• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Organizing Collections

Status
Not open for further replies.
Organizing Collections

Tokaji

Super Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
So I'm starting to design and build my pin boards and sort my pins a bit. Right now I only have a "general" board that has mostly pins that relate to specific parks or events and is a bit of a "scrapbook" board too, to commemorate my wife and I's trip.

My question is, how do you organize a pin that fits into two collections? What criteria do you use to figure out which collection it goes with? My bit ones here are topiaries, which cover all kinds of different areas. Do I put them with topiaries or with the category they represent?

So the main collections I have are hidden mickey and figment. I tend to put the hidden mickeys first, then try and focus on the figment. I feel the set is more important than the character.

Hope that helped!

I personally divide mine by series , for example I have all the Villaintines pins which includes Jafar & Scar which could go with their own respective displays but I prefer to keep as a Villaintines lot .
Although if it was a mystery pin like the recent Villains quotes series , I'd look for two of the relevant pins .
If something I have doesn't fit any of my current displays they go into pin bags , ready for when I inevitably start a new collection .

Play around with it and see what looks/feels best to you. I treat this problem differently depending on the collection. When it comes to Disney characters (for me, this would be Snow White, Belle, and... otters), I prefer to group certain pins by sets rather than break them up by characters. This applies more to stylized sets like vinylmations, sorcerer hats, etc. When it comes to park pins, however, I only arrange them by lands and attractions, because that makes the most sense to me. So if I had a topiary set from EPCOT (or wherever, I'm not super familiar with those), I'd want to break it up by Future World/World Showcase countries, rather than keep the set together.

I have no idea if that made sense or if it's helpful. Good luck, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back