Pay the HAPPY Forward Contest! Win a Custom Made Shadowbox!!

Discussion in 'DPF Game Room' started by lost-sun-princess, Jan 19, 2013.

1. lost-sun-princess

lost-sun-princess a princess worth waiting for

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0

Haha, you're the second person in two days to send me these pictures, thank you for thinking of me! <3 I love it!

Just two hours left to share your January submission!! As of 12:01a tomorrow, it's FEBRUARY!! Can you believe it?! I have a really fun theme picked out for February, but you'll have to stay tuned to see what next month's contest will be...

January's winner will be chosen no later than Sunday night, so keep an eye on this thread to see who will be our very first winner!! My fiance Dan will serve as guest judge for this month's round, but other guest judges could include my best friend Sara for art submissions (she's a published children's and comic book artist as well as a former Hasbro toy sculptor), my best friend Abby for written submissions (girl can WRITE), my Queen Mommy who is awesome because she made me happen, and a handful of other awesome people I know and love. No one from the forum. I want to keep judging unbiased and fair.

Thank you guys for helping to make this little contest fun! I can't wait to see what other wonderful submissions we may receive! <3

2. Hidden_Miki

Hidden_Miki Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

Lol how funny to have people send it to you twice within 2 days lol. Everytime I see rapunzel related wedding stuff I thin of you and your wedding. thank you so much for putting up this thread. It has been amazing to see everyones thoughts on what disney means to them. I can't wait to see what contest you wll come up next. I will definitely keep my eye out for it. It's just so much fun :)

3. lost-sun-princess

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0

Are we ready for Round Two?
    Welcome to February's Pay the HAPPY Forward Challenge!

In the spirit of my favorite holiday of the year, Valentine's Day, I thought that we might pay homage to our favorite Disney Love Scenes. And what better way to profess your love than through poetry?!

Your challenge this month is to write a haiku that captures your favorite romantic scene in a Disney movie... think outside the box here! You aren't limited to JUST Princess/Prince scenes... what other moments of true love exist in Disney movies?​

Dreams of floating lights,
    Princess and thief together
    Where they're meant to be.

-- Inspired by Rapunzel and Flynn, Tangled​

For those of you who are unfamiliar with haiku, it's a form of Japanese poetry that paints a picture for the audience. It is written in three lines and follows a pattern of syllables - the first line must be five syllables, the second line must be seven syllables, and the third line is also five syllables.

Remember, please follow the posting guidelines found in Entry #1 of this thread! Also, you are free to write as many haikus as you'd like, but please only select ONE to be judged for purposes of the contest. (You may BOLD the haiku that you want judged if you are writing more than one, just somehow denote which poem you'd like to be considered for the contest.)

Entries are due by 11:59 Walt Disney World Time on February 28th, 2013.

Please feel free to PM me with any questions, otherwise, have fun!! I can't wait to see what sort of romantic poetry we'll get this month! xoxo

4. crushedbubbles

crushedbubbles Active Member

Rating - 100%
    68   0   0

Oh darn, not good at poetry lol

5. fireheadfred

fireheadfred RedBaron &Girl with magic hair

Rating - 100%
    56   0   0

no me nether... i scrapped through english

6. ElysionsPrincess

ElysionsPrincess Love Thaws a Frozen Heart!

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

Oooh fun! I'm bad at poetry too haha but oh well!! Now to pick a favorite romantic scene...>.> That is the hard part!

I think I will go with the DELETED scene from Pocahontas, "If I Never Knew You". (If you haven't seen it...just go to Youtube and watch! It is wonderful!). In my opinion, this scene really shows how love can be beautiful and painful. The whole movie actually shows this. That letting go sometimes is the best thing you can do for the one you love. (I just love Pocahontas okay). I will work on my haiku and then post it later! :D

7. lost-sun-princess

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0

You don't have to be good at poetry to enter!! Haikus are fun... they don't have to rhyme, all you have to do is to tell a story in three lines and count syllables. <3

Can't wait to read some entries. Hoping to post January's winners later tonight. The family is getting ready for whatever sportsball tournament is on later today...

8. BugCatcherJenna

BugCatcherJenna It doesnt have to be a snowman

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

Jenna's entry

YES! I am great at Haikus!

[​IMG]

A dinner for two
    pasta delight
    under the pale moon light.

A lady, and a tramp.
    wondering off and never looking back.
    only the moon and stars can see.

^these are not complete.
    to be continueed... i have to go to lunch now. cant finish.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  9. crushedbubbles

crushedbubbles Active Member

Rating - 100%
    68   0   0

CRUSHEDBUBBLES FEBRUARY SUBMISSION
    Sassy glitch locked in
    Meets an unlikely bad guy
    "You are my hero <3"

~~inspired by Ralph and Vanellope's friendship (Wreck it Ralph)

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  10. lost-sun-princess

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0

Fantastic first entries for February, everyone!! Keep 'em coming, I can't wait to see what other poets we have out there!

January's entry asked What Disney Means to You. I grew up in a "Disney Family" - my mom is a New Yorker who fondly remembers riding "it's a small world" at the New York World's Fair. She would grow up to help open EPCOT by installing networking and World Key kiosks before the park opened. In her children, she instilled a deep and resounding love for Walt Disney and his dedication and fervent passion to keep dreaming. I grew up living in the parks - Disneyland's Main Street was practically my own Main Street, and I spent my childhood in glittering princess gowns and tiaras living in Walt's fairytale land.

