Our WDW trip. Warning, long with lots of pics!

Discussion in 'Disney Chat' started by Snoffsan, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Snoffsan

Snoffsan Active Member

Rating - 100%
    52   0   0

Just a warning. Since we went for almost 4 weeks this time this will be a LOOOONG story!

After a countdown that felt like several years, our 7th trip to Walt Disney world finally began to come really close. June 9th our girls graduated from school. They thought we were going to Orlando June 13th but on their party we told them that we were going to leave the next day so that they could celebrate their 13th birthday at Disney!

So came the morning of the 10th and we spent the whole day traveling. Started out with a glass of bubbles 4.35 am at the airport. :D
    24 hours door to door and we were beat but happy when we drove up to Dawny’s beautiful house! We are so happy to be able to stay at her house. It’s the most beautiful house ever and we are totally going to rent rooms there our next trip too! We unpacked and wrapped a few gifts for the girls and went to bed to have lots of energy for the girls big day.

So can June 11th. The day when my babies would turn teenagers! I had planned the whole day full of surprises. We started out at Grand Floridian. The girls got to get their hair done at Ivy Trellis.

Before pic:

[​IMG]

I really have to tell you that their Perfect Princess package was better than the BBB package by far! Now of course I would probably still go for the BBB package if the girls would have been young but for a new teenager this was perfect.

[​IMG]

They made their hair look so beautiful! Together with the dresses I made for them and the tiaras that was included in the package they truly looked like princesses.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We spend most of the days doing meets and greets to get nice photos.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We had lunch at Be our Guest and ended the day with dinner at 1900th park fare together with Dawn and her husband. The Grand Floridian gave the girls a cake as a gift. The amazing Stephanie had something to do with that and we are very grateful. It really was a perfect day.

[​IMG]

The morning of the 12th we had another surprise for them. It was the new character breakfast with Ariel, Eric, Rapunzel and Flynn. We loved it! And yes, we totally swooned at the smoulder! :) We did not do any parks that day but went shopping instead. 

[​IMG]

June 13th we did a few hours of walking around at Epcot. Love that park!
    June 14ht came the day when we were going to see Pandora for the first time. It was magical!

And yeah sorry about this. We are kind of a normal family, sometimes :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And yes, those are the Avatar ears I made, and they glow in the dark!!!

[​IMG]

We went on Passage of Flight twice. It is by far the coolest ride I have ever been on! Worth the wait in line for sure! We also tried some fun Pandorian food and drinks and went on some other rides.

[​IMG]

June 15th we had one more surprise for the girls. To keep the story short we started a bucket list of trying to stay at least one night at all the Disney resorts. We only have a few so far so it will take us a long time but anyway we told them that we would stay at Port Orleans riverside but we surprised them with the Royal guest room. It was so beautiful! We spend the whole day at the pool and enjoying the resort.

[​IMG]

The next day we went back to Animal Kingdom to visit Pandora again and go on the Navi river ride. I was not as amused by that as the flight of passage. It was beautiful but short and not to exciting. Im happy I did it once but I won’t use a fastpass and probably wont stand in line for it again.

The 17th we went to a pin trading event at a hotel at Disney springs. It was only the second pin event I’ve ever been to and I had a great time. Made some amazing trades. I made one really bad trade where I got ripped off with a few fake pins. That still bugs me. It was a kind of a grail pin for the girls and I should have looked closer. I did the trade mostly to be nice to the woman I was trading with since I had some many of her grails so I knew it was lopsided already but she wanted my pins so bad so me and the girls kind of just picked pins we just kind of liked so that she could get all the ones she wanted. She wanted like 30 of my pins so we tried to find about 10 good ones so that it would at least be an ok trade. That “grail†pin was the one that made me still think it was ok even though it was lopsided. So when I got home and discovered it was fake it felt soooo bad. But I learned my lesson. Won’t be that careless again. And I will be very careful with making huge trades like that. I felt stressed with the amount of pins and did not look closely at the pins the girls picked. Lesson learned! We did make some amazing trades as well so I wont let that trade destroy how happy we was for all the good trades we made!

