• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

ZAPPED! Perfect Timing!

ZAPPED! Perfect Timing!

SoraPandora

Figaro Fan
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
A lot of you know me as Sara, or Sora, or "SoraPandora", but how many of you guys know me as Scribbles the Clown?

No joke! I actually have a rainbow-haired, red-nosed stripes-and-spots sportin' alter-ego. At least once a week, you can catch me singing, dancing, cracking jokes, painting faces, handing out stickers, and (my personal favorite) making balloon animals. I volunteer all over Orange County for kids of all ages who need a smile.

Earlier this evening, I had a gig at one of the local nursing homes, so this afternoon I was in the bathroom, putting on my makeup and getting into character. Suddenly, the doorbell rang and Mom announced I got a package in the mail. She set it down next to me on the bathroom counter, and as soon as I was done powdering my face, I opened it up.

The note inside read: "Hi Sara, A little birdie told me you are looking for this pin. :) Enjoy! Your pin pal, Eva (echan50)"

And under the note, I find this pin hiding in a little bed of bubble wrap:

balloonartist03_zps7e72d7ab.jpg

Umm... Can we say "perfect timing"?

balloonartist02_zps34b662d6.jpg

I immediately attached the pin to my pinafore, next to my name tag, and wore it to the nursing home, where I performed in some super-silly skits and made balloons for all the residents.

Truthfully, I was feeling a little worn-down this afternoon and I wasn't really looking forward to clowning for the next couple of hours, but when I saw the pin, it really put a (big red!) smile on my face and totally brightened up my attitude.

Eva, I can't thank you enough!

Last edited:
That is so awesome of you to spend time bringing smiles to those who need them, Sara!! Absolutely awesome of echan50 to zap you with such a fitting and sweet pin! Congratulations and thanks for sharing! :hsd:

It really is an adorable pin. I feel so lucky, and so loved, to have been getting all these zaps. I cannot get over how kind everyone is on the forum. I cannot believe I've only been pin trading for like 9 months now. I really feel like I am part of this tight-knit pin trading "family."

If you're a newbie and you're reading this... I gotta tell you, stick with this hobby! You will not meet a nicer, friendlier, more generous group of people anywhere. Everyone is so wonderful here.

Okay, I'm gonna stop before the waterworks start up again... (Happy tears!)

I love you guys!!! :hug:

You are an adorable clown!

:wat: Thank you so much!! It's so wonderful to hear that - A lot of people have this deep-seated fear of clowns, so I really strive to come across as cutesy and non-threatening as possible.

Last edited:
You're kidding me??? When I had seen the auto pin trade request come from PinPics, I didn't really understand how this pin was fitting into your collection. I really was thinking that it may have been mistakenly added to your want list some how. I had no clue that a ballon artist was part of your talents. A funny thing is that I needed to contact a few people in order to get your address and that's why it took so long from when I received the email to send the pin. Looks like everything worked out. I'm so glad you like it :)

You are MOST definitely NOT a creepy clown! You are adorable! What a wonderful thing you do! You deserve that sweet zap! :D

You're kidding me??? When I had seen the auto pin trade request come from PinPics, I didn't really understand how this pin was fitting into your collection. I really was thinking that it may have been mistakenly added to your want list some how. I had no clue that a ballon artist was part of your talents. A funny thing is that I needed to contact a few people in order to get your address and that's why it took so long from when I received the email to send the pin. Looks like everything worked out. I'm so glad you like it :)

LOL! Eva, I am most certainly not kidding you. :)

I love balloon-twisting, and I fell in love with this pin the moment I saw it, but I wasn't too sure if I'd ever get it, even though I've sent out lots of requests on PinPics. I've seen it on the Bay for close to $20, and I've seriously debated paying that much, since thats on the high end of my budget for one pin :)facepalm: I am SO cheap compared to most people on this forum!) and as you pointed out, it doesn't really fit into any of my collections.

But thats okay because it looks SO cute on my clown costume, next to my name tag! My clown friends Bubbles and Tiny noticed it today and loved it, too. :) I even think Tiny was a TINY bit jealous. (Heh!)

It is so sweet that you went to the trouble of finding my address and everything to send me this pin. That really means so much to me! :hug:

That is fantastic what you are doing for others!!!!

As a newbie I whole-hardheartedly agree with you. This is my favorite hobby I've had so far. You guys are GREAT!!!!!

Back