• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

New to this, but ready and willing to learn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
New to this, but ready and willing to learn!

CupcakeKaiju

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have recently discovered pin trading and am very excited about it!! I bought a lot of pins off of eBay, I worry that maybe I shouldn't have. They all seem to be real, from what I can tell. I just don't like someone asking me where I got it and being scared off from a trade because of it. I haven't been to WDW since I was a kid, and my family & I will be making our first trip in Oct. I am looking forward to trading in person in WDW. Not to mention seeing all the pins! I am open to advice, and am always on the look out for something different!

Hi! I purchased a lot of 25 pins off eBay when I first started trading and sadly they are mostly always all fakes but I look forward to reading with you in the future

Hello
Welcome to DPF :tigger:
You'll have an amazing time at WDW , I went for the first time this March .
In the future if you're looking for trading pins you're 100% confident in trading try checking the sales forums here , often people are selling for $3-5 each . It may not be as cheap as the eBay listings but at least you'll be more confident in your trading :)
Do you have a favourite character or theme you'd like to collect ?

Welcome to the forum!

If you have scrapers that you like I wouldn't just toss them. They work great as thumb tacks on cork boards or turning them into necklaces with a little extra work. :)

Welcome to the forum!

I hope the pins you bought weren't scrappers! Unfortunately, most of the "lots" posted on eBay are. (I learned that the hard way myself, a couple of years back!) If you post pictures of your pins we can help show you how to tell whether or not they are.

Whether they are or aren't, I'm glad you made it to the forum and I hope you like it here! There are a lot of nice, honest people here to help you start pin trading. Just let us know if you have any questions. And as @speedwaystar1 mentioned, the DPF marketplace is a great place to shop for pins - to use as traders online or at the park, or just to add to your own collection. Unfortunately, you're probably not going to pay less than $1 a pin, like on eBay - but they are the real deal here!

When you start trading, what sort of pins are you looking for? Do you have a favorite Disney movie or character you're particularly interested in? (I love Peter Pan and Figaro, myself!)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back