair, as well as the fine detail. I like that the face for this Merida differs from the other Merida 17" doll. With the two Rapunzels they were the same, but I like how this shows the difference of how she would be dolled up (no pun intended) when in her blue dress.

$200!!?This set is going to have a retail price of $200?Now way,now that's cheating people out of there money,IMHO.These dolls dont look worth $99.50 a piece,It seems as though Disney manufactured them together to increase sales for favorite charecters,for example those who'd only want an Elinor doll would have to purchase Merida as well,and vice versa.Not very fair Disney,I already have the first LE Merida,I dont need two of her. :(

Btw Im new here!Im glad I managed to find another place and can share and discuss my love for Disney Princess merchandise. :D

Not to sound even remotely cynical about Disney.. But I really wouldn't expect less. I love Disney and their products, but at the end of the day they are a company that wants to make money. They'll charge $200 knowing the die hard fans will pay it (like I will be). I am relieved, however, to see that the edition is 2500. I had no idea what that would be, and I was super concerned that it would be less than a thousand. Glad to see we have a chance at this (though the price will likely scare the scalpers off, and clearly they've backed off the 17" dolls for the most part already).

On commentary of the dolls.. I am so, so happy with how they look. I, like others here, am very pleased to see the grey streak in Elinor's hair, as well as the fine detail. I like that the face for this Merida differs from the other Merida 17" doll. With the two Rapunzels they were the same, but I like how this shows the difference of how she would be dolled up (no pun intended) when in her blue dress.

Agreed! I would want both anyway, so I'm not too upset about that price (I mean sure, cheaper would be better, but I'm happy with the quality of the dolls, so I'll hand over my money lol). :D

I don't know,maybe because I'm not a die-hard Brave fan I can't find a way to justify such a price.In my personal opinion these don't look worth 99.50 a piece,not when compared to previous Limited Edition releases like the First Merida and Wedding Rapunzel,all who had impeccable detail.Disneys design team could have gotten creative with Meridas blue dress and altered the design yet still keep it original like they did with Snow White and Rapunzel respective dresses.All they really did here was add tons of colorful jewels to her dress,that's it.Elinor seems a little more justifiable given she got a new head mold and an improved dress over her 12" counterpart.But,Oh well,you win some you lose some I suppose,Disney can't possibly impress everyone.Atleast they'll be making a pretty penny out of these.

I'm pretty disappointed. I was really hoping for a LE Elinor all by herself. I really wanted a super detailed perfect doll version of her and now it looks like I won't get it. The box looks crowded to me and it does not allow you to admire either doll very well. I think Elinor's dress looks wrong and cheap although I love her hair and face. Merida's dress looks beautiful with all those jewels, but why didn't they put jewels on Elinor's dress. They could have really done something special with her because her dress has those specks of gold, green, and flickers of blue. They could have made her brilliant! And I hate that there isn't a beautiful box of just Elinor. After all the movie was almost as much about her as it was Merida. She was featured quite a bit.

I don't know,maybe because I'm not a die-hard Brave fan I can't find a way to justify such a price.In my personal opinion these don't look worth 99.50 a piece,not when compared to previous Limited Edition releases like the First Merida and Wedding Rapunzel,all who had impeccable detail.Disneys design team could have gotten creative with Meridas blue dress and altered the design yet still keep it original like they did with Snow White and Rapunzel respective dresses.All they really did here was add tons of colorful jewels to her dress,that's it.Elinor seems a little more justifiable given she got a new head mold and an improved dress over her 12" counterpart.But,Oh well,you win some you lose some I suppose,Disney can't possibly impress everyone.Atleast they'll be making a pretty penny out of these.
I'm a diehard fan of the movie and I cannot justify spending $200 on dolls. Granted, I cannot justify spending $100 on the collectors Merida doll. I also don't collect dolls, I am sure for collectible dolls the price is not that outrageous. I think Elinor looks great but like you said, that Merida doll isn't worth a hundred bucks. The dress is not a step up from the 12" doll.

I dont know,maybe I determine the value in things by how much I truly admire/like the specific charecter/story.Just recently I blew a good $200 on this beautifully craftedSnow White doll by Ashton Drake.Now given Snow White isnt my favorite princess,I still have a soft spot for her because I like her charecter and her design,and given I missed out of the Disney Stores Snow White release I really wanted to add a Collector quality Snow White to my Limited Edition collection.There is no way I'd spend that kind of money on my least favorite princesses,but given it was for Snow White I was willing to make a sacrafice and sell an arm and a leg for her.Does that make sence?lol.Basically in a nutshell,If I love a charecter,and can deem the doll worthy of my money,I'll buy it,but when it comes to this Merida and Elinor set,which I dont find apropriatly priced for $200(99.50 per doll) when I can get something of the same value,for much better quality and overall execution(for my personal tastes)than Iwont even bother.I guess it all depends on your individual tastes.

I dont know,maybe I determine the value in things by how much I truly admire/like the specific charecter/story.Just recently I blew a good $200 on this beautifully craftedSnow White doll by Ashton Drake.Now given Snow White isnt my favorite princess,I still have a soft spot for her because I like her charecter and her design,and given I missed out of the Disney Stores Snow White release I really wanted to add a Collector quality Snow White to my Limited Edition collection.There is no way I'd spend that kind of money on my least favorite princesses,but given it was for Snow White I was willing to make a sacrafice and sell an arm and a leg for her.Does that make sence?lol.Basically in a nutshell,If I love a charecter,and can deem the doll worthy of my money,I'll buy it,but when it comes to this Merida and Elinor set,which I dont find apropriatly priced for $200(99.50 per doll) when I can get something of the same value,for much better quality and overall execution(for my personal tastes)than Iwont even bother.I guess it all depends on your individual tastes.

I completely understand. I definitely don't buy every doll that comes out (though if I could afford it, I probably would! Lol). The designer villains, for example - I love their chic looks, but when it comes down to it, I've never collected villains and I don't think digging into my wallet to purchase these makes sense for ME (but I do want Mother Gothel for my Tangled collection ;) ).

Just wanted to share a comparison I made between the dresses of the animated Merida & Queen Elinor vs. the dresses of LE Merida & Queen Elinor Dolls.

7818772376_cb7059cd25_b.jpg

Examining LE 17" Formal Merida's Dress vs. Formal Dress As Appeared in the Movie by AuroRapunzel on flickr

7818773270_aba5aa6385_b.jpg

Examining LE 17" Queen Elinor's Dress vs. Queen's Dress As Appeared in the Movie by AuroRapunzel on flickr

That Ashton Drake doll is beautiful...assuming I found the right one online. I can totally see what you're saying.

I pre ordered the Villain dolls night. Something about the Designer series just gets me. I think they are beautiful and elegant. I thought I wanted to just collect the 17", but the Designer dolls just speak to me for some reason. And I LOVE that they come in a case already.

I am ecstatic. I cannot wait to add these ladies to my collection! I have every piece of LE Brave merchandise they have release thus far, and I'm not missing out on this one. ^^ I think they are beautiful. I do wish they were more in the range of $170, instead of $200, but honestly, what is $30 in the long run? Thank you for sharing the pictures, they are all over the internet haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back