Official docfish2u Disneyland area party updated! May 6, 2017

Discussion in 'Pin Trading Gatherings' started by docfish2u, Nov 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AvatarAng1

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0

Really? I haven't seen any flyers floating around. Although, I haven't been looking for them.

I certainly hope this isn't true, posting a flyer about an event like this probably wouldn't be good. This is a really special thing that David and Amy do for us as a community, and the fact that one of us would do this is rather disappointing. :(

Sent from my SM-G550T using Tapatalk

2. timeerkat

timeerkat Your Friend Who Likes To Play

Rating - 100%
    240   0   0

I also have not seen or heard of a flyer for this party. If that's true, that's very disappointing. :(

I did see a flyer on Facebook last night for an upcoming Anaheim trading event in June (pretty sure the same event run by Brian Colombari last year, but I'm having a heckuvatime finding it again to double check). Hopefully it's just a case of mistaken identity where someone saw that and thought it was for this.

3. lovecheshire

lovecheshire Member

0   0   0

I certainly hope there are no problems. I am a DPF member and personally know some of the DPF members coming. I'm sure we can keep our eyes & ears open to anything and report to David.

Last edited: May 3, 2017
  4. lovecheshire

lovecheshire Member

0   0   0

I know that a flyer was given out to a few select people at the pin release at DSSH last weekend. Unfortunately, I did not actually look at it, but agree with timeerkat that it's for a pin event in Anaheim I believe in June.

I'm with timeerkat that someone associated that flyer with David's event.

5. Rocke01

Rocke01 love to pin trade! DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    321   0   0

Sorry to hear about the flyer issue, but I must tell you the pin party you had at our hotel had traders there that were not DPF members as well. I don't know how they found out about it but they were there. I think some think they are doing good by advertising a trading gathering to other traders not associated with the group to ensure lots of participation. I am positive that no one meant any harm by the flyer.

BTW... we are HERE (at the hotel)... where is everyone! LOL

6. PixiePost

PixiePost Previously SoraPandora

Rating - 100%
    145   0   0

Yikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0

I'm getting nervous about all this! Hope it'll be alright. I'm still very excited to meet everyone!

8. Booger1964

Booger1964 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    300   0   0

I hope you all have a great time and wish I could join you! It's just a bit too far for me to travel:)

9. pretty Omi

pretty Omi Resident Smol Wolf

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

I invited a friend who's not on the boards to meet me there if she wanted to. She's too shy to try trade with people at the parks, she's always worried about getting ripped off (and has been). I didn't know it was supposed to be board members only. No fliers or anything posted, just a private text.

10. docfish2u

docfish2u Sir David, Grail Slayer Knight

Rating - 100%
    732   0   0

We can't wait to see you both!!! We missed you last year and are thrilled you are already there. We will have to hook up Friday night if possible!!!

Don't be nervous, everything will be fine and we will have a great time. I just may have to ask some people to go, but that is always a possibility every year. So far no one has been asked to leave. Let's hope that tradition continues!!!

We need to get you to one of these!!!

11. PixiePost

Rating - 100%
    145   0   0

No - that is TOTALLY cool! (Hope you don't mind me speaking for you, Docfish. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.)

I think part of the point of these parties is providing a safe place for shy people to get together and have a stress-free trading experience.

That's why we're leery of something like flyers getting out, because then all sorts of strange, unscrupulous people may decide they're welcome, which they are NOT.

Keep in mind that this is a private event that David and Amy planned, paid for, and have been working on for months. Inviting a close friend or family member to come with you is fine! (ESPECIALLY if either of you are shy, or a newbie!)

But printing out fliers to another person's party is a no-no. Hopefully this was just a big misunderstanding.

12. pretty Omi

pretty Omi Resident Smol Wolf

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

Ok phew, I felt bad all of a sudden.

