• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Next dsf ptd is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Compared to the other PTD it's HUGE!!! It's the size of a Kennedy half dollar
:) Ahh, well that's good. Hopefully people will be getting their money's worth then if they pay crazy prices on eBay.

Thanks nWoJeffDW! :p It features all of the characters I collect. Except for Shere Khan, as the person who made it simply ran out of room!

Random question (I'm WDW-based and have always been curious)...when you go to the Soda Fountain to purchase a Pin Trader Delight pin...do they HAVE to give you the ice cream with it? Like if you weren't hungry at all or were lactose intolerant or something LOL...can you just purchase the pin, or do they make you take the sundae with it? I know the pin is supposed to be a perk of buying the sundae...but for most of us it would be the other way around...the sundae is just a perk of buying the pin. :) And I know some of you have purchased more than one...so do you get a sundae for each pin you purchase or what?

Random question (I'm WDW-based and have always been curious)...when you go to the Soda Fountain to purchase a Pin Trader Delight pin...do they HAVE to give you the ice cream with it? Like if you weren't hungry at all or were lactose intolerant or something LOL...can you just purchase the pin, or do they make you take the sundae with it? I know the pin is supposed to be a perk of buying the sundae...but for most of us it would be the other way around...the sundae is just a perk of buying the pin. :) And I know some of you have purchased more than one...so do you get a sundae for each pin you purchase or what?

No you can just buy the pin. You can also substitute it with a to-go one in a smaller cup um...milkshake kind of deal :3 There is lactose free vanilla available if I'm not mistaken, as well as sugar free

You don't have to get the ice cream but people get it anyways because it's free ice cream with a purchase of a pin if you think about it. If you're intolerant to something they have other options like sometimes they'll let you buy a beverage. When you buy 2 you get two ice creams, there's a few that eat both and most people just five it away on the street.

Thanks for the responses! That's a great idea about giving the sundae to random/homeless people on the streets if you don't want it. :)

I wish we had a Soda Fountain here in Florida...it must be awesome getting ice cream with your pins!

Hi, I asked for this thread to be closed. I started the thread and it started getting ugly. I said no one post. You guys by posting basically told i dont care what you said. Well if werent for me you guys possibly would not have got this rapunzel ptd. I appreciate the respect poeople. THE THREAD IS CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One more thing about holding on to these pins ....

They sold high, they traded hard. And then BAM!! they got scrappered and now they are dime-a-dozen on Ebay. There is also that risk while holding on to pins. Many of my traders got rendered worthless because I am guilty of the same practice :(

Not just that but there is one huge risk factor one has to remember going into this pin...it is Rapunzel. She is the in thing right now, but she won't be forever. People are talking about holding onto this pin for years and then trading it and I'm sad to say, I don't think Rapunzel will be as popular 2-3 years down the road (she might be, who knows, I wouldn't compare her to a classic like Ariel or Belle, but she is still great no doubt). However, if she ever does go out of fashion, her pin's values will drop fast. I mean, Tangled came out in 2010, that is still pretty recent, but I can't see it staying around as the most popular thing since sliced bread for years to come around 2015 or so.

I'm sorry but I think it's funny when someone talks as if they got the whole pin hobby figured out and can predict how a pin will do in trading in the future. It's all cycles. No one knew marquees would blow up like they did. And how about those DLRP PTN pins?

lol I died laughing reading this in agreement haha Although I don't think I've seen a post like that in this thread yet, I do know the feeling lol xP I'm really waiting on Frozen this year since the only thing that could calm the Rapunzel hype is a princess with a movie just as good if not better and the next princess is Anna...let's see what happens :)

I think this thread has lost sight of what is important.

Oprah.

That was...beautiful

oprah.gif

Can you, Elysions, and I just go off and make an Oprah Dedication Thread...we really need to dedicate some stuff to her.

... Most with a serious lack of Oprah.

tumblr_mbp10hMp991r3zat8.gif

EDIT: sorry Calvin >_< I was typing this before you posted that so I didn't see it until it was posted. Thank you again for telling us about the PTD, I do appreciate as I hope others do (but you are right, it has gotten nasty...)

Last edited:
Unless you have the the words administrator or moderator under name or halo over your head nobody is going to obey. Plus all the bickering is done and we're just discussing
Well nathan I was actually looking forward to bickering with you....lol so my question right now
Is the ice cream good like at least edible? if anyone wants to bicker with me about Ice cream the floor is yours.

No offense, but why would you want to close this thread?

Maybe a few posts got a little personal, but the mods should deals with those posts and not lock the whole thread because of a few off topic posts. A thread that discusses a popular new pin on a pin trading forum is absolutely appropriate.

No offense, but why would you want to close this thread?

Maybe a few posts got a little personal, but the mods should deals with those posts and not lock the whole thread because of a few off topic posts. A thread that discusses a popular new pin on a pin trading forum is absolutely appropriate.
+1,000,000,000
it didn't get that ugly where it caused drama

Well nathan I was actually looking forward to bickering with you....lol so my question right now
Is the ice cream good like at least edible? if anyone wants to bicker with me about Ice cream the floor is yours.

IT'S REALLY GOOD. Like, it's standard sexy Dreyer's I believe...and you get two big scoops of what ever you want. In between you get a heaping about of hawt fudge...and it's then topped with warm marshmallow creme (Because the glass is so cold it freezes in a frozen sexy melted kind of way! Without out it running completly all over) finally topped with whipped creme, mickey mouse black and red sprinkles, and a cherry on top!

IT'S REALLY GOOD. Like, it's standard sexy Dreyer's I believe...and you get two big scoops of what ever you want. In between you get a heaping about of hawt fudge...and it's then topped with warm marshmallow creme (Because the glass is so cold it freezes in a frozen sexy melted kind of way! Without out it running completly all over) finally topped with whipped creme, mickey mouse black and red sprinkles, and a cherry on top!
Can it be requested without whipped cream...not a fan of whipped cream

Can it be requested without whipped cream...not a fan of whipped cream

You can virtually make it anyway you want down to having a small cup or no ice cream at all! My grandma hates marshmallow, I can't chew the sprinkles (I have bad teeth), and my little sister will only eat cookies and creme...no cost extra or anything either!

1~ you can order the PTD with no icecream sundae.
2~ we have had then give us a single scoop INSTEAD of the sundae.
3~ Calvin, sweetie, the thread got back under control. it is OK. deep breaths. Someone asked a legit Question about DSF policy and now people are answering it....
4~ you can order your sundae any way you like. with whip cream or not, with the marshmallow cream or not. heck you can ask for extra if you like. I ask for extra marshmallow on mine.
5~ YES it is dreyers brand icecream. YUMMY

You can virtually make it anyway you want down to having a small cup or no ice cream at all! My grandma hates marshmallow, I can't chew the sprinkles (I have bad teeth), and my little sister will only eat cookies and creme...no cost extra or anything either!
Ah it sounds good so it seems at least 76% of those ....people that camped out didnt care about the pin right it was just about the ice cream that Im led to believe is sexy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back