• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Out of traders!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of traders!

flaneur

DPF Tourist
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I just traded away the last of my traders for keepers. Time to buy new traders! Unfortunately, those were the last of my park-purchased pins and I don't live near any Disney properties. Guess I will have to be cautious in rebuilding my traders online :x:

I'm also thinking about buying multiples from the Disney Store website to trade away. Is that a normal way to go about it when living so far from a park?

Really bag plug here, but I have a lot of cheap pins (3.75 and above) listed on the sale forum........ Just a hint! :)

That might be a way some people do it, but I get a lot of requests for pins far away from Disney parks, so I tend to think people away from the parks look for deals online, either through a site like ebay or even other traders here on the forums. I'm also not sure where they are all, but I'd look up and see if there is a Disney outlet store by you, the prices at them to me aren't as good as they used to be but you might be able to pick up some good traders there as well :)

For me not being anywhere niether a disney store or park I buy my traders online and mostly are ds.com pins or US pins, I also pick up UK pins when I visit home every now and then. I do look through the sale threads as there can be HTF pins at low costs and if I can afford them then I may buy them as traders.

I buy from DisneyStore.com for traders as they are low edition and a lot of the park traders buy the park pins and do not want to invest in the DS pins too so it works out if you are looking to get LE Park Pins. We do have an outlet store here in Vegas but most of the time the pins are not that great of a mark down and what you are buying is what they were not able to sell at the parks so usually not great traders but on occasion I have found some good deals. Check the sale boards as they usually have some good pins for sale. Depends on what you are looking to spend I guess.

By outlet store, do you mean a Disney Store in a shopping mall? There is one in Indianapolis (Castleton), but last time I was there they did not have any pins. Lots of Vinylmation figures, but I don't collect those. I bought a couple traders from the pin forums, will probably do that more often and get in on the co-ops as well. Thank you for the replies and strategies :D

Outlet stores are clearance stores for Disney Park merchandise that they are trying to get rid of basically. I do not know where they all are just that they have one by Disneyland and one in Vegas. I know there are more of them but I do not know where.

Just to let you know I will be at D-Land next weekend! The Holiday weekend. If you would like me to pick up anything, just let me know. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back