I'm old school, been on some form of group board from back in the old Dizpins days, the Yuku board, was on here when it started but kinda just forgot to keep coming around ^^;;

Looking forward to seeing some familiar faces, and meeting some new ones!

13. timeerkat

Rating - 100%
    240   0   0

this.

14. AvatarAng1

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0

I invited quite a few new pin traders that are close friends of mine. I also told them not to tell anyone else, and I did ask David beforehand though. :p

15. starry_solo

starry_solo Judge of the Dark Court Staff Member DPF Super Moderator

Rating - 100%
    507   0   0

3 more days....

16. docfish2u

docfish2u Sir David, Grail Slayer Knight

Rating - 100%
    732   0   0

It's like you are me sometimes. :wiggle: I have not problem if people invite close friends and family. These events are for good people who want to pin trade and not feel put down because they don't have a lot of high end pins or if they are shy. That is exactly who we want at the party! I hated the Disney run events because nobody would trade. These are meant to be fun and low key.

You are exactly who we want there. If you have somebody who you feel fits into this they are most definitely welcome!!! I just don't want it publicized on facebook or any place other then here on DPF.

Friends are good, sharks are bad.

We leave tomorrow, so excited!!!

17. unibear

unibear DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    51   0   0

I got here yesterday! Just a quick check, since the original information was posted last November. Are the times still accurate (4-9 pm)? I was thinking of getting there early and having lunch. Of course, I would also have dinner as part of the group (and contribute $).

Very excited! Just have to go out and buy my May 4 pins in Downtown Disney today!

18. AvatarAng1

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0

Would anyone be interested in trading for Lithographs? I have the Fairytale designer couples lithographs and I was debating bringing them lol.

19. PixiePost

Rating - 100%
    145   0   0

2 days!

[​IMG]

20. PixiePost

Rating - 100%
    145   0   0

I'm not interested in the Designer Couples, but if you have any other lithographs I may take a look-see. :)

Here are a couple few non-pin Disney items I'd love to trade for:

Figaro and Dinah Vinylmations.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

This one lithograph of Cindy holding a book.
    [​IMG]

I also like to trade the figural key rings that come in blind bags. :)

(Just putting this out there, in case anyone happens to have them sitting around the house and is debating about bringing them to the party.)

I'll be bringing free buttons for everyone (not the ones with your name on them; that's David's specialty), and an assortment of random tsum tsums that are in need of good homes. :)

(If anyone's looking for any particular tsum tsums, can they please let me know? I have a little pile of extras I have put aside for trading/zapping purposes. If I have one you need, I'll be sure to bring it!)

Can not wait to see you all!
    SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

21. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0

This might be a silly question, but what do you wear to this event? Do people dress up in Disney gear? Haha I was thinking about wearing the ears I made a while ago

22. Ksnuggles

Ksnuggles Resident Cake Baker Staff Member DPF Moderator DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    39   0   0

Wear whatever makes you comfortable. I usually wear some sort of Disney outfit. I know people who wear hats they bought or made, others just wear their typical everyday clothes.. there is no requirement of dressing... other than the ones that follow the rules of the restaurant.. you know shoes, shirts and pants.. (basically don't show up naked or half naked and you will be fine.)

23. AvatarAng1

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0

Great, now I have to put pants on?

24. PixiePost

Rating - 100%
    145   0   0

My vote: Wear what you want - whatever makes you feel comfortable and happy. If you can't geek out at a pin party, where can you? :-D

Some people just wear their normal clothes, but lots of us wear lanyards and I usually wear some ears myself. (Store-bought - I WISH I were crafty enough to make them!). A few years ago, I saw someone wearing an Anna (Frozen) dress and she looked great. :)

25. timeerkat

Rating - 100%
    240   0   0

Yep, whatever you are comfortable in. I'm going to be wearing my casual Bing Bong bound and my Inside Out ear hat. And probably a pin lanyard (most likely Judy Hopps, unless I find a few moments to refresh my Inside Out one).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.