• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

New Pins Coming On-line!....MYSTERY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Pins Coming On-line!....MYSTERY!
Darn, I missed the first one! I was really looking forward to this, but I forgot all about it!

So there is only a limited supply? I am a bit confused by the replies on here; are you saying that everyone can buy them on the first Thursday at midnight, and if you don't get one of the "available" ones, you will be put on back-order for the same thing (I imagine a different mystery LE)? When did they officially become "sold out" and no longer able to be back-ordered?

Guess I am wondering if this will wind up being just another race where you have to refresh and stay up late for it, or if you can get an order in no matter what, as long as it's ordered on that particular day, by a particular cut-off time?

Would prefer the latter method, as then nobody would have to worry about it.

Not exactly. Someone in the thread misunderstood.

What we THINK happened was the pins for May got delayed even getting to Disney (or someone made a mistake and announced the May release, when it was really suppose to start in June). So when they went live (because the day got announced, and they had to go forward), everything was immediately "back-ordered", which pretty much meant "we don't have the pins on hand, we'll ship them in June when we get them".

I think someone in the thread thought that meant, "May set is sold out, order June's now" when they were just still ordering May's back-ordered set. They sold out...I think halfway through the first day? Not immediately, like a LE 100 set, but that same day. Due to the back-order and shipping delay, no one has their set yet. Some people didn't see the note re: the back-order (it was small print), so there's been a lot of confusion (over not seeing the note, and the differences between "sold out" and "back-ordered").

June's set is, to the best of our knowledge, still on schedule for the first Thursday with no issues.

Now the question is, "Do you go for round 2 when you don't know what round 1 looks like?" lol

Now the question is, "Do you go for round 2 when you don't know what round 1 looks like?" lol

Yeah, no joke! Ugh. I'll probably be up at that time anyway, and lord knows I can't pass on something shiny and new until I *know* it's no good...

Somebody got one! There's a pic on FB in the YMBADA group.... I'm honestly a little underwhelmed. Hoping I get different OEs.

Im also underwhelmed. I expected the first pack to be awesome to help sell future packs. I don't think its worth $40.

As I tried to warn early on but was disagreed with, if you're looking for good traders, there are better ways to spend $40 than this. It was clear what was going to turn up in these packs.

11257740_10206918757597531_7388172104139152143_n.jpg

Now there are two questions with that picture that I have

1) Can anyone confirm/deny that the two OE pins HAVE NOT been released yet in the parks (I believe that is part of the draw to this, 2 OEs not released yet)

2) Did this person buy 1 or 2 of them? I ask as there are 2000 made, but the LE is an LE500, so we do not know what the other three LE500s (4x500=2000) look like yet, do we?

2) Did this person buy 1 or 2 of them? I ask as there are 2000 made, but the LE is an LE500, so we do not know what the other three LE500s (4x500=2000) look like yet, do we?

A few other people have posted, and it looks like it's the same Frozen design but with different colored borders. So 500 have a white glitter border, 500 have a blue glitter border, etc.

Dopey is so adorable! Definitely plan on getting him in the future. The Frozen pin is cute, but I'm not so disappointed that this wasn't available to Canada anymore.

This is what I expected from the pictures I have seen. I will have a Frozen trader, a Dopey keeper, and another trader for 4th of July or a cast lanyard. As someone who goes to DL every once in a great while I appreciate that I could buy these at cost. I have plenty of traders and this just adds to the trading bin. I have approximately 200 traders. Some are worth $5 and others $200 (or more). Personally I do not see many pins that I would like to buy outright, but I do see pins that I am willing to trade. With a mystery involved I feel it is a little more fun. I am also happy knowing that these are not scrappers.

I was one of the "warners" early on, and I think I'm the only one who is happy, lol. Glad the rumor about Frozen turned out to be true and I collect Patriotic pins because the 4th of July is my anniversary do I'm very happy to get the aminnie how. Dopey isn't part of my collection so he will go in the trader list but if he's cute enough that if he doesn't trade I don't mind keeping him.

I'll probably go ahead and order the 2nd box if I'm awake at the right time but we'll have to see if there are any good rumors about the LE for that one.

This is more or less what I expected. I definitely still wish each box had a unifying theme. I'd be more keen to try it again and again with themes. If these were all Frozen themed it would just look more impressive.

These pins are a bit of a let down even in the UK we get better pins and better value then just throwing generic pin just changing colour of them! I bet people will put them supper high as in trade value but I don't think there make that good of a trader as for the bow pin I have seen it out already at dlp when I went there at the start of May

Yeah, as everyone has said, the Minnie bow was out in Paris already, but with a different backing card.

Do we know that the OEs are the same from box to box, or is there a potluck of ones that you might get?

Got mine- same OEs but my glitter border is a bright blue on the frozen pin

curious to see if I get recharged since as of today they haven't retaken their money back...

...as for the bow pin I have seen it out already at dlp when I went there at the start of May

That actually makes me quite annoyed. They advertised the OE pins as 'not yet released in parks' and if that's not true, that's extremely misleading advertising. That would be legitimate grounds for a refund, imo, no matter what they say about not returning LE items.

That actually makes me quite annoyed. They advertised the OE pins as 'not yet released in parks' and if that's not true, that's extremely misleading advertising. That would be legitimate grounds for a refund, imo, no matter what they say about not returning LE items.

I actually just posed that question on the Parks Blog post. I am curious if they allow the post and if they answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back