June 18th we did something really cool! We went to Disney’s Vero Beach resort for a night. It was so relaxing. I really loved that place! The beach was amazing and the pool and the activities was amazing. Had such a good time with Dawn and her husband there. The only bad thing was that my husband lost our gopro in the sea. Don’t really care about the camera but was sad that we lost all the recordings we mad so far. The girls graduation and their birthday, the first walk into Avatar land and so on. But after a glass of wine and some taking care of the kids that also got swept away by the big wave that took the camera we decided to not even let that destroy our vacation. We had a nice birthday dinner for the girls and had a lot of fun around the hotel that evening.

[​IMG]

The next morning we woke up to a beautiful sunrise. Went out to the beach to take some photos and found a new turtles nest. We decided to wait for the Disney wildlife people to come and spend at least an hour getting educated about the turtles on that beach. We also got to see when they dug the nest up to locate the eggs so that they could mark the right area. It was absolutely amazing. I’ve always loved turtles and have been lucky enough to see one while diving ones so I was so lucky to get this chance. Only wish we could have been there when they hatch as well!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The 20th and 21st we spent the whole day in front of weather channel. We were supposed to go up to stay with HandA and his family for a few days but the storm Cindy really freaked us out. We are not used to that kind of weather in Sweden. Give us a snowstorm and we could drive in it any day but an 8 hour drive through a storm to go to an area with severe flood and tornado warnings got the best of us and we decided to stay back in Orlando where we were safe. This was a major disappointment for us because we had really looked forward to see them and Pensacola.

The 22nd we decided to do a few park hours more and went to Hollywood Studios for some family fun. There was almost no lines for any charachter so we met a lot of them!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Anyway now we had a calm few days without any big plans ahead so we just took it easy. Did some shopping and went to IKEA. Funny enough we got a Swedish cashier! We decided to make the best of these days anyway and started to plan a big Midsummers day’s celebration. June 23rd is Midsummers day in Sweden. It’s a really old tradition. We celebrate the longest day of the year, the sun never sets so it never gets dark. We celebrate by eating strange food, drinking schnapps and singing stupid songs. We made sure that Dawn and Terry got to experience this. We had a really funny day!

Beautiful midsummers girls

[​IMG]

The day after we decided to drink around about half the world at Epcot. The girls ran around a bit on their own and we just had a great day in the sun having drinks. That was our last calm day for a while.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The girls also got to meet the dogs (remember the dog that helpt Ida run her first Disney race) for a while and they were super happy. Who doesent love puppies!

[​IMG]

Now the crazy was about to start!
    The 25th my friend Jen arrived. We met through a charity concert (Spencer Bell Legacy for those that would like to learn more about an amazing musician who left this world way to early) thing so not through Disney but since she now works at Disney we have 2 things in common and I’m so happy every time we get together. This was also the day Dancecats arrived. She is of course one of my favorite person and we were so happy that she was able to come to Orlando for a few days to spend time with us. We spent our first day at Hollywood studios where we met some pretty cool characters!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The next day the rest of our gang came when my friend Sapphire and her son Dom arrived. We met Sapphire through the same charity concert thing as Jen some they also knew each other from before. Was amazing to be able to get my American friends together to get to know each other. We met for dinner at Disney springs since Sapphire and Dom only had a 3 day ticket for the parks.

[​IMG]

And now the real crazy began.3 days of trying to show Sapphire and Dominic everything at Disney in a very limited amount of time :D
    The 27th we went to Epcot. We had a really fun day with rides, sun, LOTS of rain and a dolphin show. I made us all matching t-shirts but somehow I cant fine one picture of the whole gang, except this one with raincoats on.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The 28th we went to Hollywood Studios where we ones again met lots of cool characters and the kids went to do the Jedi training. It was very appreciated!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also, if you go to Hollywood Studios super early after a drink around the world night at EPCOT the day before this can happen if you go to Frozen Sing-a-long :D

[​IMG]

The 29th was the craziest day of them all. We had a whole day planned at Magic Kingdom. From opening to closing. This is a stupid thing to do, especially when it’s like 100 degrees and 100% humidity! But when your friend never been to Disney and only have one day to see MK you do what you have to do!
    [​IMG]
    We started the morning by giving the kids mermaid and pirates makeovers at the pirates league.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Then we went for breakfast at 1900 park fare.

