• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Pin Comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pin Comparison

Room41more

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Hello everyone! So I traded for a pin that I absolutely knew I wanted for my collection and I received it today! Woot woot!
Now the sad part, I just realized that the pumpkin container is partially blue and stitch's right ear (our left if viewing head-on) has a paint dip

f1efb18739e55f060bd572576b66847e.jpg

The back:
5501601b3269b304f82ae34be8c10b12.jpg

I was just wondering if anyone had ever heard news of this beautiful pin being made at a secondary market? The back looks fine and it feels real from the enamel borders and weight but those 2 these are throwing me off

Thank you for the help/advice beforehand!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've not seen any fakes of this pin before . The paint dip is unfortunate but could just be a quality control issue . The pumpkin pot is the same deal , I recall a Sleeping Beauty window with the fairies in incorrect colours . If you bought off eBay and the seller used the PinPics stock photo you might be able to get some form of compensation but I'd say not fake just probably one that should have been rejected by the original purchaser .

They should have notified you of any imperfections before trading. However, some people just like to supply a picture of the pin, which then makes it your responsibility to notice it (something I dont condone).

Most likely this is an error pin ... it's real but with "issues" ... this has happened many times over the years! Disney's quality control is not always the best. Paint dips are not all that uncommon ... I've bought pins directly from Disney Auctions, etc. that came with "issues" but whatcha gonna do? I could have returned them but because the pins were completely sold out all I could get was my money back ... I'd rather have the pin! So I kept them! Lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back