Pay the HAPPY Forward Contest! Win a Custom Made Shadowbox!!

Discussion in 'DPF Game Room' started by lost-sun-princess, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Vixy

Vixy The Girl That's Never Been

Rating - 100%
    251   0   0

Can we submit a previously-done Disneybound photo?

2. lost-sun-princess

lost-sun-princess a princess worth waiting for

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0

This is what I was thinking as the fix. Polyvore is where most of the Disney Bound designs come from, I think, and it's a very simple to use application. So having said that, I will amend this month's rules to make it more accessible to everyone by allowing entries in one of three ways:

1. Create the design from your wardrobe, wear it, snap a picture.
    2. Create a design using the Polyvore application on your computer, save the collage and post it. (http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/app)
    3. Sketch/draw an every day design based on your favorite character's look.

For all three entry types, please share what character/film/scene/ride/etc. your look is based on. Does this seem better? That way there are choices of entry, so no matter what your have in your wardrobe or whether or not you can post photos of yourself here, there are alternatives. They will be judged for contest purposes equally, of course. Sound good? I didn't mean to exclude or make anyone feel uncomfortable with this month's contest! So sorry!!

EDIT: My only request if you sketch the design is that we get to see some color, since color is such a HUGE part of any Disney character. Sound fair? :) Thanks for your ideas, everyone, I want to be sure everyone has a fair chance at entering.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
  3. Aceastrococopuff

Aceastrococopuff Steamboat Willie Advocate

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Seeing how am I guy... I may have to get my sister to do this one...

4. Onlera

Onlera Active Member

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

i'm kinda torn. i came up with a few sketches, and i could submit my favorite from those, but i worry that later in the month i'm going to come up with a better one and it'll be too late once i submit one >.<

5. fireheadfred

fireheadfred RedBaron &Girl with magic hair

Rating - 100%
    56   0   0

man o man i have so many choices... can i go a collage of the same character disneybound? or just one??

6. Jrdnsmom

Jrdnsmom Active Member

Rating - 98.9%
    93   1   0

I made an outfit on Polyvore how do I get it posted here? I named it everyday rapunzel. I don't know lol I don't know much about fashion I try to dress up sometimes but im mostly a t-shirt jeans girl, but I gav it a shot. it was fun though.

7. Hidden_Miki

Hidden_Miki Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

I am so excited yeah love fashion will definitely post later :)

8. Onlera

Onlera Active Member

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

Okay, I've decided to just go for it. Here is my entry!
    [​IMG]

it's based on the outfit Mulan wears at the beginning of the film. I'll describe the items, in case it's hard to tell from the drawing.

first, hair is worn loose and down, hanging behind the shoulders.
    the tops is a light green 3/4 sleeve tee with a rounded neckline
    Next is a dark blue scarf, tied around the waist
    Then, a pale yellow mid-calf length skirt
    Shoes are supposed to be light green ballet flats.
    The finishing touch is a dark green purse or bag, with the shoulder strap worn across the chest

This was pretty hard for me, since I do a lot of actual costumes, but I tried my best. I actually came up with quite a few designs, but this was the one that was both a nice outfit and clearly evoked the idea of the character it was based on. I hope I did okay, since I'd never done a Disney bound outfits before ^^;

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
  9. Romancing_Train

Romancing_Train EVERYPONY calm the buck down!

Rating - 100%
    170   0   0

Onlera! That's great!

I know I can't win, but I will be playing too for the fun of it! Mines half sketched out too ;D

10. Onlera

Onlera Active Member

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

thank you ^^ I don't think I'll be winning either (fashion is definitely not my talent), but it was a fun challenge, to be sure.

11. Romancing_Train

Rating - 100%
    170   0   0

Oh no I'm disqualified LOL

12. Onlera

Onlera Active Member

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

*facepalm* oh, duh, you won earlier in the year. My bad.

13. Vixy

Rating - 100%
    251   0   0

So I am not sure whether it's okay to use a previously done disneybound; if this is disqualified please let me know, but here are two that I did in March at DLR:

[​IMG][​IMG]

Disneybound Alice! Details it's hard to get from the photo: black headband, blue nails and eye shadow, Cheshire Cat earrings, teapot charm necklace. (I had some photos taken with the Alice face character, but the passerby who took the photo only got us from the torso up.)

[​IMG][​IMG]

Disneybound Cinderella. :) I should've turned my head a bit so that the kerchief in my hair got pictured a bit better. The necklace is a clock face. (I really tried to find a broom charm to put on my necklace but I couldn't find one that wasn't a witch riding a broom.)

Edit: Cinderella will be my official entry for the contest. Thanks!

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  14. lost-sun-princess

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0

Just one, please!

Previously used is fine, so long as it's not a costume (which yours are not), and I am so sorry I missed this question. My bad! :facepalm: Thanks so much for your great entries, but which would you like to submit for contest purposes? You're adorable, btw!

15. lost-sun-princess

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0

Great entry, thank you so much! :) So cute!!

Janice, I saw that yours posted to a newsfeed on FB. Can you save the picture and then upload it here (the same way you uploaded your signature)?? If you have questions, PM me and I'll see if I can help you with the posting part. :)

Judge information coming soon -- just need to loop her in on all this! There was only one person who came to mind when it came to fashion...

GREAT ENTRIES!! KEEP 'EM COMING!! (And sorry for not responding to some of these sooner!)

16. Vixy

Rating - 100%
    251   0   0

Oops sorry! I would like Cinderella to be my entry for contest purposes. :)

*blush*

17. Lizard1515

Lizard1515 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0

in not sure how to post my photo from polyvore. im stuck :(

18. ElysionsPrincess

ElysionsPrincess Love Thaws a Frozen Heart!

Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

Ooooh very fun! I am going to have fun with this, once I decide who to do!

19. Lizard1515

Lizard1515 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0

Okay so after much thought I decided to go with a character that doesn't get seen a lot. So my submission is my version of Kida's outfit from Atlantis. I just hope I didn't butcher it! lol

I did the white eyeliner and white polish to do an homage to her white hair. I also gave a bandeau or tank top option depending on each individuals style. I know I do not have any shoes but that's because Kida doesn't have shoes. :D So I hope you all enjoy my work and thanks so much to you lostsunprincess for bringing out my creativity in a whole new way! This was so much fun!!!

[​IMG]

It took me all day to figure out how to actually use this website but I am now addicted to polyvore so if you would like to check out my other disney designs then click Here. :)

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
  20. Lizard1515

Lizard1515 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0

Friendly bump for this super cool game :)

21. BugCatcherJenna

BugCatcherJenna It doesnt have to be a snowman

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

[​IMG]
    I came out of the shadows to post this....

Just in time for SUMMER....
    Here is my entry... PASCAL!!!
    It's pretty simple, but it's good for going to the beach or hanging out at the park!
    That's a hair bow in the top right corner. :)
    Here is the link to my polyvore... http://queen0fsnail.polyvore.com/

22. fireheadfred

fireheadfred RedBaron &Girl with magic hair

Rating - 100%
    56   0   0

heres my entry for this month's entry :)
    [​IMG]

23. Onlera

Onlera Active Member

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

aw, yours is so cute, hollie ^^

24. Vixy

Rating - 100%
    251   0   0

+1 OMG!

Actually now I want to see Hollie and Jenna go out to the parks together in their Disneybound outfits! :D

25. Romancing_Train

Rating - 100%
    170   0   0

Somehow I feel like you're cheating. Just because you happen to be Rapunzel lol...