• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Pin card question?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pin card question?

Matty

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Hey everyone. So I am finally starting to get a small collection of pins. I am planning on putting them on some sort of board. My question to everyone is what do you do with the cards. I am thinking it makes sense to keep them because it would be better if I decide to trade or sell them. Sorry if this is a dumb question haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey everyone. So I am finally starting to get a small collection of pins. I am planning on putting them on some sort of board. My question to everyone is what do you do with the cards. I am thinking it makes sense to keep them because it would be better if I decide to trade or sell them. Sorry if this is a dumb question haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think it's a dumb question at all. I've only started collecting about a year and a half ago and struggled with this same decision for a while now (and still do). In the end, I think it's a matter of personal preference. Some collectors, like myself, prefer to keep the cards and prefer to only trade or purchase pins that come with their original card, for the same reason that you said, in case I ever decide to trade or sell them. Others don't require the cards as part of their collection. And that is perfectly fine too. To each their own.

One of the great things about pin collecting is that there isn't one right way to do it, no one right character, ride, movie, etc, etc, etc to collect, and no one right way to store or protect your collection (or investment if that is your preference). If you choose to throw out the cards, store them in a closet, or keep all of your pins in their original card and wrapping, I feel, is entirely up to you. Good luck with your collection. It is an amazing hobby and one that we all get a lot out of for many different, but all equally valid, reasons. Enjoy!

It's better to hold on to them, in case you end up trading or selling the pins, because some collectors do care about having the card. I write the Pinpics # on a post-it, stick it on the card, then put the card in a small zip-lock bag. I file them all in small plastic containers, in numerical order, so I can easily find the right card if/when I need it.

I originally started with ziploc bags and shoe boxes. Now I have a baseball card box, and the larger cards are in a shoebox.

keep the card. Get a post it note pad and use the sticky part to stick to the back of the black backer card (or other card) with a note as to which card goes with which pin.

I keep mine ,but I do not have a board to put mine on ,if I did my house would be all pin wallpaper ,well if you wanted to trade them someday ,some traders like the orig card ,but it's totally up to you ..

I only hold on to the "special" cards - not the ones from typical rack pins. If it's a card from DSF/WDI/Disneyland Paris/etc., I keep it. If it's just black with "Disney Parks" written across the top, I toss it.

I like to keep them too. I put the very special ones in plastic bags with a description on them, so they don't get damaged. I used to display most of my special pins with the card too, but sadly I don't have enough room on my board to do that anymore!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back