• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Only collecting based on certain films/characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only collecting based on certain films/characters
When it comes to pins I have a few specific movie and character collections but if I go for merchandise other than pins? Donald. Specifically and generally only Donald. I have the tsum tsum mini, plushies, shirts, hats, a little bust of him in a devil Halloween costume, my parents are even seeing if they can find actual Donald Duck rubber duckies (for some reason they keep buying me rubber duckies, so I guess I'm collecting those now, too!). :donald:

I collect Boo from Momters Inc. I'm a completist, so while my pins are in (boring) display cases (no imagination about them), I have an inventory in a document.

i also collect Minnie Moonlit Madness, Magic Music Days, and Club 33 (I posted pics of my collection here a bit ago).

I'm trying to clear out other Disney pins/buttons, so I could be generous with trades, but have a short wants list.

I also collected a few of the 17" princess dolls, but had to stop. They're just too big.

And I collected Pooh beanies--not the other characters, just Pooh. I traded with this lady from the UK for about 20--I'd send her US ones, she'd send me UK ones. I have over 250 Poohs--a veritable pile of Pooh. And I broke down and took pics of them--so if you're missing onerous wonder if they made a "Pooh as ______", I can show you what it looks like.

My general rule is "If you like it, then it's worthy of your collection." However, my issue is that there are so many things I like. I guess focusing my collection helps me with that problem. Like right now, I'm really focusing on my Tinks. It's a form of self-control, I suppose. Once I get all the Tinks I like, I'll move on to the next thing.

I'm obsessed with frozen so I want that to be my main collection and also stitch but other than that, if I like it I buy it..it's a real problem haha

I'm actually new to collecting! So for now it is just Tangled. EVERYTHING Tangled.. my friends think I am crazy hahaha!! I have 4 of the 6 Tangled dolls. Purple Rapunzel, Designer Rapunzel, Wedding Rapunzel, and the Designer Mother Gothel, the 3 designer mugs; Designer Mother Gothel, Designer Rapunzel and Designer Rapunzel and Flynn., all 3 notebooks; Designer Rapunzel, Designer Mother Gothel, and Designer Flynn and Rapunzel. I also collect the ornaments, figures, blankets, and everything else! One of my best friends took me to WDW for my first time this past November. I can NOT wait to go back again. But Mass is so far :'(

I only collected the Lion King ones. But then I became a member of this forum, lol.

I still do only mainly collect Lion King, but just the ones I like. There's a good few I don't want.

My main collection has always been The Little Mermaid. I have a enormous collection that I am very proud of with original items from movie release. 80% of it is in a storage unit though which is sad, but we move around too much and fear things getting lost or damaged. I do collect anything Disney that catches my eyes. I also have specific Disney things that I collect like: pins, snowglobes, figurines, dolls, mugs, towels, plushes from various characters and movies. Ariel has always been my number one though and that will never change.

I currently collect anything to do with the Live Action Cinderella movie. I fell in love and I couldn't be happier. There's a pic on my flickr, tho not updated yet. https://www.flickr.com/photos/118562346@N06/

I've gotten quite a bit of 2015 Cinderella merchandise as well! Now I'm just waaaaiting for the DVD so I can watch the film every day. I really hope Disney Store releases some lithographs with the dvd (specifically her in the swing and her dress transformation and their wedding kiss). That would be a dream come true.

On your Flickr, something caught my eye and I can't help but say that I LOVE that Hot Toys Star Lord. I didn't know he existed and now I want him. Your coworkers doll scene is amazing!

I've gotten quite a bit of 2015 Cinderella merchandise as well! Now I'm just waaaaiting for the DVD so I can watch the film every day. I really hope Disney Store releases some lithographs with the dvd (specifically her in the swing and her dress transformation and their wedding kiss). That would be a dream come true.

On your Flickr, something caught my eye and I can't help but say that I LOVE that Hot Toys Star Lord. I didn't know he existed and now I want him. Your coworkers doll scene is amazing!

I hope they do lithographs for it. They didn't do em for Maleficent or Oz. Plus I find it weird that no info about the Bluray, or its preorder, is available yet and Aladdin's went up today. Thank you, I love my Starlord. I love Chris Pratt in general! <3

I hope they do lithographs for it. They didn't do em for Maleficent or Oz. Plus I find it weird that no info about the Bluray, or its preorder, is available yet and Aladdin's went up today. Thank you, I love my Starlord. I love Chris Pratt in general! <3

I know! Aladdin Bluray is available for preorder, but not Cinderella? What's going on over at Disney headquarters??? Lol.

Chris Pratt is incredible. I've been a fan since Season One of Parks and Rec. I've never seen any Jurassic Park movies but he makes me want to see the new one!

Ummm......NO! I do not collect just one theme, I collect ALL themes, lol!! Though I do have a penchant for 101 Dalmatians, as my original goals when I began this hobby way too long ago, were A) to get 101 different Dalmatian pins (think I'm over 300 now) and B) to get at least one pin of as many different characters as I could (which keeps me going as they keep making new ones and I've been falling behind). I've tried to frame most by movies, if I have enough from that movie to do so, but I've run out of allowed wall space (wife only allows me to clutter up certain rooms lol) Still, it's been a blast and so it continues. :)

My main collection is Tarzan, which takes up an entire room (really need to get around to posting pics of it here...) But I collect most other Disney movies in general, and some parks things. Pretty much whatever I like I buy.

My main collection is Tarzan, which takes up an entire room (really need to get around to posting pics of it here...) But I collect most other Disney movies in general, and some parks things. Pretty much whatever I like I buy.

Oh, please post pictures! I would love to see an entire room dedicated to a Tarzan theme! I love seeing the hard work, dedication and pride fellow members exhibit in these displays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back