• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Older Donald Duck pin - Real and so-so quality, or scrapper/fake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Older Donald Duck pin - Real and so-so quality, or scrapper/fake?

Trade Winds Pins

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
http://gallery.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/group.cgi?group=4376&pin=23089

Got this pin off a lanyard. It is an older pin (from Japan), so it's not in the best condition, but what concerns me are two things: The part of the pin that should be the whites of Donald's eyes are very pale blue, and on the part of the pin that says his name (it's pin-on-pin, Donald himself is the top pin), the trim feels etched (for lack of a better description) and the letters spelling Donald's name are indented (for lack of better description) and filled in; in other words, it's not a flat, painted-on pin, it has *texture*.

The back is plain gold with Disney/Made in China on it (I know older pins don't have one of all the different patterns on them as we have now).

Could someone who actually has the pin get touchy-feely with it (lol) and let me know if I have a fake or not?

Thanks!

It looks exactly like the one on Pinpics. Although on the Pinpics picture, the lines around the border are gold, not black, but I know that's sometimes just how the Pinpics photo comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back