New Policy at Grand CA Hotel, Anaheim

Discussion in 'Disney Chat' started by pincrazy, Sep 7, 2018.

1. CanaDaLE

CanaDaLE Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0

Ohh that's too bad, hopefully things will get settled before we're back at the end of the month.

2. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0

Just an observation, but if there were more opportunities to gain the pins, perhaps it would not be a mob scene. For example, If all 3 hotels had trading at the same time... It would allow more opportunities to gain pins and spread out the mob. Yes, sounds like bad behavior by pintraders, but perhaps the solution could happen on both sides... Disney created the pent up demand... So perhaps they should be a bit more creative in their solutions.

3. pincrazy

pincrazy Active Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

I hope so too...I'll keep you updated:)

4. pincrazy

pincrazy Active Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

If only, but it happened to be a CM at Grand CA that wanted to bring it back, and was not a coordinated effort from the resort end/heads. So he took it upon himself to do all the extra work/coordination to bring pin trading back to the hotel. He even recruited all the extra departments to help and be involved, that's why there's so many CMs, at least 2-7.
    If from the resort end, they saw this as a positive, they might reinstall the program, but since the 60tj anniversary, they haven't felt it a priority, I guess. We're lucky that 1 CM has been able to get it back, it's still only been months. Hopefully it can last long enough to show the top executives the positive :stitch:

5. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    115   0   0

I guess I’m a total hotel noob but what are the other two hotels? I only know of Grand CA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0

Disneyland hotel and paradise pier.

7. pincrazy

pincrazy Active Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Too Funny :p
    The resort has 3 hotel complexes, the first was Disneyland Hotel back in the 50s, where the DSF event will be, 2nd is Paradise Pier, which was originally called Emerald and owned by another party. Then the Grand CA as the newest and updated. Even with renovation the other 2 are fairly old. Also Grand CA extension in 2010 brought in DVC. The hotels have different price points, with Grand being the highest, till the new hotel which is now just in old news.

Well, hope this helps:p

8. Connies_Hobby

Connies_Hobby SPREADING the DISNEY PIN MAGIC!!

Rating - 100%
    100   0   0

I remember during the 60th Anniversary, from (if I am remembering the time frame correctly) from 4:45 - 5:45 p.m. each hotel would bring out a Pin Board with traders; along with anywhere from 1- 4 CM leads; or managers with lanyards.

I would try and wait until they got set up (especially at the GC) and set an example. :p:p LOL - didn't work too well.

Hopefully, and @pincrazy you're a one to approach the mgr and suggest this...when the Board/CM's come out, that at least ONE of them, directs the guests to wait in an orderly line.

I mean, people could get trampled and seriously hurt...all over a 'shiny-piece-of-metal' :eek::rolleyes:o_O

Okay, I am stepping down off my soap-box now. ;);)

9. pincrazy

pincrazy Active Member

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0

Hi Connie, thanks for your suggestion. I tried to approach the CM first, since he seems to oversee this and found out that he's responsible for pretty much the whole thing by Himself.
    I had suggested a rope to direct the traffic of people so it would be 1 at a time, or security to have people wait in a line. He doesn't have the resource/authority to ask others to help set up/return/clean up the trading area. Also he's doing this for the traders, to make magic, he's not a pin trader/collector so he wasn't aware of what the new pins would bring. When it was the older HMs he didn't run into this, and even though I mentioned it could get nuts, until you experience it, it's hard to imagine. In the beginning he was happy to see so many traders, but lately I think he's feeling the drain of having to choose/limit.
    The worst that could happen is complaints, so if anything, it would be to say how great it is for the Grand to offer trading time,. He coordinated with distribution to even get the new pins to put on the boards/lanyards, so he's put a lot of effort into this, so just trying to support at this point.
    Basically, all the hotels still offer trading boards/locations throughout the day, as part of pin trading, but they tend to have the scrappers we see on CM lanyards.

Just wanted to give a heads up to the availability, so people wouldn't be disappointed.;)

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018