• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Odd backstamp on Percy PTD - normal or is it a bad pin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Odd backstamp on Percy PTD - normal or is it a bad pin?

lynn99

DPF Nut
Rating - 100%
140   0   0
So from reading the threads, some odd backstamps on PTD's are to be expected, however this one seems different than others I've seen (some pictures that may have been relevant in the other threads are gone now, so I can't compare there).

I want to make sure its a good pin before trading it.

Here is a pic of the back of the Percy and an Olaf, which is what I'd expect to see.
The back of the percy, 3 of the 4 sides, the pattern runs off the edge, which I think is "normal"
Its the bottom that seems off to me - it stops before the edge, and is not closed off.

Anyone else have this pin, or other known good pins that have the same?

Nothing else is odd about the pin, colors, paint, thickness, edges all seem as they should be.
Thanks all for any input!

attachment.php

It's fine.

Most of the ptds have bad backstamps, crooked ones, or ones that don't reach the edges. The jasmine one usually doesn't even have a single completed icecream cone on it!

Thanks for the feedback - I was mostly concerned since it was inconsistent (3 sides one way, 4'th another).

I feel better about it now!

Well especially since it has the skew number and all, and I know if it feels fine it's probably fine. The skews used to just be printed, and even before that many ddin't have them. The ptds have gone through several back side redesigns so it's probably just a bad production one honestly :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back