#Parkeology Challenge Run

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by Haunted575, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Haunted575

Haunted575 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    39   0   0

[​IMG]

So a few weeks ago, @lynn99 posted pins for sale to raise money for Give Kids The Rides as part of her Parkeology Challenge. Honestly, I had no idea what she was talking about. Cut to two days later and a coworker brought me the Wall Street Journal with an article about the PC on the front page and said “this sounds like you”. Cut to two hours later and I’m calling Michelle to get the deets. Cut to tomorrow August 17 and @lynn99 and I will be attempting to ride all open rides at all 4 WDW parks in one day. One day! Follow our ride by ride progress on twitter under @Msims42 and @Bellelotti (the name of my 2 lovable hounds). Clearly we should be sleeping now because it’s almost midnight but who can sleep at a time like this? Oh, did I mention there are 48 open rides at the moment ?!

For me, the hardest part of the challenge will be NOT stopping to look at pins on cast member lanyards.

Here is the Give Kids the Rides link for anyone who would like to donate.
    DIY Fundraiser 2018: Mrs. Michelle Sims - Give Kids The World Village

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

timeerkat, coblj003 and MerlinEmrys like this.
  2. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    169   0   0

I’ll be cheering you on. I’ve always thought something like that would be fun. But FP lines and effects have complicated things.

Remember to hydrate!

Haunted575 likes this.
  3. Haunted575

Rating - 100%
    39   0   0

Completed 24 rides at MK! Just arrived to Animal Kingdom

4. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    80   0   0

Wow! You can do it!

Haunted575 likes this.
  5. CCofRR13

CCofRR13 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    108   0   0

Wow....have fun!

6. Haunted575

Rating - 100%
    39   0   0

Cut to the morning after....all I can say is it was challenging! We had a plan, we had fast passes, we had fresh faces at 5am. Michelle completed 39 rides and I completed 45 out of the possible 48 open rides (Liberty Bell Riverboat is ride 49 but closed for refurb so thanks Liberty for giving us one less ride to do). We had so much fun doing the challenge and strategizing and just hanging out together. We are completely happy with our results as we wouldn’t have changed anything we did - lots of decision points yesterday. Okay, so I stopped to look at pins on just one cast member’s lanyard....did that cost us the extra rides? We’ll never know. Lol

Thanks @lynn99 for an amazing day!

7. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    169   0   0

That’s still amazing! You guys were at a bit of a disadvantage with party night at MK. It looks like the successful teams were able to go go go until 1AM with late regular MK hours or EMH.

Haunted575 likes this.