• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

New LE Merida and Queen Elinor Doll Set images found

Status
Not open for further replies.
New LE Merida and Queen Elinor Doll Set images found
Found this funny pic of chibi Merida & Chibi Queen Elinor, it's too cute I thought I'd share. It's done by French artist David Gilson (aka Prince Kido)

chibies_queen_elinor_and_princess_merida_by_princekido-d50wppv.jpg

Oooh thanks for the pic!! I don't like the way Elinor's hair is tucked behind her ears, makes her ears look big! But still, I really like them, and I can't wait to see them in person!! btw, do you know if their box was wider? or did they fit them inside the same size box as the previous 17" dolls?

I agree, they made her hair on the side of her face strange. But the quality of her hair was amazing. Much better in person. And yeah the box was a lot wider, same height as previous editions but wider.
LOL I love that picture of them XD

Last edited:
I only saw them when they were already sold out. They weren't there last night so I assume they were put up this morning.

I would imagine it's the same box size as the previous double doll 17" edition of Woody and Buzz - but I could be wrong

I just went to the store and measured the box. It is the same size as the other LE 17'' single doll boxes: 19'' H x 10'' W x 7'' D. I will post some photos later.

Correction: The boxes for the LE 17'' single doll releases measure 19'' H x 11'' W x 6'' D. So the Merida and Queen Elinor box is an inch narrower and an inch deeper.

Last edited:
NOOOOOOO!!!!!! :'( :'( THEY CANNOT BE SOLD OUT, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE NO! :(
Please let this just be a big mistake... :(

Someone in UK called UK's DS and they posted this on facebook:
...they said that it appears "sold out" because it is not for sale yet... They have apparently no release date... she said eventuallty it will go to "add to basket" but I wouldn't be surprised if with the next website update she dissapears all together and they only put them back up in November... Apparently they only update the Website 2 or 3 times a week. ...
So you should be okay but I'd keep an eye on the page just in case it goes live! Good luck! :)

LE Merida and Queen Elinor Doll Set - Disney Store Display - Pre-Order Release Day

Photos of the display of the Limited Edition Merida and Queen Elinor Doll Set at my local Disney Store on Tuesday, September 25, 2012. Sorry about the flash glare, as the store lighting made it difficult to take decent photos with my camera. The doll set was for display only, as it was being pre-ordered, starting that day. They had it in a cramped space in their ever shrinking Brave merchandise section, so obviously they weren't really showcasing this new release. The CMs didn't even mention this release to me, until I specifically asked them about it on Monday, and I have been a regular buyer of LE dolls at this store for almost a year.

The price of $200 for two dolls in one box is rather expensive. It wasn't an instant sell out despite being LE 2500. It is also still available online. The dolls and their outfits are nice looking, but not of the outstanding quality I would expect in a 17'' LE doll from Disney. I had already pre-ordered the set online that morning, so I did not pre-order in person at the store. I was there to see the display model.

LE Merida and Queen Elinor Doll Set - Disney Store Display - Pre-Order Release Day - 2012-09-25 - Full Front View with Promo Placard by drj1828, on Flickr

LE Merida and Queen Elinor Doll Set - Disney Store Display - Pre-Order Release Day - 2012-09-25 - Midrange Front View #1 by drj1828, on Flickr

LE Merida and Queen Elinor Doll Set - Disney Store Display - Pre-Order Release Day - 2012-09-25 - Full Front View #2 by drj1828, on Flickr

LE Merida and Queen Elinor Doll Set - Disney Store Display - Pre-Order Release Day - 2012-09-25 - Midrange Front View #2 by drj1828, on Flickr

LE Merida and Queen Elinor Doll Set - Disney Store Display - Pre-Order Release Day - 2012-09-25 - Portrait Front View #1 by drj1828, on Flickr

LE Merida and Queen Elinor Doll Set - Disney Store Display - Pre-Order Release Day - 2012-09-25 - Portrait Front View #2 by drj1828, on Flickr

LE Merida and Queen Elinor Doll Set - Disney Store Display - Pre-Order Release Day - 2012-09-25 - Full Rear View - Box Notes by drj1828, on Flickr

Thank you for all of the pictures! :)
I hope they sell out in decent time. I hope that everyone who wants them gets a chance to buy them though, too. It's truly a unique set, and something new, but I agree that their quality hardly warrants their price tag. Didn't stop me from pre-ordering mine (and then my mother also pre-ordered *facepalm*.

LE Merida and Queen Elinor shipped

I just got an email from the Disney Store that my LE Merida and Queen Elinor doll set has just shipped from the warehouse. Confirmed with the UPS website. ETA is next Tuesday, November 13, which is also the official release date for the set, and the Blu-ray/DVD of the movie Brave.

Oooh exciting! I won't get mine til the end of the month as it's going to my aunt and her mum isn't going to visit til the 28th. Really can't wait to get my hands on it, my other Merida looks rather lonely!

NOOOOOOO!!!!!! :'( :'( THEY CANNOT BE SOLD OUT, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE NO! :(
Please let this just be a big mistake... :(

Calm down! Lol. The US gets pre-orders because stock has to be shipped over there, Europe will get the remainder when they are released in November. The UK site was not sold out, they were obviously testing the webpage for when they do come into stock. I'll let you know when they are available ;)

A little bit of me hopes that there is a queen elinor surprise doll, my wallet however, really hopes there is not.

A little bit of me hopes that there is a queen elinor surprise doll, my wallet however, really hopes there is not.

Do we think there might be?? I would love that but I do agree my wallet will not! As much as I want this double set, I just can't with everything else I've spent on dolls lately!!

Do we think there might be?? I would love that but I do agree my wallet will not! As much as I want this double set, I just can't with everything else I've spent on dolls lately!!

I didn't think of it at all, until someone on a Facebook page posted that they hoped there wasn't. I think it's unlikely because this is the second Merida....but who knows :)

I highly doubt that there will be a surprise Elinor doll. The only outfit they could do is the purple one she wears at the end, with her hair down. They just released Tamora Calhoun from Wreck it Ralph, too, so I would be really shocked if they released another! Then again, with their track record this year, I would not be surprised! Haha. I kind of hope there isn't one, just because I CANNOT afford it if there is one. These LE dolls have put my wallet in the red for sure! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back