• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Next dsf ptd is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next dsf ptd is...
What does DTA mean out of curiosity? I've seen it a lot online and I have no idea what it means haha xD

Also, it wasn't meant to be a joke poking fun at those who couldn't get it. It was just merely trying to say DSF sold a lot of them, I don't see how that implies "haha we got a Rapunzel PTD and you didn't." I'm sorry you interpreted it that way, but I don't think there is a "cool kids table" on DSF haha xD If anything, I'd actually want them to get 16 each that way we have a lot of Rapunzel PTDs on this forum to give out to people who want it. Would you rather pay $100 for this pin on Ebay from a person who only wants money and scamming people for it or would you want people on DPF to have it who are honest traders among us all? IDK about you, but I'd go with the latter :)

your clearly not from California. There is freakin cool kids tables at church!

I def see what Boo is saying cuz I may be new to the forum bu not new to trading at all. I texted/Pm'd a few different members on here and they all acted hecka rude and were clearly only for profiting. Even though I was offering well over 4 times what they paid! so yeah I can really see where he is coming from. Some people are saying give it time and get to know folks but thatt semi plays in to the point he made about cliques. I personally due may share of charity work and generous acts but I make it a point to not let it be known. I don't do things so people know I did it, I do it just do do it! Heck when I donate things I won't even drop it off myself because I rather it not be known it was me, thats where the fun comes in to me. So will I ever be nominated for my generosity HECK NO (at least I hope not as like I said I do it cuz it feels nice not cuz I want recognition) BUT when I ask people who I have personally done favors for to help me out just a little, I get snubbed.

So yeah with that in mind I get a bit disheartened. A few of you came off as a bit cold but maybe take a step back from yourself and look at it from the other persons point of view. Ya gotta remember for people like Boo and I are coming from. YES, we are new, so a few bad apples go a long way in souring the bunch of you all.

Boom !!!! Head shot! So while you all have your generous pals I'll keep getting screwed at every turn Ive given hardcore traders some pretty heavy pins for nothing and no one trader has ever given me a thing(not that I'd ever ask because then I know the kinds of people most traders are and the freakin world would be expected back) or even helped me out (except for a Christmas gift I got)by holding things for me Im just someone simply sick of getting screwed by people who look me in the face and tell me how nice they are.

Last edited:
So yeah with that in mind I get a bit disheartened. A few of you came off as a bit cold but maybe take a step back from yourself and look at it from the other persons point of view. Ya gotta remember for people like Boo and I are coming from. YES, we are new, so a few bad apples go a long way in souring the bunch of you all.

While I'm not trying to justify how those people acted towards you because that sure sounds awfully rude :( but I feel like you might be a bit judgmental specifically when you said "a few bad apples go a long way in souring the bunch of you all." I can't control what you think but yes, there are probably a few bad apples among this forum. There are anywhere, no place is a utopia, even DPF despite how much we'd all like to think so.

However, it is up to you to not overgeneralize how 4 people act to how over 1,000 people act. You blame us like it is our fault how those few 4 people act, and while I am sorry they were very rude, I think it is even more rude for you to compare those mean actions to everyone else. How is that going to help you make any friends here if you compare all of us to rude sharks? I'll tell you, not very well :( If you want to make friends, remember those who are rude and just know how they act from now on to you, but please don't think that most of us act like that.

Also, yeah, I do understand what you said about cliques, it does sound about right. However, you have to remember that if any one person could join for a second and get a pin from someone they just met, this forum would more or less become an Ebay for people who don't care about any of us but are purely in this to get pins from us and resell them at higher prices. You'd see a bunch of people log on as soon as a big pin is released and then as soon as they get their pin, gone, nadda, not seeing them again until the next big pin release. If you remain on these forums for a while and people get to know you, it becomes much easier for people to trust that you are an honest pin trader as opposed to someone who is just in it for the money :)

Last edited:
While I'm not trying to justify how those people acted towards you because that sure sounds awfully rude :( but I feel like you might be a bit judgmental specifically when you said "a few bad apples go a long way in souring the bunch of you all." I can't control what you think but yes, there are probably a few bad apples among this forum. There are anywhere, no place is a utopia, even DPF despite how much we'd all like to think so.

