Pay the HAPPY Forward Contest! Win a Custom Made Shadowbox!!

Discussion in 'DPF Game Room' started by lost-sun-princess, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Mermaid's_grotto

Mermaid's_grotto aka Damu

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

mermaid's_grotto

Thought I'd give it a go for a laugh, first time using the site so just quickly stuck with someone's previous made template layout hence "paris collection" - just imagine it reads "Classic Mouse"

[​IMG]

When I actually thought about things I wear everyday I realised a certain mouse had a big influence from an early age. I love wearing black/red combos as it my favourite colour and I love bright colours too (known to wearing my cream/gold adidas sneakers against purple or black tights if wearing on rare occasions a dress). I do also wear gloves out as much as possible when it isn't too warm (or take them off if it becomes so) and still wear my old mickey tops, so yeh I get some odd looks :lol: Oh and I've never been to DLRP.

2. fireheadfred

fireheadfred RedBaron &Girl with magic hair

Rating - 100%
    56   0   0

sorry i only just read!!!!!!!

awww thank you

i wanna do this!!!! Jenna we need to make this happen!!

shhhh ;) im in disguise as Hollie

awwww you made my whole world <3 <3 nicest thing ever <3 <3

Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
  3. lost-sun-princess

lost-sun-princess a princess worth waiting for

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0

BUMP! Just a few more hours for June's challenge!! :) Still plenty of time to get a submission in before the 11:59 PM EST deadline! Good luck everyone!

4. evlover0327

evlover0327 Mane Event

Rating - 90%
    9   1   0

I love Disney bounding at Disneyland, even though I haven't been able to do it in a while.

Here's my entry

[​IMG]

5. lost-sun-princess

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0

Alright everyone, thank you so much for your June submissions. I'm compiling each and every entry to send to our guest judge, a fashion blogger for Comics Alliance and one of my best friends, Bethany. It will likely take her a few days to pick a winner, but my hope is to have our June champion named by the end of the week!

Thank you all for your participation. Let's see what July has to offer! Check back soon! <3

6. Onlera

Onlera Active Member

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

well, i'm interested to see the winner. it was fun to try, tho ^^ and i even came up with an outfit that i wouldn't mind wearing myself

7. lost-sun-princess

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0

Hi everyone. I wanted to apologize for not getting a winner announced as soon as I expected to. I really don't like using this as an excuse but I've had some unexpected and frustrating health issues this week and I have surgery tomorrow (routine, nothing serious by ANY stretch of the imagination, but I'm still scared) so please forgive me and give me just a few more days to crown our victor! Thank you again for your participation and patience, it definitely means a lot to me right now and I am so thankful that people have been participating and enjoying this silly little game!

Thanks lots!!

8. Onlera

Onlera Active Member

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

I'm sorry to hear you've been having health issues :( I know how hard those can make it to get things done.
    and no worries on the delay ^^ this is a game you do out of your own generosity, so there's no need to rush ^^ your priority needs to be your health. We can wait on the game until you're feeling better

9. Romancing_Train

Romancing_Train EVERYPONY calm the buck down!

Rating - 100%
    170   0   0

I hope you feel better! I wanted to show you I played too! I love your contests (Even though I can't win anymore! LOL)

[​IMG]

10. Hidden_Miki

Hidden_Miki Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

awe im so sorry to hear your having health issues i hope you get in tip top shape sending you higs and pixie dust :)

11. Hidden_Miki

Hidden_Miki Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

omg this is too cute love it :)

12. Hidden_Miki

Hidden_Miki Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

omg this is too cute love it :)

13. lost-sun-princess

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0

Hi everyone! First and foremost, thank you all for your patience while we settled on a winner. This contest gets harder and harder to select ONE winner for, because the entries keep getting better and better! Thank you all for your continued creativity and support. I started doing this contest to try to pay back some of the amazing kindness shown to me and Dan here at DPF, and honestly, nothing would make me happier than to crank out shadowboxes and gift boxes for everyone. Because you all deserve it.

This contest was one that was near and dear to my heart. For those of you who know didn't know, I am a costumer on the side. I had the privilege of helping to run costumes for some national tours of Broadway shows and in my spare time, I re-create costumes from movies, comics, video games, and of course, Disney films. It's truly a passion of mine and it's something that's run in my family for generations, starting with my great grandmother! So this contest was amazing to watch unfold - seeing your favorite representations of Disney characters through wearable, every day outfits.

For this contest, I actually solicited more than one judge. I asked a few of my costume savvy friends to select their favorite entries and tell me why. It was challenging and part of what took so long is we debated on several entries to win! I wish I had time to make a few awards for this month, but with the wedding coming closer and closer, only one member could win this month, and that winner is:

[​IMG]

Collectively, the judges were a) so thrilled to see such an under-appreciated character represented in this amazing outfit and b) totally floored at just how spot on this entry was. Everything from the white makeup to the bangles and the absolutely perfect necklace just totally nailed Kida's character and we all agreed that this would be an outfit we all want in our closets. Well done, Lizard1515! Watch your inbox for a PM coming from me with details about your prize.

Thank you all for your amazing entries. This was such a ridiculously difficult month to judge. I will have to put another pause on this contest as my obligations to my wedding are really becoming a second job, and I don't want the contest to suffer because I don't have the time to pay attention to it. Watch this space -- we aren't done forever, just for now. :D

Thank you all! <3

Edit: And I've just noticed that the banner says JULY WINNER - it should say JUNE WINNER. Fail. I am so sorry, my post-surgery meds are really making me loopy. x_x;;;​

Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  14. BugCatcherJenna

BugCatcherJenna It doesnt have to be a snowman

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0

15. Hidden_Miki

Hidden_Miki Member

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0

congrats i really loved the kida outfit as well super cute :)

16. Romancing_Train

Romancing_Train EVERYPONY calm the buck down!

Rating - 100%
    170   0   0

Woo go Lizard!! :D

Annd wooo! Post-op medications!

17. Onlera

Onlera Active Member

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

Congrats ^^

18. fireheadfred

fireheadfred RedBaron &Girl with magic hair

Rating - 100%
    56   0   0

WOOP WOOP congratulations!!!! was such a fab entry!!!!!!!!!