• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

new links or malware?

new links or malware?

jazzytrumpet

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I just signed onto the site right now (10:23pm) and am noticing changes... like links to ads through key words. For example: if I write "I went to Disneyland and saw pin trading", the "Disneyland" and "pin trading" will be highlighted/linked to ads or monster.com site words or something weird. Is that something new with this forum? or has something hacked the system? or is it something on my computer like malware that has just started?

Is anyone else getting something similar (or understand what I'm talking about)?

I'm not getting anything on that on any of the pages.... I should think that it's just on your computer? I'm not a techie-type at all (I'm quite the failure at coding), but I just figured my input should help. c:

Do you mean the AdChoices thing at the bottom of the last post of every thread? I've seen that for a long time no matter what computer I'm on.

I belong to some sites that have tried that on their site, but I am not seeing that on any of my posts here.

Do you mean the AdChoices thing at the bottom of the last post of every thread? I've seen that for a long time no matter what computer I'm on.

Nope, not the AdChoices but some sort of highlighting words program that created links and tried to get you to go another site to download "updates" to flash or google chrome, etc.

btw, I fixed the problem. It was my PC.

Back