• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! One of the nicest things anyone has EVER done for me! Thank you docfish2u!

ZAPPED! One of the nicest things anyone has EVER done for me! Thank you docfish2u!

Masamune

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I got home from work this evening to find a package from America. I currently have no trades that are due to arrive, so I simply assumed that it was a pin I had recently bought off eBay. I opened the envelope, only to find another envelope inside. Well, half of one. Without looking inside the envelope first, I just reached in and pulled out what was in it. This was what I found!

FrankenPins.jpg

:shock: Wait, what? How do I have this set? I've been looking to trade for this set, but haven't managed to do so. And yet here it is, in my hand, more awesome than I ever thought it could be. Thank goodness there was a note! It simply said this:

"Hi Lindsay,

I saw you were looking for these on DPF so I am zapping you with them.

I hope you enjoy them."

:) The person did give their name, but I wanted to thank that person personally before revealing their name to everyone else. As soon as they have given me the OK, I will gladly shout their name from the rooftops!

Needless to say, I am touched. :cry: Honestly, this isn't just one of the nicest things anyone has done for me in pin trading. It's actually one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me in my whole life. I have only traded with this person twice in the past. For them to have done this for me, to have given me such a beautiful set as a complete surprise, it's just so hard to describe how that makes me feel.

All I can say is thank you. Thank you SO much, from the bottom of my heart. :angel: This means more to me than you could ever know, and I will do my best to repay your incredible kindness someday. Thank you!

Last edited:
We may have only traded twice, but you completed one of my sets in one of them and gave me a great trade in the other. I have enjoyed our trades and hope to have many more. Besides I am keeping my great pin karma going.

I am so happy you liked your little surprise. Now who is going to be next? Tis the season of giving!!!

Happy pin trading to all!!!

Happy for you Lindsay :) must feel great to get something so awesome out of the blue. My day a zap happens is still to come so until then I will continue to be the grail getter for our little manchester group teehee

We may have only traded twice, but you completed one of my sets in one of them and gave me a great trade in the other. I have enjoyed our trades and hope to have many more. Besides I am keeping my great pin karma going.

I am so happy you liked your little surprise. Now who is going to be next? Tis the season of giving!!!

Happy pin trading to all!!!
Thanks again David. :) I put them with my other Frankenweenie pins last night and they're HUGE! They're definitely my new favourite Frankenweenie pins, and I doubt that is ever going to change because of how much they mean to me aside from the fact that it's a beautiful set. I saw the other threads with your name on them too. You are one amazing person David, thank you!

:D And thanks to everyone else! It's things like this that really remind you of what a great community pin trading houses. :hug:

I am so happy to see that you got this set, and in such a lovely way.

David was gracious enough to do my very first trade ever when I was a newb without a single reference to my name; he truly reflects what pin trading was intended for.

This is a nice pin set I ve had some nice trades with docfish2u in fact just got a trade from doc this morning so that is funny (nice Tangled , Brave and Lilo and stitch pin,
they have been spreading the goodwill well done!! hehe :stitch:

I am so happy to see that you got this set, and in such a lovely way.

David was gracious enough to do my very first trade ever when I was a newb without a single reference to my name; he truly reflects what pin trading was intended for.
:) That's so wonderful.

:p My friends know how hard it is to surprise me as well, which makes it even more special!

Back