• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

new pinpics is up and running

Status
Not open for further replies.
new pinpics is up and running
I never trusted the groups anyway, because some of them were clearly not being updated and some were, so you could never be sure the information was up to date.

I never used those, I made my own private PatF group that had all the PatF pins I still needed and I would add to it whenever a new PatF pin came out. I enjoyed having that group because it was easy to see what pins I still needed and the progress I was making on getting all the PatF pins.

In this case, I would search it like I search Google "The Love Bug" in quotes. Try that and see if it works for you. It's supposed to search for that whole string.

Of course, if someone didn't have that complete string in the description, it won't come up. Which is why I was hoping that the new site would allow tagging, but I'm not even sure where people should be putting comments like that. Not a pin review, not a scrapper note.

While it did narrow it down quite a bit with the quotation marks, the pin I was looking for was dead last on the new site. It was first on the old site without the math equation search +* " " ()

Thank you for the help, but I hope they can fix the problem, so we don't have to use a mathematical equation each time we want to do a search.

While it did narrow it down quite a bit with the quotation marks, the pin I was looking for was dead last on the new site. It was first on the old site without the math equation search +* " " ()

Thank you for the help, but I hope they can fix the problem, so we don't have to use a mathematical equation each time we want to do a search.

That's because the old site automatically defaulted to oldest pin first. The new site defaults to newest pins first. But there is a dropdown list option to change it to oldest, if that's what you need.

I'm not sure which default is better. Most of the time, I do need "newest pins first" but it is different to see them pop up that way, instead of automatically going to the last page to get the new pins. I do wish we had the option to change the default via an option in our user profile, that way people who did want it to default to oldest pin first could set it that way, and not have to change it every time they search.

Last edited:
Thanks Hope, again. :) I didn't know the old site defaulted to the oldest pin first. I figured, assumed, it went to the closest match to the words and down from there, weather it was old or new.

Either way, thank you again for more help. And I agree, I wish we could edit our profile to omit things like artist proofs (no offense to the AP people, I don't collect them, so I'd rather they not turn up in my search), ect. Another feature I liked on the old PinPics.

I've gotten a couple of requests from the new site, but now I'm "Anonymous". I was told to change my settings, but when I look at them, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to change. I want to be MrsTheKing again! I also went to search for a pin with the words, eeyore piglet heart, and got soooooo many pins pop up that I went to the old site and 19 pins showed up. Found the one I was looking for right away.

MrsKing, I think when you're in your settings you check the box that says something to the effect to display your real name. It doesn't, it shows your PP ID. Let me know if that helps. I had the same problem and actually figured that one out myself. Everything else, not so much..lol

Sorry I'm jumping in to this discussion so late. I've had a crazy week, and this is the first time I've been able to 'play' with the new site.

I must be looking past it, but I don't see anywhere the link to view my trades and wants. When I click on My Pins, I just see my collection. Help?

ok my brain is still fried after ROE---lost my voice and everything....FML this seems hard...ok ok I HATE CHANGE with a passion---maybe i'll have the energy to look into the new pinpics tomorrow...i somehow think im on the old venue is that possible LOL
Dawn, your not alone. Jim and I both came back sick as can be. Called doctor yesterday and we both have acute sinus infections. Both on the same antibiotics.
I have been able to add pins to my collection and traders, but so fried that I haven't done much else.

Sorry I'm jumping in to this discussion so late. I've had a crazy week, and this is the first time I've been able to 'play' with the new site.

I must be looking past it, but I don't see anywhere the link to view my trades and wants. When I click on My Pins, I just see my collection. Help?

Above the pics of your collection there are 3 tabs labelled "Collection", "Want", and "Trade" ...just click on the one you want!

Can anyone walk me through how to look at someone else's pins? I can get to the gallery, but where do I put in the PP ID of the person who's pins I want to see? I'm sure if I keep playing with it I can figure it out but maybe someone here already has????? THANKS.

On the front page, there is an empty field. Type the Pinpics name in the box. Right next to that is a dropdown list that defaults to the word Gallery, click on it, and select Members.

It will show you all the Members with a similar name, click the one you want. Then it will show you their collection. There are tabs on the top to show Trades and Wants.

In the left column, is a button to "Compare Pins." Click on that and then you will get the option to view matches via tabs on the top.

Last edited:
Thank you so much Hopemax, I would have never figured that out in my lifetime. I'm not the most computer literate person out there but I do not mind asking. Thank you again, you made my day just so much brighter.

I don't know if anyone else had been getting this problem but after sending trade requests, I'll get am email saying I have a message on the pinpics site, so I log in to the site and no messages will be shown. I've gotten three of those emails so far and only one of them showed on the site.

I've had 2 emails recently saying that I have trade requests but when I have gone on pinpics, there are no requests there. I'm new to pinpics and pin trading so I don't know how the website normally works. Should I be able to see these requests or has the other member deleted them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back