• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

New Pins Coming On-line!....MYSTERY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh. That is a terrible design. I was hoping for unique scenes, intricate designs, something really tuned in to the characters. Not just plain square frames of character faces. So boring and uninspired. And the OE pins in the other two slots haven't been much either. If they were at least Blue level or higher, maybe there would be more value in the box, but OE Green and Silver/Red....Well, I gave them three chances. Guess I'm done with Park Pack! This had such potential!! :cry:

Those look like the type of pins that would be in the Park Pack, but the info on pinpics is very incomplete. They are not listed as limited edition, the release date is 2000, and the words "July" or park pack do not appear in the title. If they are the pins from the box, I hope someone fixes the descriptions. Also, who got them so soon? I thought they were back ordered until later in July.

Good catch! I read the PinPics info but muh mind thought the 2000 was the LE size. I did not notice that was listed as the year of release.
Edited to add: and of course each variation would only be a LE size of 500.

I don't know why DS shows them as "backordered" because it's always been more of a "pre-order" set up. I've purchased all three Packs and every month, from the moment they are available online, the item is "backordered." However, they know the Pin design, obviously they've been run in each variation, the two companion pins are OE, I can't imagine what they are waiting for in order to list it as "backorder" so I've just thought of it as a pre-order with delivery in 2-3 weeks.

Last edited:
That ariel pin looks terrible! Cheap comes to mind These le pins that come in the box are a bit bland and not much thought has gone into them even our UK pins look a lot better than what these are I still think they would do so much better with just releasing a le pin on its own and they wouldmake better traders than these

Hi guys!

I added those Ariel pins. I didnt get them from the Park Pack. Those are really old pins, probably from 2000-2002. Im not sure why they change the description on Pinpics... The design is kinda similar to Pin 103434 12 Month of Magic - Ariel.

My best friend traded the blue version of the pin (pin 71364) about 5 years ago at some PTN event in WDW... Again, not sure why PP says they are part of the pack.

That's all :)
[h=3][/h]

^ Sirenita! You're still around? :) Makes me happy to see another longtime completist still collecting!

Hi guys!

I added those Ariel pins. I didnt get them from the Park Pack. Those are really old pins, probably from 2000-2002. Im not sure why they change the description on Pinpics... The design is kinda similar to Pin 103434 12 Month of Magic - Ariel.

My best friend traded the blue version of the pin (pin 71364) about 5 years ago at some PTN event in WDW... Again, not sure why PP says they are part of the pack.

That's all :)

Because the people on FB lost their minds over them. Since they saw 2 similar pins they instantly jumped to "OMG IT'S THE PINS FROM THE PARK PACKS!"

How funny! I was thinking it would be really weird if that was the Park Pack LE. I think it will be another square pin from a movie with the title just like the Frozen and AIW. Hoping for BatB!

The pin description has changed again. It now says that the Ariel pin is from Disney Store release in 2000.
I'm so confused! Lol

That's when Sirenita said they originally came out. They were just recently added to PinPics.

Also got an email today saying mine was shipped out. Just have to wait and see now.

Yeaaa, still swimming... no reason to quit this crazy hobby, right? right!? lol
Well, it made me smile to see a name from the good old days who was always one of the top-level completists in their theme! :) Glad you're still in it... to "fin" it! :lol:

Has anyone gotten the pack yet? Tracking shows mine is in MD, and making it's way to me via USPS

The tracking info on mine shows scheduled delivery on Thursday.

I thought PinPics was the official Disney Pin site. Is it more like the Wikipedia of Pins? Anyone can add to it and change the information on a pin?

The tracking info on mine shows scheduled delivery on Thursday.

I thought PinPics was the official Disney Pin site. Is it more like the Wikipedia of Pins? Anyone can add to it and change the information on a pin?
Kind of . Anyone can add but they're reviewed first before being added , I guess to try and avoid duplicates . I'd guess someone at PinPics saw the Ariel frames and assumed they were the new park packs (not unreasonable IMO as they appear to resemble the last two months releases)
As far as I know only their mods can alter pin info .

Last edited:
Mine is out for delivery today. Depending on my mail guy's mood it'll either be in my mailbox when I get home or I'll have to go to the post office tomorrow to pick it up.

Well, I guess I can answer my own question... Consider me underwhelmed -

attachment.php

PinPics is not run by or owned by Disney. It's privately owned and used to be highly crowdsourced like a wiki but now less people contribute to it and it's more controlled just by the people who own it. They also claim ownership of anything you add to the database, such as your writing or your photos (though this was not the claim by the original owners when more people contributed to the site).

Kind of . Anyone can add but they're reviewed first before being added , I guess to try and avoid duplicates . I'd guess someone at PinPics saw the Ariel frames and assumed they were the new park packs (not unreasonable IMO as they appear to resemble the last two months releases)
As far as I know only their mods can alter pin info .

Thank you for the info. I agree that the pins look similar! I was convinced the Ariel pin was the July PP LE when I saw the pink and red frames, then the purple frame showed up as well which just seemed to confirm it. I'm hoping someone will post a picture of the PP soon!***

***Guess I should refresh my screen before posting! LOL Thanks for the picture!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back