• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Off to work we go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off to work we go!

thejessta

You guys are the best!
Staff member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Does anyone wear their pins to work, school, or any other place unrelated to Disney? Do people say anything about them?

At work, I used to wear a pin related to whatever holiday was coming up. They weren't part of my permanent collection, so I didn't worry about them getting dinged or falling off. I did wear an LE a few times, but then I started getting paranoid about their "safety." :p

My mom wears hers to work ~ Drives me crazy because she isn't concerned about them going missing. LOL. I figure its her money going into them and if she looses her's well then that's her problem.

Me? I have enough problems keeping track of them in their storage areas as it is. Wearing them would only add confusion lol.

I have a scrapper which I was unfortunate enough to end up with on my desk. I'm happy to discuss my hobby with anyone who asks.

I have a few pins on my pirate hat when I dress up for Rennaisance Festivals. My costume is basically a female version of Jack Sparrow's costume. I have an aztec gold coin, Captain Jack, and Jack's pirate flag on the hat. Once in a while I'll get questions about them, but mostly it's just one extra little detail on the costume that makes me smile!
DSCN0471.jpg

Betsy works at JoAnn's and takes different regular pins with her at times, especially during Halloween and Christmas seasons.

Every once in a while I wear an Alice one to work. And I usually wear one if it corresponds with the current holiday.

I don't wear them personally. But there is a lady at my Walmart that wears a Nightmare Lanyard with assorted Nightmare pins. Very cool!

I love to wear my pins. I feel like there is no point in having them stuffed all in a storage pin. I want to show them to other people! I have worn the original DSF Grape Soda and the Tink Day of Beauty Bubble Bath- neither of them were damaged. I have worn plenty others, but I just wanted to give an example of risky ones. With the locking backs, I feel very safe and secure.

The kids in my class love them. I wear a different one on my name tag each week (I am an intern in a Kindergarten class 3 days a week).

They bring me great joy, so I like to share it, and most of the time people are surprised that Disney pins could be so beautiful- to me they are like wearing brooches. You all know that sometimes they are as expensive as real gold jewelry!

I wear one pin and thats the UK Grumpy core pin as it was my first pin I had ever gotten and it was a bithday present from a friend and Ive had it on my jacket for just over a year now and its not not budged once hehehe

My partner wears a pluto pin I traded for him on his jacket..

Personally Id not wear any HTF pins since they cost a fortune in the first place lol

I wear my Magician pin whenever I perform.
Dont be afraid of losing pins, look at my post about pin backs.
You will never lose a pin if you use these.

My son also uses them for all of his scout pins as well as me too.
They are a great conversation starter and why not show them off.

I have the mickey aviator pin on my bulletin board at work since I work in aviation. I used to carry one around on my purse/tote bag, but I changed bags and can no longer stick pins into it... Maybe I need to switch back ;)

i wear DA Masterpieces just for the hell of it. j/k. :hsugh:
{said like Hatter:} NAUGHTY! I inhaled my gum on that one! ;)

I wear a pin almost every day - I had a stash of my Halloween pins in rotation and hadn't made it back to the board to swap so I went out without one yesterday and felt undressed [/blush]. I can always tell when someone sees my POTD (pin of the day), they smile! Kids always comment. I've found two other traders here locally b/c we got to chatting when they saw me wearing a pin!

You know, I have quite the collection of scrappers & fakes that I could definitely wear any of them and not worry a bit about it! (my order of the pin backs that Dan is talking about hasn't arrived yet.) I was planning on using them (the pins, not the backs) on a scrapbook page about my hobby. If I ever do it, I'll post it to show everyone.

I use my Pin Trading/messenger bag for books/laptop at school, it has some pins in the inside pocket, lol. Other than that, there aren't any pins adorning but I do have have my Voluntear button on the outside.

A few years ago I bought a bunch of inexpensive Cinderella pins so my friends and I could wear them in the Cinderella Classic bike ride up here in NorCal. People liked them! I have a Hidden Mickey bike pin (Donald riding a bike) that I wear on one of my jackets; a check-out lady at Safeway likes to comment on it and talk about Disneyland when she sees it. I have a framed set in my office at work that people comment on (but I don't wear the framed set :p ).

Definitely! I love wearing one on my lapel at work. Co-workers and guests comment on them a lot, and it lets me put a little cheer in my work day while I wait for my trip. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back