At twenty-five, Walt's legacy has never been more important to me. In a world too often filled with tragedy and darkness, I know that I have one consistent presence in my life that will always bring me light and joy. I credit every important life lesson I've learned to one of the ten Disney Princesses, and I will always marvel at the truth of "if you dream something more than once, it will surely come true." I will always idolize and remember Walt Disney for what he has given me: the opportunity to create the most magical memories -- through song and dance and spectacle -- with the most important people in my life... my family.

Now the moment we've ALL been waiting for -- the winner of our very first "Pay the HAPPY Forward Contest"!! This month's guest judge was Dan, my fiance. I showed him the thread and let him decide on the entry that best depicted "What Disney Means to You" and he chose...

[​IMG]

Dan was so impressed with your dedication and focus to your family and how you shared your ideas through clean writing that depicted scenes of pure joy that we've both experienced through the films or in the parks. He loved that you chose to remember Walt's legacy through the generations of your own family tree, and to relive the best parts of our childhood.

Story will be receiving a custom made shadowbox in a theme of her choice.

THANK YOU ALL for your brilliant submissions ... we can't wait to see who will win next!! ​

11. Story

Story PinPics : writerkay

Rating - 100%
    275   0   0

Yay!!!! :D \o/ I also Loved reading about you and your family's personal connection to Disney! <3

Thank you, so so much again for the opportunity to write and I am so excited!!!! :hsd: :hsd: :hsd:

Everyone's haikus for this month are so wonderful too! =)

12. Jrdnsmom

Jrdnsmom Active Member

Rating - 98.9%
    93   1   0

I saw you in my dream
    a dance to remember
    familiar eyes a gleam

only a peasent am I
    on white horse you ride
    betrothed to another I sigh

Could it be, a princess is me
    hidden away
    to be with my 1 dream I plea

Stolen by a witch
    your taken
    in chains and aged by bewitch

my finger bleeds
    pricked at spinning wheel
    I sleep forever silent pleads

Chains broken from spell
    slayed dragon witch by your sword
    no time to dwell

are you my just a dream
    prince one in the same
    will my heart gleam

peacfully I lay
    kneel to me
    kiss my lips this day

Spell broken
    true loves kiss
    My prince, my dream, my hearts token

True love prevails
    evil destroyed
    my prince never fails

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  13. Jrdnsmom

Jrdnsmom Active Member

Rating - 98.9%
    93   1   0

14. Aceastrococopuff

Aceastrococopuff Steamboat Willie Advocate

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Lost-sun-princess, I wish it was either Walt disneys romance or his movies, would do way better.....

15. lost-sun-princess

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0

Hi! Not sure what you're asking for here... The topic of the haiku is about romance in Disney movies to celebrate Valentine's Day. Last month was Walt Disney inspired. Next month will be a surprise. :D Please let me know if you have any questions, I'm happy to answer so you can enter!!

16. Aceastrococopuff

Aceastrococopuff Steamboat Willie Advocate

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Okay, here's my entry

It is based on lady and the tramp

eating spaghetti
    Finally their together
    But There's not a kiss

Hopefully I do good! Fingers crossed

17. lost-sun-princess

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0

Happy Valentine's Day to my favorite community on the planet! Big hugs and kisses to you all!

Now that you're in a romantic mood, why not try writing a haiku to enter this month's contest?! <3

18. PixiePost

PixiePost Previously SoraPandora

Rating - 100%
    145   0   0

SORAPANDORA FEBRUARY SUBMISSION

How funny! I chose to write a haiku based on Lady and the Tramp too.
    I guess we have a lot of dog lovers here. :)

Last night she put her
    mouth against my muzzle - her
    paw upon my heart.

[​IMG]

I know we're only allowed one entry per person, so that's mine, but I'm going to share some more I wrote last night, just for fun...

Here's one I wrote inspired by Peter and Wendy:

How very clever!
    He took my thimble; and then -
    He gave me the stars.

And another inspired by Wendy: (Not really a love poem, but whatever.)

Leaf green, stardust gold
    With a story in my heart
    I'll never grow old

From Tink's point of view

I hate that Wendy!
    What does Peter see in her?
    Bitch can't even fly
    :lol:

Disney-inspired haiku is fun. :)
    I might write more later...​

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  19. mickeymousje

mickeymousje Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    378   0   1

How nice of you to this! I have to think about something I'm not good at poetry lol

20. Dalamara

Dalamara Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    103   0   0

OMG!!! Your Tink one made me bust out laughing at my desk at work!! :lol:

21. Vixy

Vixy The Girl That's Never Been

Rating - 100%
    251   0   0

VIXY FEBRUARY SUBMISSION

"No-- I've never danced."
    Ah, twirling on lily pads!
    Evangeline smiles.

(Sorry... just reread the first post and realized I forgot to start in the requested way.)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  22. Deanopeez

Deanopeez Member

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

DEANOPEEZ'S FEBRUARY ENTRY

from "UP"

It's easy to wear
    your heart on your sleeve when it's
    a grape soda cap.

:love:

23. MerlinEmrys

MerlinEmrys Hicitus Pinicus!

Rating - 100%
    477   0   0

MERLINEMRYS FEBRUARY SUBMISSION

Okay, so I would like this first one to count if it can. It's not a Disney Movie, but it is Disney love. :3

Across land and sea,
    With two pins upon two hearts.
    Keep your love entwined.

(This makes sense if you've read my thread here: http://disneypinforum.com/showthread.php?29083-Worlds-Apart-Connected-by-the-Heart-and-Pins )

But, if it MUST be from a Disney movie, I have this one too:

If you'll take a chance,
    Love makes Princes of us all.
    Diamonds in the rough.

[​IMG]

~Merlin

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  24. MerlinEmrys

MerlinEmrys Hicitus Pinicus!

Rating - 100%
    477   0   0

Oh my god, that's adorable. <3