• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

New to pin trading

Status
Not open for further replies.
New to pin trading

MichaelEssexUK

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I am super new to pin trading and am learning lots everyday but sometimes I get confused what is a desirable pin or not. You guys have been super lovely on here so I wondered if you can help me with this one. Is it a good pin to have/trade
9980157d67afb36d4e1c95ff24279fa5.jpg

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

I think it's a pretty cool pin! The want-trade ratios on PinPics is usually a good indicator (although not necessarily). I'd suggest checking that, too!

Ive never traded before... apart from with cast members in orlando on my holiday. I might take it to paris with me in june and see if anyone wants it lol is a jumbo pin a bad thing? (Thanks for checking that for me - I appreciate that loads)

:wavey:What I've learned over the years is, it's popularity depends on you. If you like it is what counts most, it's hard to determine the popularity of a pin because it's never consistent. It can be high demand 1 day, or until the new, latest, greatest is released, and bottom out in a month, and then become popular again in 3 yrs for no reason. I think that's why traders come and go, there's the veterans, newbies, sharks/flippers, and the casual collectors......but in the long run it's a wonderful and costly hobby. I've learned most people don't like the Fab 5, any writting on a pin, Free-D (rubber piece added on pin as decoration), scrappers/fake, and some don't collect fantasy. I've got a mash up of pins trying to guess what people would want to trade for, and it's frustrating, mostly because when a person had a pin I wanted to trade for they didn't want any of mine. Perseverance and 3+ years later, I've gotten pins I don't mind keeping if no one will trade for it, and low LE pins at cost, hopefully now I finally have traders.
I mostly enjoy seeing different collections, and hearing /watching the intetaction between people. Pin trading is very social and exciting when people are able to walk away with a pin they like or wanted. Hope this helped, best info was from docfish, collect/trade to have Fun! Enjoy the hobby

:wavey:What I've learned over the years is, it's popularity depends on you. If you like it is what counts most, it's hard to determine the popularity of a pin because it's never consistent. It can be high demand 1 day, or until the new, latest, greatest is released, and bottom out in a month, and then become popular again in 3 yrs for no reason. I think that's why traders come and go, there's the veterans, newbies, sharks/flippers, and the casual collectors......but in the long run it's a wonderful and costly hobby. I've learned most people don't like the Fab 5, any writting on a pin, Free-D (rubber piece added on pin as decoration), scrappers/fake, and some don't collect fantasy. I've got a mash up of pins trying to guess what people would want to trade for, and it's frustrating, mostly because when a person had a pin I wanted to trade for they didn't want any of mine. Perseverance and 3+ years later, I've gotten pins I don't mind keeping if no one will trade for it, and low LE pins at cost, hopefully now I finally have traders.
I mostly enjoy seeing different collections, and hearing /watching the intetaction between people. Pin trading is very social and exciting when people are able to walk away with a pin they like or wanted. Hope this helped, best info was from docfish, collect/trade to have Fun! Enjoy the hobby
That was a lovely post. Thank you so much for all of that and I take it all in 100%. I actually did start buying things I thought people would want to trade with me! I have a lot of.cheshire cats on the way lol

Did someone say Cheshire Cat pins??!!! Haha....I happen to be a big fan. Welcome to DPF! What do you collect?

Hi Michael and welcome to the madness that is pin trading, I'm also in the U.K. West Sussex actually. Are you on Facebook yet ??? It's just there are a few good U.K. Groups and there is a pin trading meet soon at the end of June . It's not too far from you also ,it's in Fareham near Portsmouth. If you could come there are many traders who would be happy to chat about our obsession. Some also sell pins at the event xx

Like others mentioned on here, pinpics trades/wants values are something to take in consideration but I don't fully go by that to determine a pins value. (some people keep them on their wants list even after they get the pin which drives the wants up even if they don't need it anymore)
I also see what they have sold for on ebay (what they have actually have sold for, not for what people are asking for them)
Also certain characters are more desirable then others it seems (princesses: Ariel, frozen, bell .... ect)
Also, what is the pin worth to you? What did you have to do to get it?

Those are all things that I take in consideration. (Yes, jumbo pins seem to be more valuable but not all of them.)
I hope this helped a little bit and I didn't confuse you more and remember, this is just how I do it and others may do it differently so get opinions from others to and then figure out how you really want to do it using others inputs.

Did someone say Cheshire Cat pins??!!! Haha....I happen to be a big fan. Welcome to DPF! What do you collect?
Sorry for delay. I didnt get a notification. I collect punzie and villans. I love dumbo and nbc too lol I have a nice cheshire.cat pin from what I can tell lol

Hi Michael and welcome to the madness that is pin trading, I'm also in the U.K. West Sussex actually. Are you on Facebook yet ??? It's just there are a few good U.K. Groups and there is a pin trading meet soon at the end of June . It's not too far from you also ,it's in Fareham near Portsmouth. If you could come there are many traders who would be happy to chat about our obsession. Some also sell pins at the event xx
I would love to come but depending on.the date I am in amsterdam. :) I would love to attend though, what date is it?

Like others mentioned on here, pinpics trades/wants values are something to take in consideration but I don't fully go by that to determine a pins value. (some people keep them on their wants list even after they get the pin which drives the wants up even if they don't need it anymore)
I also see what they have sold for on ebay (what they have actually have sold for, not for what people are asking for them)
Also certain characters are more desirable then others it seems (princesses: Ariel, frozen, bell .... ect)
Also, what is the pin worth to you? What did you have to do to get it?

Those are all things that I take in consideration. (Yes, jumbo pins seem to be more valuable but not all of them.)
I hope this helped a little bit and I didn't confuse you more and remember, this is just how I do it and others may do it differently so get opinions from others to and then figure out how you really want to do it using others inputs.
Hiya. Any advice is good advice to me. Ive been tackling pin pics thanks to a lovely couple on here who I bought from. Her collection of.NBC is incredible!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back