Pay the HAPPY Forward Contest! Win a Custom Made Shadowbox!!

Discussion in 'DPF Game Room' started by lost-sun-princess, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Nettiejeanne

Nettiejeanne DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    121   0   0

Before she posts the winner, I just wanted to say how much I admire all of you with your artistic ability & the courage to put it out there! I did my first painting in March and although I'm pretty happy with it, I'm not sure I'm brave enough to post it.

So kudos to all of you! You are all winners in my book! And if May's contest doesn't require artistic ability with my hands...and I can just use my brain... I will enter, too. Bravery is contagious! :)

2. Cjvandever

Cjvandever Active Member

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0

Wow, so much artistic talent! I think all the entries are awesome. Good luck to all! I'm excited to see who wins.

3. Romancing_Train

Romancing_Train EVERYPONY calm the buck down!

Rating - 100%
    170   0   0

Hey love :3 It's not a contest of skill I think..it's about the expression! And yours was wonderful!

4. lost-sun-princess

lost-sun-princess a princess worth waiting for

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0

First of all, I want to say how proud I am to be part of a community that demonstrates such wonderful sportsmanship and encouraging comments and remarks. This was such a fun month to see entries, and I am so proud of each and every one of your pieces. Thank you for making this contest come alive with your creativity. It's an honor to host!

Secondly, thank you so much for your patience in this month's judging and winner announcement. This month's judge was one of my two best friends, artist Sara Richard, whose work can be most recently seen gracing the covers of select variants of the My Little Pony comic!! She's a Disney fan (see her art - I am lucky to have so many of her original, coveted Disney pieces hanging on my walls!) , and was especially impressed by this month's entries.

Okay!! Enough of that! Are you ready for March's winner?!

Here she is:

[​IMG]

The one... The only... Miss Carissa!! Congratulations, lady! Sara, a veritable master of all things photoshop, was especially impressed by your dedication to the pixels in Calhoun and Felix's garden, your use of color, and your adorable representation of this couple!!

Watch your inbox, Carissa!! Here comes an important PM with some prize information!

To the rest of you! Thank you so much for your entries. Stay tuned for May's announcement in a few weeks!! ​

5. BugCatcherJenna

BugCatcherJenna It doesnt have to be a snowman

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

Oooooh!! Congrats Carissa!!! :D

Everyone had wonderful entries!!!!

6. disneygirl333

disneygirl333 Gif Enchantress

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

Congrats Carissa. :) I told you so. ;)

7. Hidden_Miki

Hidden_Miki Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

oo congrats i really loved your picture clarissa :)

8. fireheadfred

fireheadfred RedBaron &Girl with magic hair

Rating - 100%
    56   0   0

Eeee yay carissa! <3 <3 <3

9. Romancing_Train

Romancing_Train EVERYPONY calm the buck down!

Rating - 100%
    170   0   0

Thank you guys. I am so happy ;A;

10. Jrdnsmom

Jrdnsmom Active Member

Rating - 98.9%
    93   1   0

OOOo I missed this last game, but Iam excited for the next one! your games are fun! Thanks for continuing to hold these contests! your really sweet.

11. disneygirl333

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

12. lost-sun-princess

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0

Yeah, yeah, I know, I know... :facepalm:

... need one more month, my friends. Hoping to be back in the swing of things with our monthly contest for June, my sincere apologies...

13. BugCatcherJenna

BugCatcherJenna It doesnt have to be a snowman

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

It's okay J'aimie! We all understand! xx

14. disneygirl333

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

+1 :hug:

15. disneygirl333

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

16. lost-sun-princess

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0

Stay tuned. It's June. Details coming tonight...

17. Onlera

Onlera Active Member

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

how exciting! i'm hoping to play this time ^^

18. lost-sun-princess

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0

I hope you will, too! I feel badly that I've had to put this to the side for a few months, but now that things have calmed down a little bit I should be able to give the contest and the shadowboxes the attention they deserve!

19. lost-sun-princess

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0

It's Summer!
    Let's Celebrate The Happy! <3
    Thank you all for understanding and being patient as I took a few months to get my life together! As you know, I had wedding obligations, but also my biggest costume show of the year and a much needed break in Walt Disney World to celebrate Star Wars Weekend with my fiance! So to say we've been busy is definitely an understatement, but it's my favorite month of the year -- June!! -- and I am ready to go on with the show!

June is an amazing month, full of celebrations! Not only is it the beginning of summer, but it's a chance to celebrate our Dads on Father's Day, and it's exactly half way through the year! The weather is warm and bright, school is out, and on a personal note, it's my birthday month!! So to celebrate my favorite month of the year, June's challenge will incoroproate one of my all time favorite things - fashion.

Inspired by Disney Bound, this month's contest asks you to put together your favorite Disney Character inspired outfit! This isn't a costume - it's an OUTFIT you would wear out and about inspired by your favorite Disney character, your favorite Disney ride, attraction or park. Please post a picture of yourself in your outfit, and feel free to hold up a sign with your favorite part of summer.

Please note, you are not REQUIRED TO BUY ANYTHING to enter this contest - shop your wardrobe and put together your best inspired look! Design your own makeup, hair and shoes to complete the look but most importantly, HAVE FUN with this one! I've been waiting awhile to put this challenge out there, and I hope you all love it!

Submissions are due June 30th @ 11:59 PM Walt Disney World Time! Questions? PM me!

Thanks for Playing!! <3

20. fireheadfred

Rating - 100%
    56   0   0

Now this is a fun idea!!!!!! J'aimie you are fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone please do this! I love disney bounding!!!!

21. disneygirl333

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

I love disney bounding.. But I can't post a picture of myself here. :(

22. Onlera

Onlera Active Member

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

oh, dang, this is a lot harder than making a drawing or story... hmm.. i'll have to think about how to do this.. hrm... fashion really isn't my thing, but i guess i could try...

23. lost-sun-princess

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0

Hmm. Sorry this might be a bit more challenging for some of us. I have a few ideas to make this a bit more accessible to everyone, give me a little while to see if I can make this a little more open... Keep your eyes peeled, I'll see if I can update this afternoon/evening. I want everyone to be able to participate!

24. fireheadfred

Rating - 100%
    56   0   0

if you dont want to take a photo Maya you could lay it out on the floor and take a photo???

25. Onlera

Onlera Active Member

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

maybe we could DESIGN an outfit, without actually having to get it together? I, at least, don't have a large enough wardrobe to do this without having to buy a lot of stuff (to do it halfway decently, at least). so being able to draw items we don't own would sure be helpful, for me.