• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Newbie from Kentucky!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie from Kentucky!

DisneyBird

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! I'm new to the whole forum thing, so some of you may have to help me along here, lol.

I started pin trading on my trip to WDW in Jan. 2008 with my hubby. As you all know and understand, I quickly became addicited, lol.

My favorite pins to collect are Cinderella, Lady & the Tramp, and "experience" pins. I also try to grab the Star Wars pins when I see them for the hubby. While it's my collection, I think he enjoys the chase of a good find right along with me ;) Oh, and the Pirates pins...

I am taking my daughter on her first trip next month and recently purchased a ton of pins on ebay to start her collection. (I like to buy the random pins so we have the fun of finding the pins we really want) She loves looking at my collection, so I think she's really going to enjoy building her own!

Well, I look forward to talking to you all.. even if I am a little slow at first :)
You can see my collection and the start of hers here: http://disneybird.blogspot.com/search/label/Pin Trading

Welcom DisneyBird,
I enjoyed reading your blog. I'll have to go back and keep track of addiction. lol :rofl: I particularly like your comment.
There are tons of serious collectors out there searching for these items. Me? Ha! I am by no means a serious collector. I just enjoy the hunt and looking at my pretty collection when I'm missing Disney.

I think you can revise that and welcome yourself to the world of the "Serious Collector" lol.

And make sure to check out the threads on lot sales. Your pins look from your photos like you've been lucky but you may get caught in the future by a less then honest bay seller. There are a ton of stories on this and other fourms.

Happy Tradding and again Welcome to the Boards.

Welcome to DPF!

.•*•.ºoº.•*•.

I am fairly new to pin trading myself and I have learned soooo much from this forum.

Most of all, have fun and enjoy! :)
--Jill: imatronaholic

Welcome! What part of KY are you in? I am just north of Nashville and we are having a trading day soon! Let me know if you want more info :)

Hi, welcome. You may want to go to Pinpics.com to start cataloging your pins. It will also allow you to set up requests for pins you'll want to add to your collection(s). You'll find a wealth of information here, as we have a large number members who are experienced collectors. ;)

:lgm: I'm in Indiana :) Where did you get your ebay lots from? I bought one lot and it's mix of genuine and scrappers. :/ I don't think ou can post a link, but if you'd pm me the seller, I'd be grateful.

Hello and welcome to DPF! :lgm:

My wife and I got started collecting just like you, but a year before. We were at WDW as well. It's a really fun hobby (albeit a "bit" expensive at times :hs:). You will have loads of fun here! :D

Welcome! What part of KY are you in? I am just north of Nashville and we are having a trading day soon! Let me know if you want more info :)

I'm in Louisville. I think someone already shared with me the Nashville event, but I'll be headed to Disney that day! Woohoo!! Thanks for the invite though. Keep me posted on any future dates though :)

Welcom DisneyBird,
I enjoyed reading your blog. I'll have to go back and keep track of addiction. lol :rofl: I particularly like your comment.

I think you can revise that and welcome yourself to the world of the "Serious Collector" lol.

And make sure to check out the threads on lot sales. Your pins look from your photos like you've been lucky but you may get caught in the future by a less then honest bay seller. There are a ton of stories on this and other fourms.

Happy Tradding and again Welcome to the Boards.

Thanks for checking out the blog, and yes, feel free to follow the blog, I love new readers!

You're right, I have been pretty lucky with the pin lots so far. I am always sure to ask and read over the descriptions very well before I purchase.

Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back