• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Pin # 80876

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pin # 80876

jjgasman

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
The pin listed on Pinpics:

is slightly different than the one I received in a trade today. The trader swears he purchased it directly from the DSF in Hollywood.

My version has a bluer background, Stitch's ears are a darker purple, instead of bright orange on the bottom I have orangish-red, and the lettering is actually a slightly different font (more of a block lettering as opposed to the "spooky" font).

Is there variability in the DSF pins? I have no experience with them living in South Florida.

My first thought would be that the image from Pinpics is from an ODPT.com picture, which may not show the "final" version of the pin. Maybe someone else who owns the pin can verify what their pin looks like vs the picture.

I have my answer from the uploader of the Pinpics picture. It turns out the uploaded picture was not the actual pin, but the artist's concept of the pin as copied from Facebook. So, no need to respond to this thread.

Also, just as a side note to add to this, while the concept art can differ from the actual pin, keep in mind that DSF pins also lack some of the quality control of Disney park pins. Case in point: I was at the NBC pin event this past October when they released the playing card pins, and the quality of most of them was just bad (missing paint, blotches, holes/nicks, general variety in the same pin). So just something to keep in mind for DSF pins. Not all of them, to be fair, but there can be quality issues with real/authentic DSF pins as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back