• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Next dsf ptd is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next dsf ptd is...
**in News caster voice**
This just in... fights are breaking out all over pin forums as people argue heatedly over a value for a pin that was free with a purchase of icecream. Apparently a difference of opinion is causing bickering and angry words to be tossed about in what once was a happy community.

in all seriousness folks... if you have a personal beef with eachother, take it to PM. We all have a different idea of value and worth. lets let the dust setlle a bit on this one ok?

Chuck E. Cheese, Cap'N Crunch are the Hamburgler are going hard in this photo

I for one would like to see more beef in the thread. I may have one of these for trade soon if anyone has any older hard to find pins for trade.

I love the movie tangled just everything about it was so wonderful and simply magic. I really felt I could some what relate to Rapunzel. Plus there were moments that made me laugh so hard it really put a genuine smile on my face during a period in my life where I was a little blue. I especially loved the duet Rapunzel and Flynn sung together. So much, that I ended up memorizing the entire song after only seeing the movie once hehe (i'm such a dork). If only I knew about the El Capitan Theatre and the Disney Soda Fountain back then, I may have had a better chance collecting these as sometimes I feel collecting Tangled pins is like wanting a fine wine on a beer budget. But I am remaining positive as I know some day I will get all these pins. It may take years, many trades, and probably a lot of money, but I know I will get these pins because I am that determined. They are my dream and dreams become goals and goals can become a reality. So, even though tangled is some what of a challenge for me to collect at the moment, I have hope that someday I will complete my Tangled collection :D

I can top that. I was at El Capitan to watch Tangled at the theatre (did the VIP experience and got the popcorn bucket, which we gave away to some kids). I passed on the marquee (the last one!) and the Rapunzel/Flynn in the chair pin (could have gotten 7 since I was there with 3 other people, only one whom bought the Rapunzel/Flynn pin because of well, a fetish is all I can say, but hearing that totally turned me off the pin!) Then, about 1.5 years later, I decide to collect her. UGH.

P.S. i did get the Belle in the blue dress pin that day though. But wow, had I known, I would have gotten 7, maybe 11 (4 more after the movie) and hoarded them like heck!

Last edited:
I absolutely see your point and value your thinking. I agree with you to a point.

But also think about this: Most of the people who have these pins in their traders right now are the youngens ... who are after older and expensive pins.

Most of the people who want these pins are either
(a) youngens who do not have the $$ or worthy traders for it - so they are at the mercy of generous friends & zappers
(b) old farts (like me) who have the older pins but also some $$ to buy it.

I got so many lop sided offers for this pin this morning. Almost everybody asked either for Designer Belle or Snow White or DA LE 100 pins. Would I trade it ?? Not really.

So, I went and bought me one on the bay.

So, you keep this pin to get your grail. I keep your grail to get my own grail. It is a vicious cycle and the way I see it, only re-sellers win.

sorry you didnt get to trade for it. had i known it was there and u needed it.. you know i would have set it for free. well for a what-a-burger that is... lol

Oprah... AND RAPUNZEL!? xD (I couldn't resist... forgive me...)
gothel2.jpg

I can top that. I was at El Capitan to watch Tangled at the theatre (did the VIP experience and got the popcorn bucket, which we gave away to some kids). I passed on the marquee (the last one!) and the Rapunzel/Flynn in the chair pin (could have gotten 7 since I was there with 3 other people, only one whom bought the Rapunzel/Flynn pin because of well, a fetish is all I can say, but hearing that totally turned me off the pin!) Then, about 1.5 years later, I decide to collect her. UGH.

P.S. i did get the Belle in the blue dress pin that day though. But wow, had I known, I would have gotten 7, maybe 11 (4 more after the movie) and hoarded them like heck!

I know my aunt told me she had some of those harder to get pins and traded them away thinking I can get them back later then poof the demand sky rocketed making them harder to acquire. If I had known about el capitan and went to watch tangled with my aunt I know I would have gotten the pins. I still can't believe the Rapunzel stain glass pin was on a 4$ discount rack. I just can't believe how long those pins sat there before they became popular.

Please, should I post your trade requests to me on pinpics for everyone to see? Your offers are rude. At least the Tangled PTD is worth around half the opening day. WiR UK is maybe 1/5th?

I send those to try to open conversations. I have no idea what people may want and pinpics doesn't really match things up well. The note with it says I will trade multiples. I usually delete requests going to you. I must have missed that one.

So you don't think you can predict how pins will do but in just a few sentences after that statement you yourself are speculating on a pin genre's future. A bit hipocritical wouldn't you say??

i make no such prediction on any particular pin. Just pin fads in general. You're still being rude, however.

**in News caster voice**
This just in... fights are breaking out all over pin forums as people argue heatedly over a value for a pin that was free with a purchase of icecream. Apparently a difference of opinion is causing bickering and angry words to be tossed about in what once was a happy community.

Junk-Food-Fight---67508.jpg

in all seriousness folks... if you have a personal beef with eachother, take it to PM. We all have a different idea of value and worth. lets let the dust setlle a bit on this one ok?
psycho pixie you are too funny i love the news casters voice and picture below its hilarious XD

My good friend Bart Kapitzke owns an indy wrestling promotion....I think I came up with a storyline for him.
Two men with jacked Mucsles fighting over the CLEARLY most coveted item ever
Rapunzel PTD
One guy can accuse the other of cutting in line and then he will be all likeyou just want it because youre a re-seller" and they'd be all like "Im not a re-seller YOU ARE" and they'd go
"No this was the worst camp out ever Im entitled to prey on other" whine whine ect and then thed be all like"Ah Capitolism at its finest" and the they'd be all like ....*suplex elbow drop*

OHHHHHH yeah this will be good!

Last edited:
Dude this made me LOL

Oprah? She's alive?!?
Oh at KT07 my address is
9646 Par Place
Pico Rivera, CA 90660

Omg Clara please leave your 10 brothers and sisters at home

Clara was bringing her 15 cousins...don't give her any ideas about more family members or else it will be an all Clara and her family pin event ;)

:confused: So, is this pin actually any good in person? I know that Rapunzel completists want it no matter what it looks like, but its status as an instant "Grail Getter" seems a bit ambitious. I mean, aren't PTDs usually teeny tiny? I have a few PTDs and they've always been very small. Still nice pins, but nothing I would go MAD over.

:confused: So, is this pin actually any good in person? I know that Rapunzel completists want it no matter what it looks like, but its status as an instant "Grail Getter" seems a bit ambitious. I mean, aren't PTDs usually teeny tiny? I have a few PTDs and they've always been very small. Still nice pins, but nothing I would go MAD over.

Compared to the other PTD it's HUGE!!! It's the size of a Kennedy half dollar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back