• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

New to pin trading! And a bit confused! Please help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
New to pin trading! And a bit confused! Please help!!!!

joy@disney

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We just returned from a family trip to Disneyworld for two weeks which was amazing! I kept saying I wish you could pin trade every day in the real world with everyone you meet! But now that we are back home in Washington state we are no where near the parks and even though we are planning a trip to Disneyland next year what is one to do in the meantime!? My husband and traded a Bunch but have over 150 pins once we got back and about 20 traders (and a few I think may be scrappers) but anyways now what do we do? There is this whole world out there and we are confused how to keep trading from home? We tried on pinpics a few times but heard nothing back from anyone. Where else can we trade? Where do we find good traders? Where should we look to buy new pins if we aren't near the parks to pop in when a new pin is out. Help! We fell in LOVE with pins but now don't really know where to go from here once we are home. Thanks for all and any help!Jenn and Matt

Hi jenn and matt
first off welcome to dpf ,and I know what you mean ,I am not on pinpics anymore ,but I still try to trade
I am in Indy so it's hard for me too as well,what do you collect in the family ,character wise??i like like to mystery
trades with new members to boost their trust in trading online ,again welcome

Welcome to the forum!
Trading with pinpics can be difficult. Many new users to pinpics may offer lopsided trades.

An example would be offering a Hidden Mickey for a Limited Edition 50 pin. Many traders will not respond to a trade request they feel is unfair. Or perhaps it could belong to a member that is no longer involved with pin trading.

keep trying and be patient.

Instagram has a fast-moving trading community. I haven't tried it myself, but if you use the app, try the #disneypintrading and related hashtags.

I've traded on pinpics and on this forum for the first time recently and had success. With pinpics, it is very hit and miss on if you'll hear back from members. I tried to offer fair trades and still heard nothing back, and had to assume the person just truly wasn't up for a trade. That said, definitely try to research the "worth" of each pin in question. I stuck with trying to trade set-for-set on pinpics (ie. I had a Festival of Fantasy pin to trade and wanted to receive a different Festival of Fantasy pin in the same series for it).

Good luck!

Last edited:
Thank you so much everyone! That is so helpful! So how do I aquire items to trade? Do I just purchase them off of the disneypins.com site? Why would anyone want those as they could just do the same? Still kindof lost! Sorry! I totally get it about an equal trade, we had to explain that to my son at the parks when we had a chance to see some traders books. He was lost as to why they weren't like all the other cast members! So how do I trade on here?
What we are collecting ... anything from UP* Minnie and Mickey together* Peterpan*Beauty and the Beast*Cinderella and my son is a STICH freak. :sad:

Welcome to the forum!
You can check out the trading forum, people will list what they have or are looking for.

You can also just post a general "want to trade" there & list your pinpics id so people can look at matches, or post pictures of what you have to trade. There are sales threads to...

You can ad avatar pics from your profile page - and there are a few members on the forum who are very nice and make signatures with wanted pins for other people

It's easy to trade ,you have to be here for more than ten days and over 30 posts ,like I mentioned before
I do mystery trades ,if you want too.just pm me if you do

judy

First of all welcome! I am a military wife and move around all the time so trading can be very difficult but I use Facebook pin groups the most I especially like the Disney Soda Fountain page because I can keep up with the current pin trader delights. I don't personally use pin pics because I have gotten scammed on there and 90% of the time no one responds which is frustrating. Let me know if I can be of any more help =)

Thank you Seanbean! I am REALLY good at figuring out the buying part to my checkbooks dismay! But haven't figured out how to trade yet, but I will!

Let me take a try and explain why pinpics is a problem. A lot of the people who traded on there often (like myself) are not using the new pinpics and the old pinpics you can no longer trade with. So with facebook and instagram getting into the trading game and pinpics trying their best to kill their product pin trading has pretty much come to a stand still. Pinpics is currently the best place to find pins, but there is a new database run by ryanfurry that is from here:
http://www.pintradingdb.com/

Hopefully as he gets his database up and running we will have a new alternative to pinpics and pins can be traded again.

Please be sure to do your homework and don't trade anything that you think might be a fake/scrapper. Most of the bad pins are actually fakes even though the common term is scrapper. Take some time and educate yourself. There are all kinds of threads here to help you with that.

If you have questions ask. Most of the time people are very happy to help you out.

Welcome my neighbor to the east. :wavey:

Hi and welcome! I too have had trouble trying to trade on Pinpics. I only get a response about 25% of the time. I have traded a few times through Facebook groups but I have been burned twice (I send a pin and get nothing in return - upsetting). I have had much better luck here. Go to the Forum page and check out trading, buying/selling and auctions. I have never been burned here.

Hope to "see" you around!
Christine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back