• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Pin Event Theme idea to help Disney make better pin events

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pin Event Theme idea to help Disney make better pin events

fluffycat1

Cute and fluffy >^..^
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
:nono:This is my soap box...and this is what I was thinking :dunno:

I no longer can go to pin events because of money and I always sponsor, but I have tried a few events and for the most part, always enjoy the event (but never pin trading). Why? Because it cost so much to go, that when we do-we do Disney. Anyway...my idea for making a great pin event theme is....
images
Now does everyone remember Trade City and the journal book where you could get pins from the board as well as mystery pack? Many thanks Disney, because you didn't explain that concept-it cost collectors $$$$ on Ebay to complete that book (we're still working on it and estimate 2019 it will be completed at a reasonable price.)
pin79650
Pin 79650: WDW - Trade City, USA - Disney Pin Celebration 2010 - Welcome Gift Box for Road Signs - Box & 2 pins ONLY
Well for the Up Event, everyone gets
images
and the pins offered will fit onto the sash.
images
It's a win win for Disney because you will have those who will try and fill the sash and look at the selections available (imagine your favorite characters inserted)
images
Or, these could be mystery pins for the sash. The parting gift will of course be
images
and the Adventure Book could hold the character pins
images
The ideas are unlimited and Up is HOT now. So what do you think or can you come up with a better theme? Remember Cars is opening in DLR CA and wouldn't a Cars theme be cool?​
images

I hope there are not ever that many UP pins at one time or I will be living on the street.

Edit: the more I think about it, the more I want it, but I really would be living on the street after attempting to buy them all.

Last edited:
There are so many things that Disney could do better, but I wish they would come up with a way for a group of traders to work with Disney on what makes a pin event fun and inviting for everyone. What would be a good welcome gift and parting gift. They do OK on the pins, but obviously need input on everything that goes with the event. It would just be nice to feel included in the process.

that would be an awsome original idea. Too bad Disney does not think of really good ideas. Looking at past events. It's a Pixar theme and therefore maybe problems mixing up Disney may be a problem. All pin events must have the core charecters. The Fab 5. Disney never did anything hot except make 9 Grape Soda pins when they did not speak to each Disney brand. They recently love non LE pins with chasers and now gold chasers. Three levels with no edition size. Can you say P-R-O-F-I-T? Except for the framed editions and individual LE <100's, pins from events are so specific to collectors themes that the what's and trades ratios do not draw high trades or ever made "Grail" status.

If you look at up collectors, except for the DSF Surprise Grape Soda original pin, there are not that many of us out there. Take the recent DisneyStore release LE 125. Of the 125, there are about ~90 sets still intact. From day one until now, there are/were about 18 sets broken to trade on Pinpics and about 8 sets and 5 broken sets for individual pins on eBay. Give of take a few that I missed or like my sets that are not listed on Pinpics as of yet. A whole event for UP would not make money. The wonderland collectors would be left out. Tinker Bell and Princesses would be left out and not last but Villins, Stitch, ect.

That's why I do not go to events. Not enough pins "I" like for my collections. If there is or were, I would trade or buy on eBay the ones I want.

If Disney really thought of Pin Events that would be able to do, it would be a Pixar theme. But then it would be at WDW because DLR gets the leftovers and second hand event themes that are not as detailed or exciting as WDW?

What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back