• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Odd code printed on the back of set of pins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Odd code printed on the back of set of pins.

Briscoefilms

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hi guys. Terrible pics I know, but best I could get :/
Bit of a random one, but anyone tell me what this code on the back of this set of pins is? They all have the same code, printed on to the back of the pin. It reads FAC-046730-15327 and all the pins in this set seem to have them.
1535f37c08723a031645dcfd57046a59.jpg
d8c02f30d9487df009c761eb8cadfa09.jpg

Pinpics: http://www.pinpics.com/member.php?t=o

We have never found out what these numbers are, exactly. We think they might be some sort of manufacturer driven inventory control / product number. Sometimes they are printed on the pin, some times they are molded on the pin, sometimes they are on the back of the card. Some of them start with FAC- some of them start with a P- number

One of the way people use to try to identify unauthorized pins, if they are a pin where the number is printed on, is that the "official" batch of pins will have them and the "overrun" and "scrap" will not have them.

Ok, great. Think this person hasn't kept great care of them, as couple of backs are a bit dirty and one, the backing seems to have almost worn away to show the brassy colour at the front of the pin; so just wanted to check nothing iffy was happening. Lol

Sorry guys, I know I keep asking at the moment. Just so paranoid.
d64e7b955e5da13ae8d6383ce3386bdc.jpg

Pinpics: http://www.pinpics.com/member.php?t=o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back