[​IMG]

It’s really was super hot that day and sometime after the parade people started to feel drained. Unfortunally Sapphire felt so bad that she had to leave and Dawn and Jen went with her but Dom really wanted to stay so me ad Anders took all the kids and went on. Dom found out that he really liked roller-coaster so we went on every one in the park and had a great time. We stayed until the new fireworks that was so amazing! When we left the park we had been there for 14 hours straight, I had over 26000 steps on my fitbit. And well let’s just say my body is not made for that. I was in so much pain and had these strange bruises all over my legs from exhaustion, but we all agreed that it was the best day ever so it was all worth it!

[​IMG]

The next day all of the friends went home and we spend the day in the pool trying to get back on our feet. We ended the day with dinner at our all time favorite Disney restaurant Shulas.

[​IMG]

The day after that we just went shopping a bit but still tried to take it as easy as possible.

Then came July 2nd and this was supposed to be our last park day. We decided to go to Magic Kingdom.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My girls got the idea that they wanted to cut their hair off. They had read that in USA you could donate your hair to make wigs for people who got cancer but could not afford to buy a wig. We decided to walk buy the barber on main street and ask if they could squeeze them in but unfortunally they were fully booked. The girl did not want to give up the idea on donating their hair while at Disney though so after walking around a bit at MK we decided to leave early and go back to Ivy Trellis at the Grand Floridian where they got their hair done on their birthday. So instead of spending their last park day in a park they decided they really wanted to do this. I have to admit that I was a bit sceptic at first. I wanted to stay at MK and I really love their long hair but they convinced me by saying that their hair would grow out quick and that they really wanted to give someone else the chance of feeling better in a hard situation, so off we went! The requirement for donating hair was to cut 9 inches. The girls ended up cutting 12†each and I felt so proud over the sacrifice my girls did. Their hair came out amazing and they suddenly looks like the teenager they are. I love their new hair as much as they do. Do we packed the hair together with a letter about them donating it while at Disney and posted it so now hopefully someone out there will have a nice wig because of my girls <3

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Our last day we decided to do just a few more minutes in a park so we went to Animal Kingdom for a lunch and got a few photos of the girls in their new hair.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And then came the sad day when we had to say good bye to Dawny and her beautiful dream house and go back to Sweden.

[​IMG]

It was a tearful goodbye, and yes we already started the countdown to our next trip!
    211 days…
    And now I applaud you if you got through this loooong story about our trip LOL!

2. Shelterkat

Shelterkat A Very Merry Unbirthday!

Rating - 100%
    253   0   0

That was wonderful and thank you so much for posting. I really enjoy your trip reports! And the girls look so grown up with their new haircuts!

3. sbmpins

sbmpins Pin Trader

Rating - 100%
    68   0   0

This read was a great way to start my day! Love the new hair cuts!

4. Purplemandms

Purplemandms Like the candy!

Rating - 100%
    51   0   0

Oh hooray! I'm so glad that the Grand Floridian makeovers (and the haircuts!) worked out. Your daughters had a wonderful idea to donate their hair! If there's any special thing that really shows growing up in Disney-language, it's drastic hairstyle changes.

[​IMG]

Thank you for the lovely report!

P.S. I'm in LOVE with all those creative outfits!

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  5. Snoffsan

Snoffsan Active Member

Rating - 100%
    52   0   0

Thanks guys. Yeah I really love their new hair cuts too. They really do look older!

6. caw caw rawr

caw caw rawr Squirrel!

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0

What a wonderful trip! Thanks for sharing!

7. CCofRR13

CCofRR13 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    90   0   0

Looks like a wonderful trip. Wow, how amazing of your girls to donate their gorgeous hair. They look so grown up with their new cuts.

8. FoolishMortal71

FoolishMortal71 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

What an action packed vacation! As one of my Disney BFFs always says "sleep is for when we're not at Disney!" And what a lovely thing for your girls to do to help out others.

9. mickeymousje

mickeymousje Active Member

Rating - 100%
    376   0   1

Sounds like a amazing trip! Sorry to hear about the gopro and the bad trade, but happy you still had a great time after all! Such a good thing of the girls donating their hair! Really loved reading your trip report :D