However, it is up to you to not overgeneralize how 4 people act to how over 1,000 people act. You blame us like it is our fault how those few 4 people act, and while I am sorry they were very rude, I think it is even more rude for you to compare those mean actions to everyone else. How is that going to help you make any friends here if you compare all of us to rude sharks? I'll tell you, not very well :( If you want to make friends, remember those who are rude and just know how they act from now on to you, but please don't think that most of us act like that.

Also, yeah, I do understand what you said about cliques, it does sound about right. However, you have to remember that if any one person could join for a second and get a pin from someone they just met, this forum would more or less become an Ebay for people who don't care about any of us but are purely in this to get pins from us and resell them at higher prices. You'd see a bunch of people log on as soon as a big pin is released and then as soon as they get their pin, gone, nadda, not seeing them again until the next big pin release. If you remain on these forums for a while and people get to know you, it becomes much easier for people to trust that you are an honest pin trader as opposed to someone who is just in it for the money :)

+1 <3 kupo!

Boom !!!! Head shot! So while you all have your generous pals I'll keep getting screwed at every turn Ive given hardcore traders some pretty heavy pins for nothing and no one trader has ever given me a thing(not that I'd ever ask because then I know the kinds of people most traders are and the freakin world would be expected back) or even helped me out (except for a Christmas gift I got)by holding things for me Im just someone simply sick of getting screwed by people who look me in the face and tell me how nice they are.

I say this as kindly and respectfully as I can but if you are that embittered by this forum... why stick around and continue to post? Just an honest question. You noted in your reply that you give big but never get big back in return but that you don't expect it. If you don't expect it, then why this post? It seems to be bothering you sufficiently enough to post about it. My apologies as a member of this forum that you have dealt with some unsavory individuals and I feel for you but I also think that you are over generalizing the majority of people here. I've never had trouble "fitting in" here. I collect and love pins just like everyone else - Bam! I fit in and am where I belong. That's how I fit in and that's how most people fit in here too. Just today, I went to my FIRST DSF camp out and I met some great people! (Here's looking at you Jabberwocky, Steve and Stuart! :D) "Fitting in" never occurred to me I suppose, I just assumed that I already did by being on a Disney pin forum for Disney pin lovers. I just post and enjoy other people's posts and bask in all the glory of pin collecting with other fellow pin lovers. Still, I'm sorry to hear you've had negative experiences. I'd say give it (the forum) another shot but if you are really this cheesed off about it all, perhaps move on then? Why stick with something that aggravates you? Either way, whatever you decide, happy pin collecting. We're not all ogres... I promise :)

Last edited:

While I hear exactly what you saying and I am looking at it from your point of a view all I ask is you grant me the same courtesy. I do not know a TON of people on here I would like to try to change that but while the ones I do know act like complete scalpers I start to get the sense of "oh no here we go again". I try not to be judgmental as per that is the start of bigotry.

You gotta understand pin trading is not my first nor last hobby, I collect comics, action figures, video games, DVDs,play yugioh & plenty of other hobbies. I have met many people through these various hobbies and I have been screwed over by many treated nicely by some and so far the people I have met collecting pins remind me a great deal of folks that I met while playing yugioh...not a good thing, those people were the slimiest profiteers I ever had the displeasure of knowing.

I mean when I give away pins some from my personal collection! I agree to hold pins (like designer princess pins) for people until they are ready for it but I ask them to buy a pin from them at over 4 TIMES! the cost they paid...well sometimes when faced with that much darkness its hard to see the light till it comes shining through. But you are correct the people who acted so rudely towards me will be remembered. I am normally a very friendly guy until someone does something to wrong me or my family. I guess this whole thing is kinda makin me mad. It seems to that it is kind of like the straw that broke the camels back for Boo.

