• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Once Upon a Time Merchandise/Dolls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once Upon a Time Merchandise/Dolls
Tbh I think autograph would look better nicely matted and framed with a photo of the actor/ess on display with any dolls, rather than on the box where it might be hard to see or subject to fade. At least on paper you can make sure to preserve it properly

If it were me and the COA was easy enough to remove I would ask them to sign on the COA, if the background isn't too dark. :)

Tbh I think autograph would look better nicely matted and framed with a photo of the actor/ess on display with any dolls, rather than on the box where it might be hard to see or subject to fade. At least on paper you can make sure to preserve it properly

That's a lovely idea. :)

I hope you can get everything that you want at the expo! Hopefully the doll situation won't be nearly as bad as we are expecting it to be. As a huge Disney and ONCE fan, I wish I could go to the expo myself. Its definitely on my bucket list to go one of these years lol. :x:

Thank you, and I hope you get to go to the expo at some point!

So already 3 OUAT doll sets sold on eBay, two by Sorcerers. And another one still up for sale. One sold for $750. The other listing says they are bringing a "group" to line up and get dolls. Selfish, despicable lowlifes. I hate these people. I really do.

I really wish people wouldn't purchase dolls in these "pre-sales."

Last edited:
So already 3 OUAT doll sets sold on eBay, two by Sorcerers. And another one still up for sale. One sold for $750. The other listing says they are bringing a "group" to line up and get dolls. Selfish, despicable lowlifes. I hate these people. I really do.

I really wish people wouldn't purchase dolls in these "pre-sales."

That's so disheartening. I had contemplated going for a minute, but after talking to a few people that have been before, and the ratio of sorcerer passes, I feel like I would be wasting the 200+ dollars plus losing money by not going to work to be in line behind these people and not even have a chance. I'm really hoping they release both the once upon a time and the heroes villians couples the way they have in the past with the gold snow white and silver cinderella

That's so disheartening. I had contemplated going for a minute, but after talking to a few people that have been before, and the ratio of sorcerer passes, I feel like I would be wasting the 200+ dollars plus losing money by not going to work to be in line behind these people and not even have a chance. I'm really hoping they release both the once upon a time and the heroes villians couples the way they have in the past with the gold snow white and silver cinderella

I know what you mean. It's a lot of trouble for a very, very small chance. I keep going back and forth on if I should even try for them at all. I REALLY want them, but I also want to have a good time at the expo and Disneyland afterwards. Soooooo...I can stand in line for hours, losing sleep, paying $$ for a hotel room I won't even use, for a set of dolls I more than likely won't get OR I can not bother and go enjoy the panels and the rest of the expo. Obviously, the latter option is the wisest and sanest choice, but I keep thinking it's going to kill me to be there and not even try for them.

I know what you mean. It's a lot of trouble for a very, very small chance. I keep going back and forth on if I should even try for them at all. I REALLY want them, but I also want to have a good time at the expo and Disneyland afterwards. Soooooo...I can stand in line for hours, losing sleep, paying $$ for a hotel room I won't even use, for a set of dolls I more than likely won't get OR I can not bother and go enjoy the panels and the rest of the expo. Obviously, the latter option is the wisest and sanest choice, but I keep thinking it's going to kill me to be there and not even try for them.

Was this by any chance one of the sets you seen on eBay? Because my mouth literally dropped at the price they are asking for. AND 13 PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY WATCHING IT! Do people really have to wonder why scalpers are so hated in the community?

As for your situation, I would just go to the expo and have fun. These OUAT dolls are beautiful and all, and I would be torn on what to do if I had the chance to go myself, but they aren't worth becoming miserable over, especially if they would cause you to miss out on some of the panels and other merch. If you do decide to go for them, its entirely possible that the situation won't be nearly as bad as we are predicting it will be. And, again, I think we will get mass releases of these dolls later in the year anyways. Either way, D23 only comes every two years and this year's expo is supposed to be a big one, so I think you should just go and have a good time. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Was this by any chance one of the sets you seen on eBay? Because my mouth literally dropped at the price they are asking for. AND 13 PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY WATCHING IT! Do people really have to wonder why scalpers are so hated in the community?

As for your situation, I would just go to the expo and have fun. These OUAT dolls are beautiful and all, and I would be torn on what to do if I had the chance to go myself, but they aren't worth becoming miserable over, especially if they would cause you to miss out on some of the panels and other merch. If you do decide to go for them, its entirely possible that the situation won't be nearly as bad as we are predicting it will be. And, again, I think we will get mass releases of these dolls later in the year anyways. Either way, D23 only comes every two years and this year's expo is supposed to be a big one, so I think you should just go and have a good time. :)

Wow, no that is an entirely new listing. I hadn't seen that one. It is actually the SECOND set sold by that person. They already sold one for $650 so I guess they decided to up the price to nearly a grand. Can you imagine what the scalpers are going to try and sell them for after the expo? Makes my blood boil...

Thanks. :) Yeah, I am just going to go and see what happens. I'm thinking I'd rather see the Muppets panel on Friday morning instead of waiting in line for merchandise anyway.

Last edited:
So depressing and upsetting.

Disney Store better release these dolls open edition. I just cannot get over how unfair it all is. 300 dolls total!!?? It's insanity. Fans have been waiting five years for the dolls and this is the cruelest way to release them.

Ridiculous. I'll just keep praying they are released open edition.

