• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Paris PTN question (no photo)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paris PTN question (no photo)

cadien

DPF Nut
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I've received an offer on PinPics from a user actually in France that includes a PTN pin that I'd love to have. But it's a character that has about 500 $0.99 postings on eBay shipping from Hong Kong. (Maid Marion) I know the general scrapper indicators for stateside pins, but what about those in particular? Anything to look out for when requesting photos?

Thanks!

One of the ways I look for authenticity on PTN pins is by them being on their original card which should also have the matching bar code and name of the character for the pin. I don't know the scrapper differences for the Maid Marion pin though.

Yes, that is one of the ones you need to be careful of. The fact that the person is in France is a good sign, though. Does the person have a lot of PTN pins on their pinpics? Do they have ones from the same era as Marian? Those could all be indicators that they have legit pins.

Ask for a good clear photo of the back. I believe that for this one, one of the signs of a scrapper is a missing serial number on the back (I *think.* I don't remember this for sure).

Also ask for a good clear photo of the front.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back