I did manage to get my Rapunzel with little to no incident so I am far from someone who is bitter cuz they didn't get it. It is just how awful some people treat others that has me mad

So bummed beyond bummed, we raced to the DSF and got in line asap, we waited only to make it up to the door and had one guy in front of us and we were told sorry you'll get the next pin. Heart break! Im so so sad, and whats worse all those Rapunzels I now see on good ol' E-bay, ugh! I tried so hard, only to miss! bum! Im crushed.

I'd like to weigh in on this "cool kids table" talk if I may.

I really can see the point StoneColdBoo and Fortune are making. I probably would not be quite as harsh as they are being, but they do have a point.

First, let me state there really are some nice and great people on these boards. Nathan95 is a great example of that. I've also had great exchanges on the board with huertajv, snazzybowtie, nursek8 and Psycho Pixie. Unfortunately, some of the nicest people have left or been driven off the boards due to attacks or disgust with the pin trading community. 2Infinity and Tiki come immediately to mind.

But for every great person, there are others like a certain marquee collector who have just been rude and condescending to others. Also, there are many on these boards who are probably very nice people, but they fail to reach beyond their own comfort zone of people to interact. I've been collecting over 10 years. Many recognize my ID, but have no idea who I am or try to interact with me. Most of those I used to interact with are now gone from the hobby and many of the new ones aren't interested in knowing a part-time collector like myself.

A great example is the recent zapping that went on during the holidays. I had some pins that matched some peoples want list that I wanted to send as zaps. I sent a few IMs to people to ask for addresses for those individuals and never got a response. Consequently a few people on these boards lost out on getting some pins from me because no one would reply to my requests for addresses. I'm also still waiting to hear from any Mods regarding two questions I had. That was back in November I asked the questions.

Now don't get me wrong. I'm not crying about it are anything. Like a said, I'm only a part-time collector at this point. There are only a few pins I'm looking for and unfortunately, the majority are hard to get. That's fine. I don't expect people to help me out or zap me with these pins, but when they do, Like Nathan95 has, It is greatly appreciated.

I just think that there are more people who would like to get more involved but sometime time and life get in the way of being as visible in the hobby as they'd like to be and so when they have the chance to be a part of the fun, they are often ignored because they are not someone seen or heard from often. I agree with Kupo's point that care must be taken to ward against those that just pop up during a big release a beg for help to get pins and then disappear, but not to the exclusion of those who really do want to be a part of the community as much as life will let them.

Fortunately, I know these boards have more people like Nathan95 and nursek8 than like our rude marquee collector, but sometimes people are overlooked. Maybe we could try to see those overlooked folks and do something nice for them.

That all being said, I really have to tell you folks who waited overnight for the Rapunzel PTD pin -- you are all Crazy! But I say that with the utmost respect for you all. Glad you all got the pin. One of these days I hope to join you for a DSF release but between my job, my 2 year old son and my pregnant wife, life just isn't letting me right now. I actually just really want the Ice Cream again. That is one of the tastiest Ice Cream treats I ever had (I got one once with a Jessica pin before DSF got hot for pin collectors).

Take care all and be kind to each other!

So bummed beyond bummed, we raced to the DSF and got in line asap, we waited only to make it up to the door and had one guy in front of us and we were told sorry you'll get the next pin. Heart break! Im so so sad, and whats worse all those Rapunzels I now see on good ol' E-bay, ugh! I tried so hard, only to miss! bum! Im crushed.

I'm sorry you missed out, that sucks! I was going to leave around when you did but was scared that might happen. Did you get a Stitch one and drown your sorrows in a sundae at least? Wishing you luck on getting a Rapunzel.

Eat a sundae for me! Good luck!!

