• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Opinions needed on a Frozen Snowflake OE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opinions needed on a Frozen Snowflake OE

AmandaAutumn

Just let the snow man be!
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A friend received this pin today. They are concerned it may be a fake due to the uneven glitter and smudging I believe it is real, but defected. The back seems fine. We would like a second opinion :) Thanks everyone!

ITy3tIW.jpg

YLq491X.jpg

We bought from the same person so I was curious as well. Although I am almost certain it is legitimate.

One thing we both noticed is that there are a few glitter spots that are different Colour. She found gold, red and green. I found red and green.

I just think these are random fly away specks :)

I thought that these pins used to have the SKU number printed on the back of the pin. Can somebody confirm please?

I am pretty sure that the left side of those boxes should have the SKU number printed in black. I can not see yours very well from the camera's glare, but from what I see, yours does not have the SKU printed.

Once I get home, I will look to see if there is a SKU printed on the back.

There are SO MANY defective Frozen snowflakes out there, it is ridiculous. I must have gone through 50-100 of them at Westward Ho one day to find five that were fine (still had small defects but not as big as the ones I saw). Many had gashes/missing glitter on the side (either near Anna's shoulder or Elsa's shoulder), dips on Anna's sleeve, missing pupil (so all white eye), missing whites of the eyes (so all blue or sometimes all silver).

Starry, when we were at DLR in Feb., they had quite of few of these pins in stock. I never bought one because there
were so many imperfections. The princesses were cloudy, or the blue shiny stuff was incomplete, or the gems were
gone. I will check to see if ours has the # on the back (I had already bought 2 for kids on ebay). And yes it does
have the sku # printed sideways to the left of the box. Hope this helps.

Starry, when we were at DLR in Feb., they had quite of few of these pins in stock. I never bought one because there
were so many imperfections. The princesses were cloudy, or the blue shiny stuff was incomplete, or the gems were
gone. I will check to see if ours has the # on the back (I had already bought 2 for kids on ebay). And yes it does
have the sku # printed sideways to the left of the box. Hope this helps.

It was crazy looking for ones with just slight imperfections.

luckily mine isn't TOO bad but there are imperfections.

Glittery is on Elsas hair, like, a good streak of glitter, and some paint of missing on elsas shoulders, near the edge.

Did it come wrapped in plastic? The ones I purchased from WDW came factory sealed in little plastic baggies. I think that might be one way to tell? When I was at WDW in December there were only a few of these out but they were in all in good shape. I think that was before all the Frozen craziness really got underway though so I think the newer ones were factory rushed and just weren't made as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back