• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Oh, hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, hi!

mrsgeek

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
(...that's how my three-year-old greets people)

Hi, you can call me mrsgeek- I'm a long time Disnerd and a pin trading n00b. I first learned about pin trading when hubby and I took our Disneymoon to WDW in 2012, but I figured it was something only AP holders would be into- something that only happened physically in the parks. And then about a year ago I discovered and lurked around the online trading sites which seem much more feasible- we've vowed to go "somewhere Disney" every 5 years on our anniversary, but can't make it any more frequently than that. I'm a Disney Movie Club member and they occasionally have exclusive pins available- for free if you purchase a movie with it- so that's how I first dipped my toes into this little world for real. I have a very small collection that all fits on a single lanyard I just received from "Santa" this year (which you can find on pinpics under the same id- mrsgeek) and am looking to start giving this trading thing a go! (Clearly I'm not in it for the value of these pins, and am much more interested in trading than buying/selling- this just seems like fun.)

I don't quite have "Holy Grails" yet, and am not even interested in specific pins (though I did arbitrarily choose a few 'wants' on pinpics to get started). I'd like to collect Carl & Ellie, Han & Leia, and princesses-in-their-non-princessy-clothing (ie Belle in the blue dress, Snow White in rags, etc) so if you've got anything at all in those categories you're looking to get rid of, and if I've got anything at all in my teeny tiny collection you're interested in, hit me up!

This looks like a fun community and I'm excited to start trading!!

Welcome to DPF, mrsgeek!

So if you went on your "Disneymoon" in 2012, and you plan on going "somewhere Disney" every 5 years, that means you are going... THIS YEAR??? I hope you have a magical time wherever you go! :)

Welcome to DPF, mrsgeek!

So if you went on your "Disneymoon" in 2012, and you plan on going "somewhere Disney" every 5 years, that means you are going... THIS YEAR??? I hope you have a magical time wherever you go! :)

Yes! We're taking our daughter, who will turn 4 (she was born on our first anniversary!) and our newest, who will be 4 months old, to WDW this November :) Soooooo excited!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back