• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Pascal PTD: I am very upset...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pascal PTD: I am very upset...

BugCatcherJenna

It doesnt have to be a snowman
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
So my lovely boyfriend bought me a pascal PTD pin on ebay. I received it today. It came in a bubble mailer.. with the original baggy... The pin was not additionally bubble wrapped.. The baggy was very beat up. Then I examine the pin...THERE'S A BLACK SPOT ON HIS FACE THAT WONT COME OFF!! So, I turn it over... the ice cream cone pattern is completely messed up!! What?! Really... :/ Does anyone else have this pin, and have the same problem? I am very upset... I was looking forward to this pin so much (to the point where I checked the DC number every hour) and this was just a huge let down.

2ml5m.jpg
TMdPM.jpg

I'm sorry to hear this! :( But in case you're thinking it's fake, from the ones I have and from others I've seen, the ice cream cone waffle pattern in the back of the DSF pins is almost always pretty messed up like this, especially on the newer pins... sorry about the spot on his face! :( But at least you have one- he is becoming very hard to find! ;)

No, I wasn't thinking he was fake. I just am very disappointed in quality control, and wanted to compare to other's pins.

The cones on the back are now typical backings for any DSF pins. If you want proof I will take photos of all of mine and post it.

Well, I guess its resolved now. My boyfriend bought me a new one, the seller would not refund only send me a new pin? weird... so I guess this pascal is now for trade...

Not when it comes to your personal collection... many people are the same way... But it will still be a great trader, even with the little scuff... He just looks like he has been bad and got a bit of dirt on his chin...LOL...

:( Very sad.

Am I being too picky? lol

I don't think so but I'm pickier than most I think :)

Just got a Belle/Maurice father's day pin and I'm 99.9% sure it's real and it has the same waffle cone pattern problem. Also had a bent post. Quality control problems imo, but in the end I'm happy.

The black scuff on the face of the pin would drive me insane though.

Last edited:
So I also got my Pascal PTD pin in the mail a few days ago, and while the front of my pin was pristine (and it's my favorite Pascal pin made so far!), the back of my pin looks JUST like yours. I was also initially VERY worried that I got a fake because the ice cream cones just look so... wrong.

I hope it doesn't sound bad, but honestly, I'm really grateful that everyone has ugly pin backs. At least now I know I'm not alone and that my Pascal is legit, too! <3

Uh, also, good on your boyfriend. Can he give tips to my fiance, please-and-thank-you?

Like I said earlier in the post. All the DSF pins are starting to get the horrid ice cream cones. Pm me if you want photos of all my DSF pins. I will provide receipts for pins I have purchased.

My fiance always wonders why I keep my receipts for pins I have bought. Then we had an issue with one jerk that started yelling at me about how I tried to pass off a fake stitch. Then proceeded to drag me and the fiance to where I bought the pin just so he could sleep that night. Ended up not getting the pin from him. Week later I got my hands on the pin. From then on I keep any kind of receipt that I get.

So I also got my Pascal PTD pin in the mail a few days ago, and while the front of my pin was pristine (and it's my favorite Pascal pin made so far!), the back of my pin looks JUST like yours. I was also initially VERY worried that I got a fake because the ice cream cones just look so... wrong.

I hope it doesn't sound bad, but honestly, I'm really grateful that everyone has ugly pin backs. At least now I know I'm not alone and that my Pascal is legit, too! <3

Uh, also, good on your boyfriend. Can he give tips to my fiance, please-and-thank-you?

Haha! Well, my boyfriend got upset at the ebay seller so we asked for a refund instead... hopefully they will do so... if not I will have him for trade/ sale.

Ive had a few new pins with black marks on, they look like pen or ink marks and generally nothing will get them off, except baby wet wipes! Works 99% of the time, might be worth a try!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back