• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

New Pins Coming On-line!....MYSTERY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Pins Coming On-line!....MYSTERY!
Yea I got mine today. Waited for my wife to come home from work to open it. We have the Same OE and the frozen LE is the blue border one. We are happy with the pins. My wife really loves the frozen one.

Well, they actually posted my question to the blog post, so let's see if someone takes the time to answer it. Unlikely, I know, but you never know

I'm certainly curious to see what they say. I'm even more disheartened about the Park Packs now that I know that the OE pins may be out in other markets. Their marketing really suggested otherwise.

I got mine today....okay, nothing spectacular but okay. I still like the idea of having this pack for people like me who only go to a Disney park once every couple of years. It is a way I can get a set of pins every month without having to pay the mark-ups.

Got my pack as well. I'm pleased enough. I like and collect for Frozen, so I'm glad to have that pin. I'd rather the whole set have coordinated a little better, but I do like the flag bow. Not too sure about the dwarf yet, as I don't collect for Snow White or the Dwarves, but I do think he's cute. It'll depend on what kind of trade options there are for him.

Mine came yesterday. I think they are all nice pins. I wish they had come up with a less generic design for the Frozen pin but it's still really pretty. I got the one with the bright blue frame. What were the 4 variants? I have only seen one other and I can't find them on pinpics yet.

I got my order today. I ordered 2 of them as I wanted to see if they would be smart, and give 2 different Park Packs, i.e. two of the 4 variants of the LE pin, and surprise, surprise, they gave me the same one in both packs, LOL (purple border one). I may call them tomorrow and point that out, if someone orders 2 of them, they might want 2 different ones.

I got my order today. I ordered 2 of them as I wanted to see if they would be smart, and give 2 different Park Packs, i.e. two of the 4 variants of the LE pin, and surprise, surprise, they gave me the same one in both packs, LOL (purple border one). I may call them tomorrow and point that out, if someone orders 2 of them, they might want 2 different ones.

Do they even know which pin is in the box?

Just got off the phone with Disney. The pack will be random if you order 2, so yes, you could wind up getting 2 packs exactly the same. They do not have any idea what is in which pack

They also said, after a lot of digging and being put on hold, that yes, it is possible that the open edition pins in these packs might have been released already internationally. They seemed surprised at first that I knew that the bow flag pin had been a DLP release in 2014, but they got someone on the line who knew about these and pins in general. Basically, since these are for US residents only, their:

as well as two open edition pins guests will receive before they are available in locations at Disney Parks.

applies to US Parks only.

I can't decide if I'm going to give the pack one more try or not. Anyone have a hint about the LE pin in the second one. Kind of wish they would post a general theme to at least help with deciding.

Mine came yesterday. I think they are all nice pins. I wish they had come up with a less generic design for the Frozen pin but it's still really pretty. I got the one with the bright blue frame. What were the 4 variants? I have only seen one other and I can't find them on pinpics yet.

From what I've seen, it seems there is one with a bright blue frame and gold background, a dark blue frame and light blue background, a lighter pink/purple frame and pinkish background, and a dark purple frame and light gold background.

I'm waiting to receive my park pack in the mail. I was happy when I saw a picture of the patriotic Minnie Mouse bow because my anniversary is the 4th of July too.

Just got off the phone with Disney. The pack will be random if you order 2, so yes, you could wind up getting 2 packs exactly the same. They do not have any idea what is in which pack

They also said, after a lot of digging and being put on hold, that yes, it is possible that the open edition pins in these packs might have been released already internationally. They seemed surprised at first that I knew that the bow flag pin had been a DLP release in 2014, but they got someone on the line who knew about these and pins in general. Basically, since these are for US residents only, their:

applies to US Parks only.

Wow that's a really disappointing answer. I think I'll be passing from now on. I had really assumed they'd be all new pins.

If people are happy with these, I'm happy for them, but I have to say I think this is lame and pretty insulting to pin collectors. They want $40 for one LE pin and two fairly worthless pins and then the LE pin has 4 variations, so a completest would have to track down all four and the pin isn't really that unique if there are that many of them to begin with. How much $ or trading would someone have to spend/do to get all 4 pins? They are basically the same, just slight color variations. On top of that, the design is made up of over-used artwork instead of something completely new and original. This is crazy lame. JMO of course! :)

Anyone else refreshing disneystore.com/parkpack in anticipation of the June box tonight, or just me?

EDIT: ^ beat me to it! Got one. Thanks for the link!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back