Pay the HAPPY Forward Contest! Win a Custom Made Shadowbox!!

Discussion in 'DPF Game Room' started by lost-sun-princess, Jan 19, 2013.

1. disneygirl333

disneygirl333 Gif Enchantress

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

If Hollie enters... we're all doomed.. lol

She is AMAZING at art!

2. Disxar

Disxar the one and only.

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

Yay drawing :D

3. fireheadfred

fireheadfred RedBaron &Girl with magic hair

Rating - 100%
    56   0   0

im much better at drawing then writing!

heres my sketch dump for March: ALL THE BEST BITS OF SPRING!!

( st patrick pascal, Mothers day (in the uk its march), Easter Bonnets ( so the US do these?! i loved making them when i was little) Pascal getting caught stealing a chocolate egg by max, SPRING FLOWERS!, and painting eggs

OPEN IMAGE IN NEW TAB TO SEE BIGGER XX
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  4. Dalamara

Dalamara Active Member

Rating - 100%
    101   0   0

Oh my goodness, the one with Max and Pascal :lol:

5. PixiePost

PixiePost Previously SoraPandora

Rating - 100%
    145   0   0

OMG. St. Patrick's Pascal is one of the cutest things I've ever seen. :-D

6. lost-sun-princess

lost-sun-princess a princess worth waiting for

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0

Hey everyone! Thanks for your patience in announcing February's winner - my judge got back to me late last night with a name... I'll make a formal announcement tonight! <3

7. Jrdnsmom

Jrdnsmom Active Member

Rating - 98.9%
    93   1   0

OMG! Hollie I just love your art, Your so amazing!

8. lost-sun-princess

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0

Disney is known for timeless scenes of romance so poignant that they bring tears to our eyes or make us dream wistfully of a world where we might experience such romance. This February, I challenged you all to imagine your favorite Disney romance as you wrote a traditional three-lined poem - a haiku. It's with great pleasure that I announce the winner of February's Pay the HAPPY Forward Contest...

[​IMG]

This month's judge was one of my best friends, Bethany. She's a writer for Comics Alliance and a general Disney fan. She loved that in three simple lines, the story of Ellie and Carl's love was elegantly told. Deanopeez, watch your inbox for important information regarding your prize, a custom made shadowbox!

But wait. One more thing.

Last month, a member shared a very beautiful and very personal story of true love. Many of us have faced challenges in our romantic lives, but this member has used our beloved hobby to overcome these challenges and to share a very special link with his loved one. His story brought so much joy to so many of us and his haiku shared such a personal story that I couldn't help but offer him recognition this month:

[​IMG]

MerlinEmrys will receive a custom made, single-pin frame to display his beloved Chip pin when it's not pinned to the lapel of his jacket, so that it may always remain safe and on display as a testament to his love and friendship.

To everyone who competed in February - Bethany had one heck of a job to choose just one winner. Thank you for giving us such a hard contest to judge. Keep the entries coming for February. I'm ready to see your colorful springtime art!! Bring it on!! ​

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  9. disneygirl333

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

Congrats to the winner and honorable mention!

10. Disxar

Disxar the one and only.

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0

Congrats to the winners! Yall deserved it! :D

11. MerlinEmrys

MerlinEmrys Hicitus Pinicus!

Rating - 100%
    457   0   0

D8!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my goodness! J'aimie you are soooo sweet! D'8 My tears! They are flowing like waterfalls!

Thank you all so much for your kindness and loving comments about our story! And this is like edible gold-plated icing on the cake! XD I'm just speechless (which is a big deal...I'm an English teacher...)

Thank you again! Can't wait to tell Tai! :D

~Merlin

12. PixiePost

PixiePost Previously SoraPandora

Rating - 100%
    145   0   0

Yay! Congratulations, you guys!!!

13. Deanopeez

Deanopeez Member

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

Oh, wow! I'm so humbled, I thought all of the entries were so great! I can't believe I actually got picked. And, I'm so glad to see MerlinEmrys get recognized for his amazing story. The thing I love about your contest, lost-sun-princess, is that it allows us to bring all of the reasons we love pins together in celebration. It's just one more way to share the joy.

You guys rule, and good luck to the March entrants! (You will notice me sticking to word-based entries from here on out, LOL!) I'll be sure to post pictures of the shadowbox when it's up and decorated!!!

14. Hidden_Miki

Hidden_Miki Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

I love reading every ones entry so wonderful and congrats to the winners you guys really deserve it :)

15. Hidden_Miki

Hidden_Miki Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

I can't get enough of your art hollie your amazing :)

16. fireheadfred

fireheadfred RedBaron &Girl with magic hair

Rating - 100%
    56   0   0

thank you sweet pea! karl has been telling me im drawing too much punzie so i have to work on my other characters. yesterday was a dumbo and princess and the frog snow globe for my portfolio. im sure ill sneak more punzle in though :p

17. lost-sun-princess

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0

BUMP to get some more entries for March! We're halfway through this month's artistic challenge!!

Also, an update on February prizes - Both Deenopeez's and MerlinEmry's shadowboxes/frames will be shipped next week, one is done, the other should be built this weekend if all goes according to plan! Thanks for your patience as I make these my friends!! <3

18. MerlinEmrys

MerlinEmrys Hicitus Pinicus!

Rating - 100%
    457   0   0

Ahh! :D I can't wait to see the entries for this month! It's gonna be awesome! :D

~Merlin

19. Hidden_Miki

Hidden_Miki Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

[​IMG]

I figured I'd share this picture I made to send to my sister for Easter. I saw a lovely picture of Ariel's mother and her sisters and decided to make it Easter inspired by making it to where they are showing their mother the Easter eggs they made. Coloring Easter egg's has always been my mine and my sisters favorite part about Easter and since there is 7 of us I thought it would be the perfect picture to make for my sister. I hope you all enjoy :)

20. Romancing_Train

Romancing_Train EVERYPONY calm the buck down!

Rating - 100%
    170   0   0

Omg I was just thinking about this thread. <3 I am tryin to enter... </3

21. Hidden_Miki

Hidden_Miki Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

You should definitely enter your pretty great at drawing and I've loved some of the art you've shared with us on the forum before :)

22. disneygirl333

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

Still slowly working on mine... :)

23. ElysionsPrincess

ElysionsPrincess Love Thaws a Frozen Heart!

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

Ahhhh! I want to do this!! D: I can't believe I'm just seeing this now! Will try my best to have something in by this weekend! Though I'm not sure I can compete with this stunning artwork! <3

24. ElysionsPrincess

ElysionsPrincess Love Thaws a Frozen Heart!

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

[​IMG]
    craplicious doodle I just made in like ten minutes lol. Sorry the picture quality sucks too! This may not be my official entry, but I wanted to contribute to giggles none the less!

25. Romancing_Train

Romancing_Train EVERYPONY calm the buck down!

Rating - 100%
    170   0   0

For me the best part of spring is two things:
    Gardening <3 And my boyfriend gets to come home for spring break or I get to go see him!! This year his school decided no spring break so I haven't got to spend time with him yet. Gardening is still happening though! PLANT ALL THE VEGGIES! So this is my entry:

[​IMG]