Oh I had some ice cream for you but unfortunately I didn't have much luck. There was one guy right in front of us when they announced that there was no more Rapunzel pins and that we'd be getting a different pin. My soul was crushed and my heart broken. I was so hoping I wouldn't have to give an arm leg and a kidney to get a rapunzel pin. Hopefully I'll have better luck next time.

Oh I had some ice cream for you but unfortunately I didn't have much luck. There was one guy right in front of us when they announced that there was no more Rapunzel pins and that we'd be getting a different pin. My soul was crushed and my heart broken. I was so hoping I wouldn't have to give an arm leg and a kidney to get a rapunzel pin. Hopefully I'll have better luck next time.

NO!! I'm so sorry darling!! Oh my gosh I don't know what I would do if that were me... I'd be in tears for sure.

I hope the ice cream was good?? At least there was ice cream??

I say this as kindly and respectfully as I can but if you are that embittered by this forum... why stick around and continue to post? Just an honest question. You noted in your reply that you give big but never get big back in return but that you don't expect it. If you don't expect it, then why this post? It seems to be bothering you sufficiently enough to post about it. My apologies as a member of this forum that you have dealt with some unsavory individuals and I feel for you but I also think that you are over generalizing the majority of people here. I've never had trouble "fitting in" here. I collect and love pins just like everyone else - Bam! I fit in and am where I belong. That's how I fit in and that's how most people fit in here too. Just today, I went to my FIRST DSF camp out and I met some great people! (Here's looking at you Jabberwocky, Steve and Stuart! :D) "Fitting in" never occurred to me I suppose, I just assumed that I already did by being on a Disney pin forum for Disney pin lovers. I just post and enjoy other people's posts and bask in all the glory of pin collecting with other fellow pin lovers. Still, I'm sorry to hear you've had negative experiences. I'd say give it (the forum) another shot but if you are really this cheesed off about it all, perhaps move on then? Why stick with something that aggravates you? Either way, whatever you decide, happy pin collecting. We're not all ogres... I promise :)

And I'm pleased as punch that I finally got to meet you after missing the opportunity at several of the other events and the local collectibles show.

shrek_07_zps7c76b9df.jpg

I can't speak for Boo but for me the reason I stay is because I am really hoping to meet some of these great people and I hope to do some good and help out others. If I keep meeting folks like the ones I know...then I would leave

As for the Sundaes, many of us waited until the Stitch pin came out to get ice cream...I put mine in a cooler and brought it home to enjoy.

There were around 180 people who showed up before DSF opened, so about 30 got a Stitch pin and around 60 people from the "Rapunzel line" got back in line for the Stitch pin - so about a little over half of the Stitch pins were sold when I left around 2pm (with a cell that had a battery with 0% left :( ).

As for the Sundaes, many of us waited until the Stitch pin came out to get ice cream...I put mine in a cooler and brought it home to enjoy.

There were around 180 people who showed up before DSF opened, so about 30 got a Stitch pin and around 60 people from the "Rapunzel line" got back in line for the Stitch pin - so about a little over half of the Stitch pins were sold when I left around 2pm (with a cell that had a battery with 0% left :( ).

When Angel went back about an hour after you left Steve to get two, he said there were about 10 people in line and some people had left and now as the night progresses, even more are gone. The Stitch pin will be gone by tomorrow for those who want him :) There is going to be another Stitch PTD pin I like (doubt it'll be next), but I really like this banana split one :)

Someone listed Pascal and Rapunzel together in a lot for the most decent price I have seen on eBay. It's still quite a bit, but you can knock out two birds with one stone ;) Just to let you all know :)
I know I can't post links, but you know where to find it :)

Last edited:
Someone listed Pascal and Rapunzel together in a lot for the most decent price I have seen on eBay. Just to let you all know :)
I know I can't post links, but you know where to find it :)
I was totally about to buy that, but then I noticed a possible flaw on Rapunzel's sleeve, so I opted out. :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back