• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

New Pins Coming On-line!....MYSTERY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Pins Coming On-line!....MYSTERY!
Despite what the top 10% of traders want, if the goal of the pin pack is to increase the market of pin traders, having something sell out in less than 24 hours (what the other park packs did) doesn't accomplish that goal. Unfortunately, the wishes of the 10% (uber popular stuff with a super low edition size, that can be sold or traded for the best pins of the past) do not grow the number of pin buyers because that makes in unattainable for the other 90%. You know there are pin people out there that don't do trading online, don't even know about Pinpics or here, but like buying pins on vacation and wish there was something to buy when they got home...that's the market for these.

This. This is what annoys me so much with the comments about these on FB and all. THEY ARE NOT MADE FOR THE HARD CORE COLLECTORS. And I don't think the hard core collections can comprehend that. They were introduced for more low key traders, kids, and the like. I believe it's their first attempt answer to the fake ebay lots. Unfortunately people are still going to buy the fake ebay lots because they are so much cheaper. They should introduce a new hidden mickey-like series. Small, cheap pins that they can sell a small bag of 15 or so for a much lower price than what these current boxes are going for. It would be a much better way to combat the fake lots.

I passed this time because I'm going to be spending some money on things from the event coming up.

I was on the fence but then I was awake anyway booking Minnie's Holiday Dine for my clients. :) I'm afraid that the one time I don't buy it it will be something REALLY good.

I feel like such a sucker, but I purchased one too for this very reason! I kinda feel like this month may be Holiday themed. They sent out Halloween in June, 4 months before the holiday, so a winter/Christmas pin in August would be a similar timeline. I also noted the increased edition size and the longer delivery time. It said they expect to ship on 8/27 which is about a week later than previous months. idk.....I'm still hopeful that this could be something good.

This set looks like it is going to be a dud. Still available online after 4 days! I think Disney blew it when they increased the LE to 750 of each design...........

Remember, Disney has stated that the premise of these mystery Park Packs is to get Disney pins out to established and NEW Pin Collectors (not Veteran Traders) to promote the Pin Collecting Hobby. Selling out in the first 12/24 hours does not accomplish that.

Interesting idea, but too much of a gamble for something i might not even want and too much money as well, maybe i'll buy one for my birthday as a fun mystery gift. but that'd probably be it.

It took a long time to sell out but that doesn't mean it won't be good. I think it just means that the resellers have officially given up. Last month's box wasn't appealing to a lot of collectors or resellers, even though I liked it, but who knows what this box will be....

well, except for the first box, which was Frozen, we haven't had any Princesses really. Given they are such a big part of Disney, and we already got a mickey pin, I am hoping it's time for a princess. Although I know Frozen is a princess, given it's recent popularity, I don't really count it as I saw that as more of an attempt to appeal to more recent demand.

Mine showed up today, even though I bought it late and was back ordered. As a Stitch collector, I am happy it fits my collections! I don't collect Herc or Remy though, so if any wants to trade for the OEs, let me know. I have plenty of non LE pins I am looking for.
IMG_1476_zps0onep0s6.jpg

thank you for posting this pic. i was just going to post asking if anyone knew what the latest pack had in it. looks like the ice cream cone is free d?

yes cone has a 3d element. Saw another one online where he had red glass and different color ice cream so I am guessing glasses and ice cream are the variations.

yes cone has a 3d element. Saw another one online where he had red glass and different color ice cream so I am guessing glasses and ice cream are the variations.

OK, to me, that is just not creative, kind of like the 1st one with the Frozen and it's border. If you are going to change elements to make it collectible, do like what the Cheshire Cat pins did.

Yeah. I'm a hard-core L&S collector and I don't think I want these... Epic fail. This scene of Stitch eating an ice cream cone is so overly used that I already have a dozen pins with this artwork. The addition of the FreeD makes it even harder to like...

Yeah. I'm a hard-core L&S collector and I don't think I want these... Epic fail. This scene of Stitch eating an ice cream cone is so overly used that I already have a dozen pins with this artwork. The addition of the FreeD makes it even harder to like...
i would have to agree. free d just does not appeal to me at all. i just haven't really liked any of these park packs. who knows tho, the next one may be the one.

No one likes Free D! They should stop making them!
lol i thought maybe it was just me. didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings in case there are some free d fans out there. i always feel like the free d will deteriorate over time plus i just don't like it! : )

lol i thought maybe it was just me. didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings in case there are some free d fans out there. i always feel like the free d will deteriorate over time plus i just don't like it! : )

Yes! It is also ugly and cheap looking. lol

I kind of like the Hercules pin but I think I've seen that design before, maybe on a shirt? The Remy is cute and Stitch is a fan favorite so it makes sense he'd be in there but it just isn't interesting enough to be an LE, let alone Park Pack exclusive. It's boring.

Even though I've decided these park packs aren't for me, I still look forward to seeing what's inside them.

I keep buying them, because it's nice to get pin mail. I do hope the OE pins will be more interesting to me this month than last. I'm curious if this month will be a Star Wars pin, tomorrow being Force Friday and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back