Wow, no that is an entirely new listing. I hadn't seen that one. It is actually the SECOND set sold by that person. They already sold one for $650 so I guess they decided to up the price to nearly a grand. Can you imagine what the scalpers are going to try and sell them for after the expo? Makes my blood boil...

Thanks. :) Yeah, I am just going to go and see what happens. I'm thinking I'd rather see the Muppets panel on Friday morning instead of waiting in line for merchandise anyway.

Its just ridiculous. Reselling isn't a bad thing, but good lord its situations like this that show why scalpers are so universally despised. The fact that the same person has already sold one set just makes this whole thing even worse! So yeah I would just have fun at the panels and not worry about it. Who knows, while you are wandering around and having fun, you may randomly get a chance to snag a set regardless even if you don't wait in line.

So depressing and upsetting.

Disney Store better release these dolls open edition. I just cannot get over how unfair it all is. 300 dolls total!!?? It's insanity. Fans have been waiting five years for the dolls and this is the cruelest way to release them.

Ridiculous. I'll just keep praying they are released open edition.

I completely agree. All these years of waiting only for it to result in this. I am still positive that we will get mass release versions though. The packaging just seems to imply that these are just a special early release two pack, so I have hope that we will get them later this year or early next year. Plus, they refer to these dolls as a part of the Once Upon a Time "Collection". I'm gonna be pretty peeved if Disney makes this the only way to get these dolls.

Its just ridiculous. Reselling isn't a bad thing, but good lord its situations like this that show why scalpers are so universally despised. The fact that the same person has already sold one set just makes this whole thing even worse! So yeah I would just have fun at the panels and not worry about it. Who knows, while you are wandering around and having fun, you may randomly get a chance to snag a set regardless even if you don't wait in line.

I completely agree. All these years of waiting only for it to result in this. I am still positive that we will get mass release versions though. The packaging just seems to imply that these are just a special early release two pack, so I have hope that we will get them later this year or early next year. Plus, they refer to these dolls as a part of the Once Upon a Time "Collection". I'm gonna be pretty peeved if Disney makes this the only way to get these dolls.

Haha, yes, maybe I'll be lucky and be in the right place at the right time! To me I'd like to have them as part of the experience of being there at the expo and getting them signed, etc. so if I don't get them there, I most certainly won't be getting them from a scalper on eBay afterwards.

And if Disney does come out with OUAT dolls later this year, I just hope the outfits are as detailed as these.

11745382_858861720872254_8217413138498618016_n.jpg

Official photo from the D23 website!

So Disney Store made their announcement for what's being revealed at the expo --pretty much the same info as what's already been released --but I am a bit concerned about the wording. Both announcements say the "collection" is exclusive to the expo; it doesn't say just these dolls are exclusive, it says the "collection" is exclusive. And there is no mention that these will be released later in any form, yet they do mention the Heroes and Villains set will be released in stores later.

"Disney Store will introduce the Once Upon a Time Snow White and Evil Queen Doll Collection, available exclusively at D23 EXPO. Limited to an edition of 300, the doll collection, inspired by ABC Studios’ television series Once Upon a Time, brings to life the beauty, magic and charm of the iconic fairytale characters from the show."

So Disney Store made their announcement for what's being revealed at the expo --pretty much the same info as what's already been released --but I am a bit concerned about the wording. Both announcements say the "collection" is exclusive to the expo; it doesn't say just these dolls are exclusive, it says the "collection" is exclusive. And there is no mention that these will be released later in any form, yet they do mention the Heroes and Villains set will be released in stores later.

"Disney Store will introduce the Once Upon a Time Snow White and Evil Queen Doll Collection, available exclusively at D23 EXPO. Limited to an edition of 300, the doll collection, inspired by ABC Studios’ television series Once Upon a Time, brings to life the beauty, magic and charm of the iconic fairytale characters from the show."

I think they will clarify all of this at the expo when they reveal everything. They usually introduce all of this merch in front of the store before they actually sell anything don't they? That is what they did in this video:

[video=youtube;EJwnsxgAG3Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJwnsxgAG3Q[/video]

But I really hope these don't end up being exclusives after all of this stress and backlash. OUAT has become popular enough that they would literally be loosing money by not selling these as mass release items! And making them LE 300 is only adding insult to injury seeing only a handful of people will ever actually own them.

These dolls are so gorgeous.. I am hoping my friend will be able to get me one, she's hoping to get the Hans and Elsa set, so she said she wouldn't mind picking one up for me if she could! Man, I really hate how they being scalped like crazy already. Really is a big stab in the heart for OUAT fans and doll collectors alike :C

Amm I think you should just go and enjoy. Because if you try and don't get the dolls, you will be doll-less AND pissed that you wasted your time... and you can try for the panel and get an autograph to frame in case we get mass dolls later... and yeah since you spent so much money to go then enjoy the panels and the celebs you like and the atmosphere, let the scalpers get their dolls, they'll waste their expo in lines and you'll have awesome memories!

Amm I think you should just go and enjoy. Because if you try and don't get the dolls, you will be doll-less AND pissed that you wasted your time... and you can try for the panel and get an autograph to frame in case we get mass dolls later... and yeah since you spent so much money to go then enjoy the panels and the celebs you like and the atmosphere, let the scalpers get their dolls, they'll waste their expo in lines and you'll have awesome memories!

Thanks! :) You're completely right. I've been going back and forth about it in my mind, and I've decided just to see how it goes for now. It all depends on how I feel when I get there and I see what the lines are like, etc.

Yeah exactly, just see how it plays out on the day. As someone else said, maybe the opportunity will present itself when you least expect it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back