• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Overseas Shipping Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overseas Shipping Question

lunarbasket

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
169   0   0
I asked this in another thread but rather than hijack that I figured i'd ask this here. I purchased a Rapunzel PTN pin off ebay from a seller in Luxembourg at the end of January and I was told they were shipping it out on the 31st. Seeing as there's no way to track the package, i'm wondering when I should start worrying and what, if anything, should I do?

This is my first oversea purchase not from a DPF member so I have no idea what to expect. The seller had 100% positive feedback, so if anything i'm worried about it possibly getting lost :anxious:

Although, a trade from Florida took about a week to get here...the postal system here is so screwed up right now I have no idea what's normal! :lol:

Thanks!

We have done trades with people from Hong Kong, France, Belgium, the UK and Germany, and have purchased items on ebay from the UK. Shipping times have varied from 1 week to 6 weeks, so I would not worry just yet. :)

Thanks! :) I've heard there's a large range for delivery times, I think i'm just anxious to add another Tangled pin to my collection lol!

Yeah, I'm also waiting on the Rapunzel booster set I bought and the PTN's I traded for that were shipped around the 31st as well. I wouldn't worry just yet. I'm also waiting on a POH pin that was supposed to ship three weeks ago and still isn't here!!! That one I'm losing patience with.....mail is definitely clogged up right now....

Hi Brittany - don't panic just yet!! Some of the packages I sent at the end of last year took anything up to 5 weeks to reach their new owners - in fact I'm still waiting for confirmation that packages have arrived to a few members from December & January. Typically it should take just over a week UK - US, Luxembourg is a new one on me! Don't forget your purchase is covered if you used Paypal!

Hi Brittany - don't panic just yet!! Some of the packages I sent at the end of last year took anything up to 5 weeks to reach their new owners - in fact I'm still waiting for confirmation that packages have arrived to a few members from December & January. Typically it should take just over a week UK - US, Luxembourg is a new one on me! Don't forget your purchase is covered if you used Paypal!

Paypal is still new to me so I didn't know that, thanks! That makes me feel a lot better :) I remember thinking that I got my pin from you way sooner than I thought I would (which is still one of my favorite pins - thanks again!)

erudolf, i'm also waiting on the Tangled booster set - I check my mail obsessively, it's driving my family crazy! I'm finding that the packages I thought would arrive first are more often than not the ones that arrive last. My FL trade for example - The pins I sent out arrived within 3-4 days while the pins that were coming to me took a week. I give up trying to figure out the mail :lol:

I am still waiting for a trade that was mailed January 9. I know mine got there (going the other way) and I am more than a little antsy! It is going on 6 weeks now. When do quit waiting and decide it's not coming? Also, is there an equivalent of Delivery Confirmation, or some number that shows a package was mailed?

My tangled booster set came today so now I'm just waiting on my PTN trade! :) I bet you get your booster set soon! ;)

Hahaha brittany, your tangled booster set was posted on Thursday so hope it will turn up next week, average postage from ireland is about 1-2 weeks or so I have found lol

Hahaha brittany, your tangled booster set was posted on Thursday so hope it will turn up next week, average postage from ireland is about 1-2 weeks or so I have found lol

Thanks Danny! :) That means it's time to find another board because my Tangled pins won't fit in the frame I made anymore lol

She's here! She's here! :chip:

Apparently all I needed to do was post for her to come :lol:

PTN.jpg

Don't worry yet - I am still waiting on a pin from the UK that was shipped 2 weeks ago, but after reading all the recent posts on slow overseas mail delivery, I'm not going to worry about it too much until after the 4 week mark.

hehehe happy she came and its always the way when you post about a pin not turning up they turn up the same day or the next day XD

very nice pin I kept one of her myself haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back