• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Newbie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie!

VDUBNYC

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys my name is Craig and im a newbie to the marvelous world of pin collecting and trading. I just bought myself a starter set when I visited WDW Florida last week. So any advice would be great on pin collecting like are there some oins that are a must for my collection and should I just start collecting different series or should i change it up.
looking forward to expanding my collection!!!

Craig

Hi and welcome! I would say, pick one thing you like and start there. For me, I chose Hamm from Toy Story as my first collection and it was super fun collecting and trading for the few pins of him. Then I moved on to Tinkerbell, and there are so many different pins of her. I don't intend on collecting every Tink pin, just the ones I like. Also, set a budget! Several small purchases add up fast. If there's a pin you really really want (a grail), then save up for it! I'm currently saving for the DSSH Hans and Anna :)

Hi and welcome to the world of pin trading! The most important advice I have is to just have fun. It's great hobby. Don't get too discouraged when you see other people's collections. Every single pin collection is important and unique in its own way. The size or the monetary value of one person's collection doesn't make it more important than another person's. That being said, become acquainted with the term "scrapper". These are fake pins that are sold and are frequently traded at the parks. A lot of times, you'll see lots of them going on ebay for like 50 for $20. Please don't purchase these pins and trade them in the parks.

Other than that, again, just have fun! And I hope that you have a great time with this new hobby. This forum is loaded with lots and lots of information, and if I can ever help with anything just let me know. :wavey:

Hi and welcome. :)

Everybody has different must-have pins for their collections, so when you decide what you like, you can figure out your must-haves from there. It's totally up to you what you choose to collect; collect whatever you like. To echo Purplemandms, just have fun!

To start you may find it easier to choose one theme/character/movie, etc. to collect. I started collecting by accident about 11 years ago by buying the odd pin that I liked and before I knew it I had developed a theme. My collections have changed since then and you may find that you change your collection over time as well. As long as you enjoy your pins (and trading if you decide you want to trade), that's all that matters.

Happy pinning!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back