• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Once Upon a Time Merchandise/Dolls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once Upon a Time Merchandise/Dolls
I...I really don't know what to make of this. I don't think its real. If it was, then I am sure someone would have given us this information by now. I am praying, and I mean PRAYING, that it is though. I have wanted these dolls for so long, and judging by how they are selling on eBay, I highly doubt I will ever own them otherwise.

I don't either, I says the source is disney so who knows. I guess we'll just have to keep our eyes open for anything else?

I really want to like these as I'm a huge fan but they just look like Barbie in once clothes. Deffo don't look worth any more than previous film collection dolls! I heard another company is releasing detailed once upon time action figures- more excited for them tbh

Oh my gosh. Thank you. You wouldn't believe how many pictures I went through trying to compare to figure that out...

Haha you're welcome. I always figured they were 12 inch, but I know there was a lot debate on that issue. Here is a picture of Lana Parrilla with them if you wan't another comparison.

tumblr_nt5cqeHofd1tp9tvoo1_500.jpg

Last edited:
The easiest way to tell what size the doll is is by looking at their hand shape. The twelve inch dolls have a softer curved look to them while 17in dolls have flat hands.

I don't either, I says the source is disney so who knows. I guess we'll just have to keep our eyes open for anything else?

It's been a topic of discussion for a while on other social media pages. Many people suspect that the author of the story about LE6000 dolls coming out in a second run, misinterpreted the D23 blog detailing the releases at D23. That D23 blog indicated the LE300 D23 exclusive OUAT set AND the DFDC 3 / Heroes vs. Villains set, which mentioned that the DFDC3 set of dolls would be available for order starting September 29th (and those are the LE6000 dolls)

It's been a topic of discussion for a while on other social media pages. Many people suspect that the author of the story about LE6000 dolls coming out in a second run, misinterpreted the D23 blog detailing the releases at D23. That D23 blog indicated the LE300 D23 exclusive OUAT set AND the DFDC 3 / Heroes vs. Villains set, which mentioned that the DFDC3 set of dolls would be available for order starting September 29th (and those are the LE6000 dolls)

That's what I thought as well, Of all the dolls released, I think that these ones are only going to go up, 300 is such a low number. One more doll set I won't own! oh well

Dang. I was really hoping to get a Regina doll since I missed out at D23. I'm still hoping that maybe, somehow there's some truth to the 9/29 release...

I'm not saying that there won't be more OUAT dolls, not just these two specifically in a 2-pack. If we do see 2-pack of dolls, there are plenty of dark Regina outfits that would go well with Outlaw Snow. Or Wedding Snow & Wedding Charming. Or Outlaw Snow and about-to-get married Charming. The possibilities are endless....well, depending on licensing rights, etc.

Pretty sure that each of the five people on the panel (not including the moderator/questioner) got a set of the dolls for themselves....so, the question is, were they prototypes or part of the LE300 and that means only 295 were sold?

I'm not saying that there won't be more OUAT dolls, not just these two specifically in a 2-pack. If we do see 2-pack of dolls, there are plenty of dark Regina outfits that would go well with Outlaw Snow. Or Wedding Snow & Wedding Charming. Or Outlaw Snow and about-to-get married Charming. The possibilities are endless....well, depending on licensing rights, etc.

Pretty sure that each of the five people on the panel (not including the moderator/questioner) got a set of the dolls for themselves....so, the question is, were they prototypes or part of the LE300 and that means only 295 were sold?

If I remember correctly the one they gave to Jane Lynch was a pre-production.

I wondered this too as one of the creators of the show (can't remember who now) said his favorite Disney item was the doll set, and I'm sure they gave a set each to Ginnifer Goodwin and Lana Parrilla.

And I agree, the story of an LE 6000 release of OUAT dolls is wrong. Someone got it mixed up with the Heroes and Villains release.

It disappoints me beyond belief that there isn't any ONCE line coming out this year. Disney is missing out on a huge money opportunity by not making these a mass release line of dolls. I don't think I am ever going to get over the fact that if I do want to get these dolls, then I am going to have to pay over $1000 (the price may go down somewhat, but they will always be expensive). If they had at LEAST had a higher LE number, perhaps one similar to the exclusive Elsa and Hans set, then maybe the price wouldn't be as bad and more people could have gotten them. Disney really dropped the ball this time.

On the bright side, at least we are getting some nice merch for the show in the coming months. The detailed action figures that were announced at Comic Con, the POP figures, and so on.

Last edited:
I fear the OUAT will only go up because the LE size is so ridiculously low. The only way I see the prices coming down is if Disney comes out with a line of OUAT dolls sometime soon. The price would also come down if people just refused to pay so much for these dolls, but sadly, I don't see that happening. Of course, you never know. The price of Wedding Cinderella has gone down considerably since she was first released, so maybe after the hype dies down, the price of the OUAT dolls will also go down? There always tends to be a slight dip in asking price once the sellers start flooding the market. Problem is, these dolls will attract not just doll collectors but also OUAT fans who might otherwise not be interested in dolls.

I fear the OUAT will only go up because the LE size is so ridiculously low. The only way I see the prices coming down is if Disney comes out with a line of OUAT dolls sometime soon. The price would also come down if people just refused to pay so much for these dolls, but sadly, I don't see that happening. Of course, you never know. The price of Wedding Cinderella has gone down considerably since she was first released, so maybe after the hype dies down, the price of the OUAT dolls will also go down? There always tends to be a slight dip in asking price once the sellers start flooding the market. Problem is, these dolls will attract not just doll collectors but also OUAT fans who might otherwise not be interested in dolls.

I think disney will make more OUAT dolls. I mean why go through all that trouble of making new face moulds when your only going to sell 300?

I've been watching the OUAT dolls on ebay and it looks like the prices are starting to drop slightly. So if anyone is interested in these it might be wise to watch and wait a while. If no one buys them at these ridiculous prices, sellers will be forced to lower their prices.

Maybe they have to pay the actresses too much in licensing fees? Isn't that why there's not a lot of Giselle merchandise?

I doubt it. They made the live action Cinderella dolls both for the movie collection and the le ones. I'm sure that Disney will make more of either a higher edition size or a general release.

Last edited:
I doubt it. They made the live action Cinderella dolls both for the movie collection and the one ones. I'm sure that Disney will make more of either a higher edition size or a general release.

The new season starts the end of September --- maybe we'll see something then? (fingers crossed!)

Oh my, OUAT dolls! :fig: I sure hope this is the start of more merchandise for this series, I would love to see extra cast members make it to doll form. Those outfits look so gorgeous in doll form, OUAT is perfect for this type of merchandise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back