• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Paris Refresh Lanyard Collection - Together At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paris Refresh Lanyard Collection - Together At Last

timeerkat

Your Friend Who Likes To Play
Rating - 100%
350   0   0
After several years of wonderful trades and lucky finds on ebay, my final Paris lanyard refresh pin has arrived to join the others!

As far as I can tell (and as far as pinpics shows), I am now a Paris Lanyard Refresh completist (well, up until November 2016, since I'm sure a new one is released at today's trade event. ;) ). A huge thank you to everyone on here who helped me out!

IMG_90712.jpg

So great to see them all together! Happy I could help you with a few of them, I had fun looking for them at the parks and seeing this picture makes me smile! What an awesome collection. Congrats!

giphy.gif

I was trying to decide my favourite one from all of these and I think the Rescuers pin is my favourite, closely followed by Bambi & his mother in the Christmas wreath :) Just out of curiosity: can you pick a favourite? A hard task!

I love these pins. I need the Peg one for my collection.. but you have an amazing collection.. and I love that they are on the France flag.

What an awesome collection, and I love your board! Love the Genie lamp, it's one I hope to have in my collection one day. :bigthumb: Being fairly new to pins, I'm not familiar with what Paris Lanyard Refresh pins are. Are they ones you can only get from cast members at DLP, kind of like some Hidden Mickeys are in the US?

Thanks, all! :) It took awhile to get them all, but I had a lot of fun putting this collection together. Lots of characters that I wouldn't have collected otherwise.

As for my favorite, that's easy. Timon! :D And then Robin Hood. There's a reason those two are in the center. ;) There's no rhyme or reason otherwise, except for no character is directly next to another character from the same movie.

mickeymousje - oh, that's right, I keep forgetting. Well, that just means one more month of being a completist, hehehe! ;)

trjessie - Yes, they're only released at DLP. At first you can only get them when you buy a cocktail at the official trading night, and then after awhile the rest get put out on cast member lanyards (like our Hidden Mickey pins).

Tessa, congrats! And I love the board!
Ksnuggles: I am pretty sure I have the Peg one. Let me double check that it's Paris. Pm me your address, I'm happy to send it to you!

Really like your collection!!!! The flag was a super creative idea to. I haven't thought of doing that before. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks, all! :) It took awhile to get them all, but I had a lot of fun putting this collection together. Lots of characters that I wouldn't have collected otherwise.

Is this why you fell down this particular collecting rabbit hole? :D I've been curious as to how you got started on this set, since it is a random assortment of characters and not just a favorite movie or something. It's always cool to hear how people get started on a collection.

I bought a Lion King pin lot that randomly had a few of these included (I want to say it was Terk and either Quasi or Hugo). I was planning on just using them as traders, but when they came I fell in love with how big and detailed and solidly built they were. I hadn't heard of the lanyard refresh pins before then, so I did some looking on pinpics and found the Robin Hood one. I tracked that down, and found a few others as well. And after I had about half a dozen from the series, I figured I may as well collect them all, since they were all so impressive, especially compared to our Hidden Mickeys! :)

That is an impressive and very cool collection!

I have a few of them myself and they really are great quality! Such a huge difference compared to the Hidden mickeys!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back